Mon, Oct 7, 12:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: Removing loaded toon textures from default screen

ChrisV ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2006 at 5:43 PM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 6:15 PM

I'm sure this must have been asked before (but a forum search hasn't shown anything). When Poser 6 first loads in it's original opening mode with the James character, five toon textures and the ground default tex are loaded with it.

Obviously, I've now removed the figure from my personal default set-up but how do I remove the toon textures? They appear at every start-up and are not required.

As they occupy valuable real estate on the drop down textures list, how can I get rid of them?

maclean ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2006 at 6:34 PM

Funny you should ask that. I've been noticing them a lot lately and I keep forgetting to do something about it. Now that I see your post, maybe someone can enlighten me without me having to dig through forums to find the answer. I'm not terminally lazy - just very busy. mac

byAnton ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2006 at 6:35 PM

If you remove everything from your scene, and memorize the state under Factory settings, it will always launch that way. And it should take care of it.

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

maclean ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2006 at 6:55 PM · edited Fri, 31 March 2006 at 6:58 PM

Anton,

That's the first thing I do with every new version of poser. But just to double-check, I opened P6 a minute ago. I have a completely blank scene - zilch in it, apart from 3 lights and the cameras. I set it in Prefs again, just to make sure, closed and re-opened poser. Then I added a poser cube, went to the material room and crested an image_map node. In Browse, I find 5 toon./pngs listed. The path is

Runtime/texures/toon/toon1.png

This folder doesn't exist in my Runtime, and there are no toon.pngs to be found.

mac Edit - To make sure, I tried Factory and Preferred State. The toons won't go away.

Message edited on: 03/31/2006 18:58

maclean ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2006 at 7:16 PM

A couple of other things I tried. I checked the PreferredState.pz3 in Cr2Editor. No toon.pngs. Then I checked a few of .xmls - posershell and the material room ones. None there either. I did a windows search in the whole Runtime. Not a toon.png in sight. I'm mystified. mac

nruddock ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2006 at 7:24 PM

The reference to them is in Poser.exe
Probably just something that got left in some code that isn't used.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.