Sun, Sep 15, 11:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: New to this forum - advice please

Dennisld ( ) posted Tue, 27 December 2005 at 1:30 PM · edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 8:52 AM

file_314205.jpg

Hello everybody, I'm a refugee from the Bryce Forum where everybody continually argues about what is art, S.O.W.'s, political correctness and. of course, the meaning of life. So blow me down, I come wandering over here in search of sanity only to find your all at it too!! (Message 3. 'Apoophysis or Art') [was that spelling error deliberate?] The reason I came over was to get your opinions, you being the best persons to ask, on a picture I've just produced from fractals made in Apophysis. This is my first attempt at anything with Apophysis. I find it a very fascinating program to work with and it produces far, far too many acceptable pictures which I'd like to print and frame! So to get away from the normal (are they the normal?) fractal pictures I've had a go at a winter scene. Ambitious, I know, but you've got to start somewhere. Loads of postwork done in Photopaint 12 but without, to a large extent, changing the original fractals, i.e. changes to size, opacity etc., etc., So opinions and brick-bats please. Say what you like because if you don't like it I'll sulk and won't come back anyway :) Dennis

Rykk ( ) posted Tue, 27 December 2005 at 1:49 PM

I like this flame comp a lot. I like the stark, wintery vibe of it and the "bridge" across the water. Hmmm...brickbats?...sounds like what Barry Bonds uses along with the "cream" to smash baseballs - lol. Seriously, the only things I'd change about it are maybe more clouds around the "Moon" so that it seems to cast a wider light and maybe move the reflection of the Moon a bit down and away from the bridge, which would be casting a shadow there. But that's VERY minor stuff. I like the creativity in putting this together a bunch - well did! Keep 'em comin! Rick

ligt ( ) posted Wed, 28 December 2005 at 1:43 AM

i feel like walking in that famous winterwonderland. ive never seen a flame worked on like this before, but perhaps i wasnt looking to well.perhaps a few stars would complete it, with the suggestions of rykk. and lets see more , please. monica

Dennisld ( ) posted Wed, 28 December 2005 at 3:20 AM

Rykk >> thanks for your comments. A brickbat is 'blunt criticism', but who is Barry Bonds and where does the cream come in? Quite agree about the moon reflection, will change that. Wasn't altogether happy with the cloud formation so will juggle with that a bit as well. ligt > thank you for your comments also. Your suggestion for a few stars is well founded and well observed - will see what I can come up with. Will post another WIP before it goes in my Gallery. Thanks again for your help. Dennis

Longrider ( ) posted Wed, 28 December 2005 at 4:07 PM

It's a nice apo creation well done.Cool use of the flames.

Rykk ( ) posted Wed, 28 December 2005 at 10:07 PM

LOL - yeah, I knew what a "brickbat" was, hence the suggestions. Barry Bonds is a guy who plays baseball in the US and hits lots of homeruns. The "cream" is the steriod compound some allege he's used to hit so many homers and he swears he didn't know it was illegal....sure... Your image is already pretty darn good - the next WIP oughtta be really great! Rick

Dennisld ( ) posted Thu, 29 December 2005 at 8:17 AM

Rykk >> Thanks for the explanation for Barry Bonds and his cream. By way of a coincidence Art Spander wrote in the Daily Telegraph this morning when reporting the 'American View' of sport in America during 2005, and I quote.......... "Barry Bonds, the San Francisco Giants outfielder mired in the BALCO controversy, as well as into the record books, had his own vanishing act. Accussed of steroid use, and in full denial, Bonds missed all but the last three weeks of the season due to knee surgery. Some conspiracy theorists suggested it was an easy way to avoid suspension, but Bonds' return in September, and his five home runs that left him six behind Babe Ruth's total of 714 disproved the idea" I suppose in Biblical terms he was 'sore afraid' of losing, so sore in fact that he had to put some cream on it!!! I've finished the winter scene (I hope) and will post the WIP in a new thread. ligt >> Thank you very much for the Title. I've decided to call it 'Winterwonderland' Dennis

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.