Fri, Sep 20, 7:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Update to Version 5.09 - Build 280618

BUSHY8996 ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2006 at 3:35 PM · edited Sun, 24 December 2023 at 7:55 AM

Hi

I brought Vue 5 Infinite from ebay - looked like the real thing & wasn't that cheap. However it turned out to be a copy or someing as I am unable to register thre software. the person that Ipurchased it from has since unregistered from ebay therefore not alot that can be done. The problem that I have is that I am unable to get the above update - can anyone help???

If not Iwill have to look at purchasing VUE 5 instead as cannot aford VUE 5 Infinite side grade from Vue Esprit - since it looks like I've already been ripped off. If I have to go down that route is the upgrade worth it? & as I already have Mover 4 - can I get the upgrade at no extra cost like you do with the Vue upgrade? It would be a shame if Ihave to go down this route as I was just getting into Vue 5 Infinite.

Many thanks & I hope someone can help with this - happy to give my email address if needed.

John

gillbrooks ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2006 at 4:54 PM

It's a hard way to learn but the lesson here is NEVER buy any software from EBAY - 99.9% of it is warez

Gill

BUSHY8996 ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2006 at 4:59 PM

True....

garyandcatherine ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2006 at 5:52 PM

John I am soo sorry to hear of your loss.  I do however appreciate you posting this hard learned lesson in hopes of others not getting ripped off.  If you want to compare V5 with V5I the best ways to do so is to look at the art here at Rosity or perhaps better, go to Vues website and compare the features there.  The one HUGE thing that is incomparable is the ecosystems that Infinite has.  If you aren't into doing landscapes now or the future than V5pro might be the way to go.  Either way, do your homework on their site and see what best fits your needs and also offers the ability for you to expand your artwork in the future.  Buying V5I is a HUGE it to the checkbook, but if you are getting into 3d art and hope to expand, it is always better to buy something you can grow and expand into as your interests diversify and your talents increase.  Good luck

G&C

Veritas777 ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2006 at 6:54 PM

"The problem that I have is that I am unable to get the above update - can anyone help???"

You have to be careful about asking that particular question- as it becomes very close, if not over the line of the TOS here- meaning soliciting for software for something that isn't a legal, registered copy of Vue. It is really unfortunate that you were ripped off, but no one here can help you get an update to software that is not legitimate copy- as it would then make them equal party to a warez transaction.

Plus- E-on has "ways" of making illegal software extra buggy and crashing a lot. You would be a lot better off with a legal copy so you can get the support you need...

BUSHY8996 ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2006 at 8:46 AM

Thanks  & V777's right - it the 1st & last time I by any software other than from a retailed seller. And Ithink V's right when he said "Plus- E-on has "ways" of making illegal software extra buggy and crashing a lot." As that does seem to happen - therefore I guess the best thing to do is throw the CD's & look to purchase from E-on.

I already have Mover 4 - can I get the upgrade at no extra cost like you do with the Vue upgrade?

Lesson learnt - the HARD way!!

Thanks for all your input.

John

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.