Thu, Sep 5, 8:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: apologize

rocserum ( ) posted Mon, 07 August 2006 at 4:18 PM · edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 5:27 AM

Thanks for your support, but something strange happened. Saturday I've posted my 2999 image, today there counting 1300???? Nevertheless, I am still happy with this community, your very inspiring! Cornelis

REPOST.
My first year I did post 3 images a day.1300 looks to me correct . I am still wondering how 2999 can be explained. Maybe the same hickup with this whats down beneath my gallery:
 The image with the most views is "red cyclone" with 1609 views?
On one day with more than 150 views on tree images.

I hope our moderator can explane? I feel a bit wretched about it.
I've chanced my thumbnail,  stay coming, sorry for this misunderstanding, Cornelis

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2006 at 12:06 PM

Hi rocserum

I'm not sure I know what you are asking here, I'm sorry. Can you explain a little more so that I can try and help you?

Thanks

rocserum ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2006 at 6:39 PM

Hi Stacey
Its a matter of counting. On the 5th of august I've posted  2999 images. Thats what the info told me.
So I tought number 3000 on sunday and suddenly the info gives number 1300?
Recounting  my postings it could'nt 3000 after all, nevertheless it was a bit confusing for me. thats why I refer on the weird counting of views Rendo gives on October 30th 2003:

Details

Uploaded: October 30, 2003

Statistics

Views: 1610?
Views today: 0
Full-size Views: 1598
Comments: 6
Favorites: 0
Ratings: 3
I am sorry if my writing was'nt clear enough, I hope its a bit better now to understand.
I just tryed to understand this strange numbers, I think its a slip of some bits and bites. Nevertheless, I am a very happy member of this community, and enjoy the possibilities here.
Cornelis

tresamie ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2006 at 11:28 PM

I remember the October 30th 2003 problem!  Every single image uploaded on the entire site showed over 1500 hits...some over 9000, within minutes of being uploaded.  We especially noticed it in Fractals where getting 50-100 views is a lot!  The programmers couldnt recover the correct stats, so they just subtracted some arbitrary number from all the images, but it completely skewed the 'most viewed' stats for Fractals and had lots of people in a tizzy.  It never got resolved, but many fractalists, mindful of fair play, deleted those images with high counts.  Lots of fractalists never knew about it.

I hope that helps about that problem.

~Viv

Fractals will always amaze me!

rocserum ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2006 at 8:32 AM

Hi Vivian,
well, thats an answer I can understand. thank you for it.  I see what I  can do to chance the postings who gets these undeserved high views. Why 2999 was given that Saturday is'nt important enymore. A big smile and greetings from the Netherlands, see you at Rendo! Cornelis

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.