Fri, Sep 20, 1:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Total Hair part II

thgeisel ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2001 at 2:02 PM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 11:07 PM

after the dicussion yesterday I had some time to play around with this hair. first : to get these ugly strands away, hmann gave me the tip to change the transmap. load " maintrans.jpg" in a paintprogramm and paint the lower half of the " inner right" and " inner left" black.saved this map with different name and load it instead of the normal transmap. worked!! second:( sorry sounds a little bit silly) but the look of the hair seems to depend much of the HIGHT of the camera.If you raise the camera a bit the curls merge better and the ugly M in the middle disapears. sorry for my bad english

BillyGoat ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2001 at 2:51 PM

Well, after yesterdays discussion, i'm not much in the mood to perform pre-post work and changes to the camera angles on a $30. item that SHOULD LOOK AND PERFORM LIKE THE PRODUCT ADVERTISEMENT! Tweaking, I understand. Revamping a transmap to make the product 'useable' is totally ridiculous. I save that kind of work for free goodies, and ONLY when I want it to suit me, not to make it useable. I'm not mad at you Pervers, I'm mad at the whole situation and how it's changed my feelings about what I purchase. However, maybe you can tell me what to expect when I want to pose and/or animate my model without the dark lights preset and 1 specific camera angle. I appreciate your help, but it pretty much looks like all you can do with this model is side-shot portraits. What can be done to increase the thin, wispy hair itself? It's so thin you can see the ears through it! Well, from what I read yesterday, you pretty much have to be an 'advanced user' to be buying and using this hair model. Looks like nobody in that category bought the hair... and that's very interesting.

thgeisel ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2001 at 3:03 PM

you are right in all you tell,such a produkt should work without fideling around . but sometimes its a challange for me to get things working.and i learn more than with stuff that working right from the beginning :-))

ookami ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2001 at 3:37 PM

They should implement a RATING system for the store items... that way, we can tell what is junk.

JeffH ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2001 at 5:15 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12360&Form.ShowMessage=249161&Reply=251542#54

http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12360&Form.ShowMessage=249161&Reply=251542#54

Magix-101 ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2001 at 2:11 AM

Well sorry to all the Store Owners for the controversy over the hair. I have basically been writing emails all day. I was completely unaware of what was going on and I am not into ignoring anyone...I simply was away, in fact I still wouldn't really know what was going on in the forums if one of the store owners hadn't alerted me to it. What amazes me is that none of these people with bitter complaints had emailed me at all even though I put my email address in the notes. As far as the renders in the promo go...I got them very easily using exactly the same set of lights I included in the package, so anyone that is having problems with renders should send me theirs and tell me how they are doing it. I am immediately looking at the problems of front renders and plan to address that and any other minor issues. However I worked on this hair for months and it definitely is not JUNK as some are insuating. When you try to build a hair package that is versatile in terms of morphing and so on there has to be at least a little bit of willingness on the part of the user to experiment at least a little. I recently bought the Poser Pro Pack for $580 Australian including shipping and GST and it has screwed up a few things in my Poser setup (for example all the male figures now have no hips) BUT I am not about to start a thread about it and bash it on the forums when I can write to Curious Labs directly. There is a simple solution to the legit problems some people are having with some strands in Total hair and I am looking into that immediately (when I can get time off from writing emails). I have written emails to all the buyers informing them of this and I can honestly say that all the replies I have had today have been very encouraging. What is frustrating to me is that those with serious complaints have never bothered to email me...amazing! Instead they would rather go on a bash on the forums, which to me means they would not rather go to the source at all and fix the problem but prefer to get some controversy happening instead. The only complaint I received (while I was away) about the hair was from a girl who was having some trouble with front renders and 2 emails from Pervers who wasn't complaining bitterly but wanted to know how to get a better front render with the curls. In both instances I did all I could to explain what can be done considering the fact that I was not at my computer. Now I am back I am addressing the problem immediately. For any that think the hair is junk (that havent tried it) 1. The promo renders are untouched by photoshop or whatever. 2.Check out Jimi and the Strat guitars in my shop (also untouched) Here are a couple of emails I received toady in response to my post from buyers... Emails I think total hair is slick......(nice).......any improvements are welcome. Like the transmap modification HUOLONG Ironically, I bought it and was downloading it as I simultaneously was reading the Renderosity "not happy" posts. Although I have yet to be able to completely download this large file from the store, I recognized that some very talented work had gone into making this product, so I withheld from contributing to the "knee-jerk" reactions that I saw others posting. I trusted that someone as artistically talented as the person (i.e., you) who was capable of creating such a potentially outstanding work in the first place would rectify any problems with his creation. I thank you for your devotion to your grateful customers. I look forward to your promised improvements, and I would happily purchase from you again. Keep up the good work. I have been totally satisfied with your hair. The only problem that I have had is trying to get the blond textures to work. What is the correct texture combination to produce blond hair? I just bought Victoria today and only needed to increase the z-scale slightly to get full coverage on her forehead. I do, however, look forward to any and all of your updates. Thank you for a superior product! Sincerely, John Diamond

RealitysPoison ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2001 at 1:01 PM

O.K. I am one of those people who were so nicely bitching. And I will give you my reasons. 1. I have PMS, so sue me. 2. I paid $30 for a product, only to have someone (read, not you) mention that it was for advanced users and if we couldn't work it, that was the problem. How do they assume anyone who expected to get what was advertised and did not was not advanced. Yes, I am sure I could have spent time and got good results, but I shouldn't have had to. (And I eventually did get fairly decent results, but not what I was expecting.) 3. I DID email you, and did not receive a reply. So don't just lump all of us who were unhappy into one category who did not try to contact you. Whether you received it or not, I have no idea. And since you are trying to make this right, I will assume that you did not just simply ignore it and that it is floating around in cyber space somewhere. 4. I have PMS for gods sake. Don't piss me off or I will bite your head off. That said. I am very pleased that you are making ammends for this problem. I anxiously await them. I used the lights with the first rendering I did with the hair, and you are right, it does improve the look, but I didn't find it satisfactory. I also do not like to think that in order to make the hair look decent I need to be pigeonholed into using specific lights. I like lights. Lights are my friend. I experiment with them frequently. But since you are making things right I will get off you case and go chew someone else's head off right now. (Maybe my new clients, if he doesn't stop changing his mind as everytime I get 99% done with the project)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.