Tue, Oct 22, 6:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Do I have to load all head and body morphs?

aslaksen ( ) posted Sat, 20 May 2006 at 9:08 PM · edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 6:41 AM

Hi everybody,

I'm a newbie who's still trying to find my way around.

1. I've bought many characters who say that they require the head and body morphs for the base figure. Does that mean that I have to manually load all of them using the inject all poses, or does it mean that the inj files that come with the character will go looking for those inj morphs on my hard disk and load the required ones?

2. If inj files don't require me to load all morphs, is there any situation I actually would want to load all, other than once to just see what morphs are available?

3. Is there any annotated list of the DAZ head and body morhps? Some of the names are a bit cryptic.

4. The DAZ h&B morphs all clog up the beginning of my pose folder with ther ! names, and I understand that I must leave them there, so that other injection files can find them. I put all my downloaded content into Poser 6Downloadsruntime, and I believe that other inj files in that runtime should have no problem finding the DAZ files. However, I also bought 'Ultimate Head Morphs for mIKI1020' and 'Ultimate Body Morphs for Miki'. Their instructions tell me to install them in the default runtime. Will files in my downloads runtime find morphs in the default runtime?

5. By the way, is Miki1020 the same as Miki?

6. Is it correct to say that inj files load the morp channels and set the values while mor files set values for morphs that have already been loaded?

Thanks!

Helmer

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 20 May 2006 at 10:36 PM
  1. You don't have to load them all.  The supplied INJ pose with the character you are using will find them and load the correct ones.

2. Probably the only time you would need to inject them all is when you're creating your own characters.  I keep a fully loaded set of characters for this purpose.

3. No idea.  Probably.

4. Create a subfolder and put all your other pose stuff in there.  That's what I did, anyhow.  Don't know about finding stuff in other Runtimes.  I think it may have some trouble.  I have a full set of INJ/REM poses in all my Runtimes.

5. Yes, AFAIK, they are one and the same.

6. Not quite, as I understand it.  The morph channels are already present in the characters which support INJ, in the form of empty "slots".

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

aslaksen ( ) posted Sat, 20 May 2006 at 11:13 PM

Hi SamTherapy,

Thanks a lot! Very helpful.

I was dreading having to deal with huge files and endless lists of dials.

Helmer

aslaksen ( ) posted Sun, 21 May 2006 at 5:14 AM

Hi,

Just a follow up.

I've looked a bit more closely at some INJ files, and I now understand that the INJ PZ2 files include readscript's with paths for the morphs, so I guess that answers part of my question.

However, I also looked at some FC2 files, and they seemed to just set the values of dials and not inject anything. There were only lines of the form

targetGeom Asian1
            {
            keys
                {
                k  0  0
                }
            }

In that case, so I either have to look through the FC2 file and make sure I manually inject all the required INJ PZ2 files, or do a INJ ALL?

Thanks!

Helmer

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.