Sun, Oct 6, 4:56 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: help! material room advice needed

kobaltkween ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 11:11 PM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 5:28 PM

i'm trying to make a low lying fog that ends in turbulence with materials.  basically, i'm trying to use a p-node setup similar to ajax's low-lying slime on the atmosphere.  it's not turning out well.  can anyone give me advice on how to make a low ground fog in the material room?

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 16 September 2006 at 12:50 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2502535

Check that thread for some ideas on fog.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

vince3 ( ) posted Sat, 16 September 2006 at 12:54 AM

why would anyone want a low flying frog?

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 16 September 2006 at 12:58 AM

Quote - why would anyone want a low flying frog?

The OP said "lying" not "flying"  ;)

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

vince3 ( ) posted Sat, 16 September 2006 at 1:46 AM · edited Sat, 16 September 2006 at 1:50 AM

Attached Link: help had arrived...

nevermind.

there is a prop in freebies here(sorry i forget who by), that is like a square but curved,so front on it looks square, but side on it looks curved. this prop can be used to make "low lying fog", it is a great prop as you can adjust the transparency to suit you needs,place it in front of your scene, and/or character.

here is link to a picture i did using it.

vince3 ( ) posted Sat, 16 September 2006 at 2:12 AM · edited Sat, 16 September 2006 at 2:13 AM

Attached Link: fog prop by coleus

might be this one!!

from http://poser.webz.cz

thefixer ( ) posted Sat, 16 September 2006 at 4:05 AM

Jepes SteamZ over at DAZ has some brilliant fog type efects in it!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Sat, 16 September 2006 at 1:18 PM

thanks so much for all of your replies.  though now i'm thinking about pictures that use a low flying frog.  :D   no, i didn't want a prop.  actually,  i have particles, so if i wanted unchanging texture driven fog, that's what i'd use.   i really want to  have pure material room fog, where i can change the turbulence and such without having to make a new texture.   i'm making some progress on my own, but it's still too harsh. 

vince3 ( ) posted Sat, 16 September 2006 at 6:12 PM

you didn't mention you wanted it for animating!! i would guess though that with what you have learnt yourself with nodes, you may be able to apply that to the props links you have been given, my link was a freebie, so you could try it with that first and see if you learn anything new,then maybe apply the same technique to fixers link. just a thought though!!

vince3 ( ) posted Sun, 17 September 2006 at 5:27 AM

sorry i forgot to say, that to use it for animating, you could adjust the settings of your nodes, that you could attach to the prop!! and at keyframe positions, you could adjust the node settings again and so on throughout your anim, might work anyway,

other than that i would think the only way to simulate an animated fog, would be to adjust the atmosphere settings(dust and fog nodes) throughout the anim, but this way would need more work with lighting adjustment also.for atmos and volumetric lighting to work you sort of need a wall or equivelant at the back of the scene.adjustment to atmos and volumetrics throughout the anim should give the illusion of fog or smoke movement.

diolma ( ) posted Sun, 17 September 2006 at 2:41 PM · edited Sun, 17 September 2006 at 2:42 PM

Naah. To stimulate an animated flying frog you need to give it wings and an eletcrical tickle from a cattle prod..:-))

Cheers,
Diolma

nghayward ( ) posted Sun, 17 September 2006 at 2:55 PM

file_354400.jpg

I used cloud rather than turbulance node here. but is this what you mean.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Sun, 17 September 2006 at 3:00 PM

basically, yes!  i've been working on my own, which used the turbulence and p-node together (i want the edge of the fog to be noisy too), but this is simpler.  the big problem i've been having is previewing.  that is, adjusting the hardness and location of the edge was difficult.  using the setup on a primitive helped me.  i'll be saving yours as well.  thanks so much, nghayward!

kobaltkween ( ) posted Sun, 17 September 2006 at 3:24 PM · edited Sun, 17 September 2006 at 3:25 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_354403.png

my results...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.