Sun, Sep 22, 9:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: are there any tutorials that are a begining to end on how to make a figure in po

Alextron115 ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2006 at 3:02 PM · edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 10:50 PM

i need a tut that tells you how to load a figure pose it and cloth it.

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2006 at 3:28 PM

Attached Link: http://trekkiegrrrl.dk/tut1.htm

This is for Poser 5, but it works the same in Poser 6 :)

As for posing,  start with premade poses until you get used to how the joints and body looks with the poses, and then tweak them a little to move an arm or leg or shoulder etc.  Get used to how the figure works and moves.

However, here is a link to the guru of posing:

http://www.schlabber.org/html/tut00.htm

He also has dozens of premade poses you can download for free.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2006 at 3:33 PM

It's really easy, honest. 

Follow me...

Assume Poser 4 and the default figures.  The same things apply to any other figures but I'll come back to those later.

Go to the Figures menu at the right of your screen.

Open the folder with human figures and pick P4 Nude Woman.  This model is also known as Posette and Posy.

Double click on the figure.  This loads the model into the scene.

Go back to the Figures menu and click on the Up arrow at the top of the list. 

Now, find the folder which says "Clothing" or "Clothes"

Choose the item you want the model to wear and click on the double check marks at the bottom of the list. 

When the clothing has loaded, go to the "Figure" menu at the top of the screen and select "Conform to..."  this will bring up a list of available figures.  In this case, you should select "Figure 1"

That's about it.  If anything is not clear, please reply to this thread.  We will guide you through it.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2006 at 3:35 PM

Other figures...

They may be in different folders but the same principles apply.  Remember that clothing is generally specific to the model, so V3 clothes will work only on V3, Posette clothes will work only on Posette.  There are exceptions but that's too much to worry about for now.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.