Sun, Sep 15, 11:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: 'Migration' - Work in Progress for comment please.

Dennisld ( ) posted Sat, 31 December 2005 at 6:09 AM ยท edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 6:17 AM

file_315470.jpg

'Migration'

First of all I have to acknowledge the use of 'blatte 18' from a collection in the Freestuff section hosted by blatte.

The actual fractal hasn't been mutated at all and as soon as I saw it a picture formed in my mind. The result of which is 'Migration'.

I'm a firm believer in soliciting for free help when it's available so please make any suggestion which may help improve the image.

Dennis

fractalinda ( ) posted Sat, 31 December 2005 at 2:21 PM

I like your start..especially the flow. I think it could benefit from more of the subdued ghost-like flame vegetation, however, since the black area seems to swallow up the "migration." More subdued action on would also lend some needed dimension. Welcome to the fractal community, BTW!

fractalchemist ( ) posted Sun, 01 January 2006 at 12:07 PM

hi there:-) Did you know we have the fractal gallery to post our images for commenting? This forum is mainly used for questions, announcements and discussions..... Good luck, Eveline

Mags61 ( ) posted Sun, 01 January 2006 at 4:00 PM

Great fish! I like the 'murkiness'of the water - makes it seem really deep but perhaps it should be a bit less green. Not too sure about the rays of light on the lefthand side and maybe there is a bit too much black but it does show the fish up very well. I often change things around in fractal collages I do - and then go back to what I had in the first place. Sometimes it's easy to think you've improved something when actually all you've done is changed it!! Hope you're still enjoying Apo and will persevere some more.

We don't cease to play because we grow old, we grow old because we cease to play.

Dennisld ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 8:49 AM

fractalinda >> Taken your points and acted on them in the next version. Thank you for your imput. Eveline >> Yes, I know about the Gallery but I posted here in the hope of getting some feedback before finally posting in the Gallery. If the pictures rubbish I'd like to know before putting it up for criticism! However, as I've said in a previous thread here, the 'post your Work in Progress in the Forum' system (where community members can make helpful comments) seems to have been consigned to the past. I find it very useful, the first fractal I did was re-designed following helpful comments from more experienced artists in the forum, which resulted in a much better picture. Mags >> Thank you for making a comment on another of my pictures. I think I've addressed most of your points and I have toned the green down to blue!! The finished picture can be viewed here............ http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=1127132&Start=1&Sectionid=30&filter_genre_id=0&WhatsNew=Yes Dennis

Mags61 ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 9:27 AM

Had a look at the finished picture in the gallery but couldn't comment there so just like to say I think it's a huge improvement on the original WIP.

We don't cease to play because we grow old, we grow old because we cease to play.

fractalinda ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 10:34 AM

I'm sorry you felt the need to delete the image, Dennis. I would like to have seen the finished work.

fractalinda ( ) posted Tue, 03 January 2006 at 10:39 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=1127209

My apologies..and the correct link to your "Migration."

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.