Sun, Oct 6, 6:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: How To: Open a blank scene in P6 (No James on load)

destro75 ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 8:56 AM · edited Tue, 23 July 2024 at 4:24 AM

Hey all,

I don't know if this has been discussed in the past. I have a terrible memory ;-)

You can set up P6 (I don't know about previous versions since I don't use my old ones anymore) to open a totally blank scene, instead of with annoying James standing there with that dumb grin on his face.

If you go into your Runtime folder, and then into your Figures folder, you will find a file labelled default.figure. This is just a text file that you can open in Notepad. The last line should read:

readScript ":Runtime:libraries:character:James:JamesCasual.crz"

Just comment out this line with two slashes in front like the lines above it (//) Voila! No more annoying James when you start a new scene.

If you often do the same character, say Miki, or Vicky you can also change this line to point to the character you use so that you then load that one when you create a new scene.

Just figured I would pass along the info. I found it by accident last night, and thought people might appreciate it.

dasquid ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 9:08 AM

Yeah and poser seems to load faster with a blank scene as your default as well.

Khai ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 9:13 AM · edited Sun, 22 January 2006 at 9:14 AM

even easier :
load poser, delete figure, goto options and set prefered state ;)
or put in your fav figure and set prefered.. same effect, no hacking needed :)

Message edited on: 01/22/2006 09:14

destro75 ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 9:29 AM

Fair enough Khai, but it isn't really hacking, since the file tells you how to do it ;-) Yeah dasquid, it loads significantly faster from what I observe!

cindyx ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 11:59 AM

I always wanted to load my P6 with a blank scene. Thanks guys for telling me how to do it.

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 12:53 PM

I always load poser without a figure. Once I learned I could set my own pose room preferences, I went through the entire pose room interface and set it up the way I want, including with IK turned off, no floor shadow etc, and then saved my preferences. It's one less thing to do when I open Poser.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

JamieReid ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 1:34 PM

How do you turn off IK when you start up? I thought they were figure dependant. That would be an awsome sanity saver, for me. :)

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 2:19 PM

Ok, weird. I was sure I was able to set IK off in Poser 5, but notice I can't in Poser 6. I've taken to using Wardrobe Wizard to zero my figures and automatically hit "turn off IK" as it's part of the WW process, so that's probably why I haven't noticed.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.