Sat, Aug 3, 7:57 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: New Hall

Singular3D ( ) posted Thu, 05 January 2006 at 7:35 PM · edited Tue, 30 July 2024 at 5:42 AM

file_316901.jpg

I'm working quite a while on a new hall system. I finished a first element and wanted to show you the mesh in order to get a first feedback.

The mesh is already fully mapped, but I didn't do any textures until yet. This is a UVMapper screenshot. Hope you like it...

xoconostle ( ) posted Thu, 05 January 2006 at 8:15 PM

I love it ... it's looking spectacular so far. You clearly have a keen sense of architectural proportion ... the arches and vaulted ceilings are especially nice. If you're so inclined perhaps a bit of detail at the capitols of the columns would be nice, although that could also be done with textures. Anyway, this is great .... please share some updates when you're ready! :-)

cryptojoe ( ) posted Thu, 05 January 2006 at 8:18 PM

Terrific! What modeling program did you use?

Yank My Doodle, It's a Dandy!

Helen ( ) posted Thu, 05 January 2006 at 9:15 PM

awesome work :) Helen

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Senior MarketPlace Tester

If anyone sees a mind wandering aimlessly around..... It is mine.  I want it back.

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 05 January 2006 at 9:22 PM

Very nice!!! I don't know anything about modeling, but my novice eyes like it :)

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

quixote ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 1:04 AM

terrific! i'd like to get in there and take a look around. Q

Un coup de dés jamais n'abolira le hazard
S Mallarmé

RedHawk ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 3:05 AM

Wow! That looks fantastic. Looks like you've kept the poly count fairly low without sacrificing detail. Nicely done!

<-insert words of wisdom here->

Singular3D ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 4:11 AM

Thanks for your kind comments. Some more details: This structure has about 20.000 polygons and 12 textures so far. It is part of a figure that will consist of several separate geometries for additional body parts. There will be moveable parts (e.g. windows) and swapable geometry. There will be at least one second element that extends the hall for more depth. Additional parts (elements on columns, a throne, drapery on the wall,...) will rise the poly count to about 100.000 when all features are used. This hall was modeled in Cinema 4D 6 and mapped in UV Mapper. To optimized texture use, I modeled some elements, mapped them and used the C4D Knife tool to construct the hall. This optimization was the hardest part and took most of the time.

Singular3D ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 4:19 AM

file_316902.jpg

These are the oil light sources hanging from the ceiling. Also mapped...

kayjay97 ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 8:46 AM

Oh! I really like this. Very, very nice and I love those hanging lights

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

fetter ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 12:29 PM

Wow! Do you work with leaded glass as your other hobby?

Singular3D ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 5:27 PM

file_316903.jpg

@fetter: No, not really. I like working on virtual objects. Started a bit texturing, so you get a feeling,what it will look like...

richardson ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 9:12 PM

Nice one W! Have you got a brick file for the vaulted ceilng??? ;)))) Herringbone??? I'm sure you'll make it great

Singular3D ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 8:05 AM

I have :-). Wish I had more time to go on with the texturing. Thanks for the 'head up'.

bnetta ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 1:44 PM

oooooooooooooooooooo aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i want! i just love items like this. please do let us know when its ready to be gotten and played with. netta

www.oodlesdoodles.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.