Sun, Oct 6, 5:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Problem with a Daz environmental scene in Bryce6

tom271 ( ) posted Sun, 29 October 2006 at 6:48 PM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 3:28 AM

file_358041.jpg

I just downloaded an environmental WoodlandRealm put it into Poser 6 and Studio...  In Studio it looks great but when imported into Bryce 6, One 2D plane is not working right...  see pic.   It looks Black..

I tries to change the vegetation image on it to see if that was it and no...   It seems to be the plane it self...   Does it happen to anyone else on these evironmental packs...  How could a 2d plane go wrong..:(      I could erase it...

Thank you

Tom

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Sun, 29 October 2006 at 7:02 PM

Bryce doesn't handle transparencies well when bringing them in from another program.  If you can identify the objects, you can apply the transparencies in the Deep Terrain Editor.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

tom271 ( ) posted Sun, 29 October 2006 at 10:06 PM

and how do you my fair weather friend, do that?    :-) 

Is this deep terrain editor the one you see when handling those big terrains / mountains...?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Sun, 29 October 2006 at 11:22 PM

file_358058.jpg

The deep terrain editor is what you find when you're in the material lab (when you click on the "M" in the little column beside your object). 

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Sun, 29 October 2006 at 11:27 PM

file_358059.jpg

From there, you click on the little "P" at the bottom of the window in the upper right hand to get to the picture editor. 

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Sun, 29 October 2006 at 11:28 PM

file_358060.jpg

When you're in the picture editor, you load the image texture in the first window, the transparency map in the second and what you see in the third will be your result.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

tom271 ( ) posted Sun, 29 October 2006 at 11:42 PM

okay thank you,      I been here many times to get my textures..  Just was not clear about the Transparency image window thing...

Now, if the image for that plant does not come with a "separate" transparency image...  then I'll be in trouble...  ;)  I guess I have to go looking for it right?   I'll look to see what the other "working " images are doing.... and go from there...

Much thanks...

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Sun, 29 October 2006 at 11:57 PM · edited Sun, 29 October 2006 at 11:58 PM

You should find the transparency maps in the same folder as the textures so take a look.  The illustration I used was one of the DAZ Environment elements that are used in the Woodland Realms Playsets.

And if it doesn't, you can always do an alpha channel (which is just a black and white image).

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.