Tue, Oct 22, 5:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:28 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Art Charts again.

Lampy ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2006 at 11:35 AM · edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 1:52 AM

I was looking at the "Art Charts" and noticed that there are 2 areas for fame and aclaim. These being, Favourite image, Favourite Artist and Most Credited Merchants. The latter chategory is for how many times that merchants name gets mentioned. Now I'm not sure what that has to do with art but, if the PTB are going to include this, would it not be fair to have a "Most Credited Freestuff provider" as well? After all, according to the old timers around here, Freestuff is what this site was built on.

svdl ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2006 at 11:52 AM

Alas, can't be done. There is currently no way to collect data about freestuff credits. There is no way to credit someone who is not a merchant here.

Some merchants also produce freebies, and those can be credited using the controls in the gallery upload page. But ONLY renderosity merchants will get credited. Off-site merchants and non-commercial freebie providers are left out in the cold.

You're right about freestuff being extremely important. I've bought quite a bit of content over the years, but still over half of my 3D object/texture library consists of freebies.

If freebie credits were possible, and freebie credit data were collected, I'm fairly certain that Kozaburo would be #1 on the combined list of freebies and commercial items.!

Ah, but there's no money to be made from freebie providers. So I would be VERY surprised if the PTB made it possible to credit them. It has been asked before, maybe dozens of times.

The only thing we have is the Freebie Provider of the month - sometimes. There hasn't been one since mysticnights, in May AFAIK.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

vince3 ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2006 at 2:59 PM

you would be up there too svdl, you and your dynamics, i love 'em, they are classics!!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.