Sun, Oct 6, 5:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: ExportObjforRhino. help

tom271 ( ) posted Sun, 08 October 2006 at 11:16 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 8:36 AM

Does anyone know why the Poser 6 ExportObject for Rhino exe dowload file tells me it can not find Poser 6 even after I point the installer to the right folder.....   Is there something I don't know....

Tom

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UVDan ( ) posted Mon, 09 October 2006 at 11:39 AM
Forum Moderator

I have Poser 6 and Rhino 3 and I am totally confused.  Is there a special plug in to export Rhino files out of Poser?  Please give more information.  Rhino 3 will import obj files exported by poser and will export obj files to Poser.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

tom271 ( ) posted Mon, 09 October 2006 at 1:16 PM

@ UVDan:  yes.. Poser has as part of their updates  a ExportObject for Rhino exe for Poser 6..  go look in the update location...  I just can't make it run.... or load into Poser...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bopperthijs ( ) posted Mon, 09 October 2006 at 3:09 PM · edited Mon, 09 October 2006 at 3:17 PM

It's a python-plugin which actually exports the poserscene as a wavefront-obj-file but converts it to the rhino-coördinate-system,it also copy all the textures as Jpg-files so you can render it in flamingo or any other rhino-renderer. It doesn't exports as a rhino- .3dm file and the geometry is still in mesh-surface format instead of nurbs-surfaces.

I'm sorry but I don't why the installer doesn't find the right path, I didn't have any problems, but my poser 6 is installed in the default directory.

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

tom271 ( ) posted Mon, 09 October 2006 at 3:15 PM

Thanks Bopperthijs...  I'm now clear as to what it does but my problem is still how to install it...

As I said it keeps tell me it can not find Poser6...  even after I point it in the right folder....

UVDan ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 9:05 AM
Forum Moderator

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you.  I have had a water heater tank out and had a closet full of mold and mildew to clean up and a new water heater to install.  I can  HIGHLY recommend Damp Rid's mold and mildew remover.  One day the closet was smelling like mold and mildew and the next it was smelling like a hospital.  WOW!!  It took some paint off the walls, but I can live with that.

I will mosey on over to E Frontier, or Content Paradise and see if I cannot find the plug in and find out how to work it.

tom271 ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 2:04 PM

solve this problem and I will buy a gallon of Damp Rid's mold and mildew remover... 

stewer ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 2:44 PM

Did you update Poser 6 to SR3? It might be that the installer is checking for the version of your Poser.exe.

tom271 ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 4:11 PM

Yes I did update it to SR3...   The install still does not see the Poser 6.....

I have it under program files > Curious labs > Poser 6

UVDan ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 4:26 PM
Forum Moderator

I took me a long while to get the download on dialup.  Then I got the same error Tom did so I spent another long while getting the SR3 updater, then the plugin finally installed.  Tom I can only suggest restarting your machine after updating and see if that helps.  It worked for me.

tom271 ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 4:34 PM

I already install the SR3 and re-booted and it still does not want to install.. I guess I'll have to go to e-Fronteer for advice......    There is something that the SR3 is not installing on my rig that the install needs to find........

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.