Sun, Oct 6, 5:05 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Question about DAZ Bryce 5.5 and Studio

tom271 ( ) posted Thu, 14 September 2006 at 5:23 PM · edited Tue, 23 July 2024 at 2:15 AM

If I import an OBJ file into Bryce 5.5, work on it for a bit and then click on the studio tab, should I be seeing the OBJ file in Studio as well...?   cause I'm not seeing it....    I have imported an OBJ file into Studio then go into Bryce and the OBJ does go into it....

Could someone just explain what exactly am I suppose to expect..... between Bryce 5.5 and Studio?  should I use another file form?

can Poser 5 interconnect somewhere in here?

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Starship_Yard ( ) posted Thu, 14 September 2006 at 7:45 PM

The Studio / Bryce interface is from Studio to Bryce.  Start Bryce, and then click on the blue D|S button to go into DAZ Studio.  Then load whatever you want (though it takes some experimenting as larger scenes with multiple items sometimes get very difficult to import) into Studio and then click the Bryce button or exit Studio to transfer the items into Bryce.

I'll start up Bryce and build up some terrain or scene.  Then I'll open D|S through the link button (blue button).  In DAZ Studio I'll open a previously saved scene or build up a scene (figures, props, etc.), set the poses, etc. the way I want them and then return to Bryce (exit D|S or hit the Bryce button).  Bryce will now import the Studio items converting them into a Bryce item.  Once the items are in Bryce you can use Bryce's tools to move them around and rescale them, etc.

Be careful with the size.  I find I can usually do a vehicle plus a couple of figures, but much more than that and I'll crash Bryce during the transfer.  Once the items are in Bryce, you can break their link to D|S which will allow you to go back into DAZ Studio and bring more things in.  In the following scene, I was able to build and texture all 5 jets in D|S and then pull them through the D|S Link into Bryce to render.  The jets were built from Davorama FVCS and each has 5-6 different texture maps (times 3 schemes) so it is a fairly complex transfer.  As long as I did the transfer using a new session of Windows (ala just rebooted) with Bryce all that I loaded, it went very smoothly.  If I'd been in and out of a lot of other programs and hadn't rebooted for several days there was an 80-90% chance Bryce would crash during the transfer.

Brett

http://excalibur.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1290296

I don't believe it's currently possible to bring an object directly into Bryce and then send it to D|S.

tom271 ( ) posted Thu, 14 September 2006 at 10:35 PM

file_354180.jpg

Thanks you.....

You mean Studio has the first shot... then I can imported into Bryce.....  okay... 
thank you for letting me know about the size of objects.... 
Yea, but what do I do if I need to tweek a fiqure some more already in Bryce...?  do I have to import anew all over again into Studio..?  just to move a finger...?

It would be nice if in Bryce 6,  import would be the other way also......

by the way,,,  I don't have a clickable button in Studio... I have:  file > back to bryce...
 here is what I was doing.... I neede to fix the fiqures some more
Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Starship_Yard ( ) posted Thu, 14 September 2006 at 10:45 PM

I have been able to go back to Studio from Bryce a couple of times.  But I find it is really sensitive.  If you haven't broken the links to Studio then you should be able to go back into Studio and make the changes.

Hopefully someone else will chime in as I haven't tried a lot due to the fact I had Bryce crashing frequently for a bit.  Seems much more stable now after some other tweaks (change in video card, etc.).

Brett

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 4:00 AM · edited Fri, 15 September 2006 at 4:04 AM

It's all Studio to Bryce, you cannot take anything from Bryce to Studio. Swaping content from Bryce to Studio will not be in Bryce 6, sorry. (Not in the way that is being discussed here, anyway)

but what do I do if I need to tweek a fiqure some more already in Bryce

-Just hit the big "Studio" button in Bryce to bring Studio back up, tweak the figure, and click the "To return to Bryce click" button. You will be sent back to Bryce and your figure will update inside of Bryce, that's it.  (whether you are re-posing the figure, or changing the textures, etc, etc)

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

tom271 ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 2:56 PM

Thanks you for clearing that up.....     I'm new at using Studio or Poser

also there is no way to import an OBJ file into Bryce, put texture on it and save it as an OBJ file again....

serendigity59@gmail.com ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 8:09 PM

Hi Tom,

It is easy to import an OBJ file add a texture and save as an OBP file...  I believe that Bryce 6 may have the ability to export to OBJ, it would be nice.

Bea ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 11:34 PM

If you want your figure to come back into Bryce at the same position and size that it was before you moved from Bryce to DAZ Studio the click on the object and make sure you click on copy matrix on the menu at the top of the page and then paste matrix once you get back into Bryce.

tom271 ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 11:57 PM

Bryce has a "paste Matrix" function... or you mean just use the paste function in Bryce...

I'll find out,, I;ll experiment....  Also.. when you bring an OBJ file into D/S and move it  OR  resize it.. OR what ever.....   you see a big grey box,,,,, when you stop the model is seen again..... 
There has been times that the grey box did go away and stayed ,,,,,,  I had to start all over again....
is there something I'm doing wrong.....

AgentSmith ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2006 at 7:01 AM

I believe that Bryce 6 may have the ability to export to OBJ

In Bryce 6 you will be able to take booleaned groups, that are made out regular meshes (NOT Terrains/Lattices/Trees), and you can "collapse" that boolean group, and export that new mesh out for use in other programs.

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2006 at 8:57 AM

But you can already export terrains and latices - can't you, so it's only trees we won't be able to export when (finally) Bryce 6 arrives.

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

AgentSmith ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2006 at 6:48 PM

But you can already export terrains and latices - can't you

Yup, but I don't want anyone to get confused with B6 - Just like all the other versions of Bryce, Bryce 6 will not be able to combine Terrains and other meshes into one exportable mesh.

Bryce 6 will be able to combine all its primtives and/or imported meshes together, and "collapse" that down.

"Collapse" is the term being used for Bryce 6 being able to take the positive/negative/intersected meshes and make a "true" booleaned object. (a new mesh)

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Thu, 21 September 2006 at 2:24 PM

Oh I see what you mean, yes.

I didn't mean you could boolean a terrain... pity really, think of the rabbit holes you could make if you could....

(eyes glaze over at the thought)

by the shade it casts.

Fran's Freestuff

serendigity59@gmail.com ( ) posted Thu, 21 September 2006 at 4:51 PM

file_354727.jpg

I've never had a problem punching holes through terrains....  Just making the terrain positive, whatever else negative, and grouping...  Rabbit holes are easy, just not able to be exported...   ;-)

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Sat, 23 September 2006 at 12:44 PM

Ah, I see.

by the shade it casts.

Fran's Freestuff

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.