Fri, Sep 20, 5:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Any idea about new features in next version?

Obi Van ( ) posted Thu, 05 April 2001 at 11:25 PM ยท edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 11:30 AM

Hi, I am just very curious. Have any of you any information about what new things will be included in version 4...whenever it will be shipped? ...The Vue newsletter on the homepage seems not to have been updated for a whole year! Since I still dont have Vue I have not signed up to their mailing-list...maybe you have got more info that way? Enjoy Your Day Ole

smallspace ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2001 at 12:03 AM

The only thing I've heard is that it will have unlimited transparency capabilities for non-reflective surfaces. This means you can start using thousands of "Flipboard" plants in the background to create forests and the like. Outside of that, I'm pretty much in the dark. Mike? Gebe? Anyone? -SMT

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!

MikeJ ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2001 at 4:37 AM

They're staying very hush-hush about Vue 4. I'm aware of a few people who are beta testing it right now, and have been doing so for at least a month, but nobody's talking. Speculation and rumors have it at becoming available anywhere between sometime in April and the end of Summer. I actually even went so far as to email Lynn Fredricks and ask him about it, but he's not talking either. That I can understand, because the announcement that the new version is about to come out could effectively hurt new sales of Vue 3.1. Oh well, I've tried; I gues we just have to wait and see, but I'm ready for it! If they fix nothing else other than the Blue Gunk, I'll be happy. Well, that and the way that Vue likes to screw around with the materials in the material summary box. And I'm hoping Vue 4 has a whole slew of new types of plants.

gebe ( ) posted Sat, 07 April 2001 at 4:26 AM

I never have a blue gunk in creating planes or other things. If you follow the same settings I describe in my tutorial "how to make disapear the trunks of your trees", you have no gunks, even not on planes :-) http://www.multimania.com/arte/tutorials/trunk.html Guitta

gebe ( ) posted Sat, 07 April 2001 at 4:33 AM

I forgot to say, in some situations (planes), you have to make white the two murky colors :-)in the material editor. It depends very much what you are doing. Just try. Guitta

MikeJ ( ) posted Sat, 07 April 2001 at 4:54 AM

Wow Guitta, I forgot all about that, but now I remember-- thanks for reminding me!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.