Sat, Sep 7, 8:58 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 7:13 am)

Subject: Question on remapped characters?

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 11:49 PM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 3:42 PM

file_339644.jpg

I've decided to use UVMapper to reassign the EyeBrows and UpperEyebrows materials, then saved the models as different objects. I then edited the original cr2s to delete the UpperEyebrows material and changed the eyebrows material so it is now transparent. This was done for V2, PS Vicki and PT Vicki so that their eyebrows are now set up the same as V3(basically I assigned the original eyebrow area to the SkinHead material and then assigned the UpperEyebrows area to the EyeBrows material then saved as a different obj file). My question is what would be the best route after doing this. Would I be able to reload the new objects and export the .uvs and then load the original objects and apply the new uvs. Or would I have to use Objaction mover to encode the new objects in order to distribute them as freebies. I'm kinda new to this and I don't want to cause any troubles when distributing them. Any input on this would be appreciated. I basically did this to make it easier to use the RealSkin Shader by faceoff with V2 and PS Vicki also PT Vicki without any problems around the uppereyebrow area. Image shows all three figures with texture from  and of course faceoffs RealSkin Shader.

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Tue, 25 April 2006 at 12:56 AM

Let me rephrase the rather long and drawn out explination. I've decided that a better route would be to load the new objects into UVMapper and export the new uvs. I can then offer them in zip form along with steps to use them to create alternate V2, PS Vicki or PT Vicki objects and how to edit the original cr2s to point to the new objects and alterring the materials settings. Now then would this be possible without causing any problems as long as I include the following statement in the readme? " All previous agreements with DAZ reguarding the Victoria 2 character and the Millennium Girls characters must be followed. The same applies for any new characters created using this method." Again any feedback on this would be very helpfull.

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 25 April 2006 at 1:41 AM
xantor ( ) posted Tue, 25 April 2006 at 11:49 AM

It is probably ok but if I was doing this, I would just go and ask daz to be sure.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.