Thu, Sep 19, 5:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: Conforming clothes?

LuLeLuna ( ) posted Fri, 14 July 2006 at 5:10 AM · edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 7:37 AM

Hello..I have made a couple of clothing items in 3ds max6,but I have no idea how to make them conformin clothes in poser.Any tutorials on how to do that arround...anywhere?

~Mona

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 15 July 2006 at 8:33 AM

Hi, I've never made a clothing really, but philC has clothing creator which tells you how to make a clothing then make it conform. I think you have to group the clothing with hip and buttock etc to match the names in the figure, then you have to apply a skeleton to the figure to make it bendy. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

nomuse ( ) posted Sat, 15 July 2006 at 6:10 PM

Yes. There are many tutorials out there, as well as a few software packages (and some functions in Poser itself) that will do a fairly okay job. The basics are thus: A conforming item must FIT; the object file needs to be exactly on top of the base object of the figure you are conforming to. When you create a figure in the Poser workspace, the figure will be offset in various ways. Your clothing will only work right if it starts from exactly the same position as the figure did -- NOT offset. The conforming item must have body part names that match those of the figure it is conforming to. It does not need all the parts (a pair of pants does not need hands, for instance). The conforming item needs a cr2 that contains the same joint centers and roughly the same joint parameters as the figure it will conform to. In short...if I have a conforming choker for V3, if I import the object file to my choker and the object file for V3 the two must fit without any further adjustment. I need to have an object group "neck" (or maybe "upperNeck") in my object file. And I need to have a copy of V3's bones, from head down to hip.

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 15 July 2006 at 6:31 PM

what if the clothing is to be used commercially - then he can't copy V3 bones can he? Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

nomuse ( ) posted Sat, 15 July 2006 at 7:08 PM

That's a matter that's still open to some debate. My understanding is that DAZ has specifically created their "distributable" cr2's for use by clothing creators. These are in essentials stripped cr2's; they contain no morph channels, and none of the ERC tricks of the JCMs (or FBMs). My own feeling is that if there is a potential copyright violation, it lies in the joint parameters themselves, NOT in the method used to derive them. Therefor it matters not if you copy the cr2 in a text editor, borrow the bones via Poser's Setup Room, or laboriously re-create the joint params by opening every body part of V3 and hand-entering the same values into the conformer. After all, it is illegal to sell a copy of a CD -- it does not matter if you did a digital copy, transferred through tape, or stuck a mic in a neighbor's window while they listened to the album. The data would be the thing, not the method. I believe that DAZ does not view the creation of conforming clothing items as a violation of their copyright, at least at the current time. Since, indeed, it would be impossible to get an item of clothing to conform properly without it containing a copy of V3's joint centers, the lack of prosecution by DAZ of any conforming items for V3 seems to me to amount to a tacit agreement that this is to be permitted. What the official stance is, I am at present ignorant. In any case, this is a matter for the Copyright Forum, not here.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.