Sun, Oct 6, 5:09 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Yay! I've been Trolled!

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 8:18 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 5:06 AM

Yep, I've recieved my first Troll comment in my gallery.  I've always figured that this was a true sign of popularity and noteriety.

The drive by trolling was done by Bunny602 on my "Let's Be Friends" picture.

Since Bunny, does not have any fine works in his/her (let's pretend it's a his) gallery, and he has never posted anything in the Forums (let's pretend he's called that because he wears pink bunny slippers) and since Bunny is a new member (with his pink bunny suit), I can only guess that my reputation has attracted him (which has a fluffy white tail) to Renderosity, just so he (did I mention he's over 45?) could grace me with his intellectual wisdom (and he hasn't bathed in a about six months).

Let's analyse the wisdom and wit of Bunny602's posting, shall we?

"excellent? superb? most excellent? extremely well done? super? you gotta be kidding right? Helen Keller could do better work than this ....I guess you people put kindness over reality ..."

Okay, the first thing we can tell is that Mr. Bunny has a hatred for capitalization.  This can only lead me to conclude that he also hates captialism (hey, it's a valid leap of logic!)  I suspect this is due to his trouble finding his dream job in corporate America due to his inclination to wear pink bunny suites to job interviews.  Hey, I'm not here to judge, I'm just telling it like I see it.

I can also see that Mr. Bunny asks a lot of questions.  This is a good thing.  I understand it leads to answers, learning and knowledge.  I can only congratulate Mr. Bunny on his continuing quest for knowledge.

Next is the interesting part.  He is a big fan of Helen Keller's poser art.  Which is great.  I think she has a lot more roadblocks then I do when it comes to working with 3D applications, so I really would have to agree that she could do a lot better then me.  My only question is, didn't she die before Poser came out?  Well, what do I know?

The final part of Mr. Bunny's statement is perhaps the saddest.  Poor Mr. Bunny has not had the glory of kind interactions with like minded folks.  He has actually grown to hate anything that might be interpreted as kindness.  No, instead he prefers "reality".  Hard, factual things like... well... bunny suits?

No, I'm glad Bunny602 dropped by to share his words of wisdom with me.

Has anyone else here been visited by Mr. Bunny?  I'd really like to hear some more about his comments along with your analyses, so we can get a more complete picture of this interesting man.

Cheers!

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 8:24 AM

You know the sucky thing, you just made his day by posting this.

My Freebies

Klutz ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 8:46 AM

Aye, I suppose that is what they get their jollies out of....

Upsetting others and provoking a response! 

Klutz :0/

********************************************************************************************************************

Life is a beta.

In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

billy423uk ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 8:50 AM

why bother. i left a comment on your pic btw, nothing personal just an honest opinion.

you know bunny boy is a troll so why feed him. it'll urk him more to see he didn't get a rise out of you

billy

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 8:51 AM

Yeah, that thought crossed my mind, but it really is my first drive by trolling.  Oh well, maybe my humour has been missed.

Still, I think Mr. Bunny needs some love.

billy423uk ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 8:55 AM

don't we all lmao

billy

Casette ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 8:57 AM

Ignore him/her. It's the worst thing for a Troll  ;)

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 9:04 AM

Don't worry Billy, your comment was just fine.  I encourage constructive criticism, it helps me grow as an artist.  I work in the film and television industry and I've had great producers teach me through wonderful criticisms and I've had egotistical producers say things to me that even Bunny wouldn't believe!

Your comments, btw, were all spot on and exactly along what I was thinking.  The pictue was more of an "out of the box" comparison of V4 and Sydney and I didn't want to mess with their presets.  Other then lighting and posing it, I can't take credit for the textures (well, I did change the couch's default texture, but who would notice? lol)

You did mention the ear hair, and that was something that really struck me too after I was done rendering.  I'm amazed that off the shelf there would be such a blatant oddity like that.  I never checked the morphs on that hair, maybe there is a way to dial it down.  Or, maybe it was made for elf renders.  Really weird though.

Anyway, thanks for your comments, they were truly appreciated.  Nothing to worry about.

billy423uk ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 9:12 AM

thanks for accepting them in the spirit they were given

billy

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 9:18 AM

I liked your pic's composition and the configuration of the models just fine, I got your message on that point and I thought it was charming, just that the shadows bugged me.  It's only the respect that I have for you and your skill that brings me to make that comment, because the great majority of renders out there are not something that moves me to actually put something down about there.

My Freebies

Bobasaur ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 9:22 AM

"I guess you people put kindness over reality ..." Not to troll your analysis, but you missed one thing. Note that he says "you people?" This strongly suggests that Bunny is not one of us humans. I strongly suggest that you get ahold of the staff of the National Enquirer and let them see his post. They could clearly use this as evidence to support alien interaction with humans. Maybe Bunny comes from "youranus" (which as far as I know is still considered a foriegn planet). Enquiring minds want to know! (grin)

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 10:20 AM

Consider yourself lucky!  At  least you aren't getting strange PM's from people who have joined the same day they sent you the PM!!!!  Now that's freaky!

Or PMs from complete strangers asking you to be their "friend."

I'll take a trolling gallery entry over those any day!!! 

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 10:38 AM

LOL! Hey Acadia! Will yo be my friend? NARF!

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 10:53 AM

Holy Crap, Bobasaur, your right!  I completely missed that! :lol:

Pjz99, I enjoyed your comment too, I've found myself playing alot with IBL lately and though i really enjoy the look, I'm finding all my pics a bit flatter then when I never used it.  I'm glad someone pointed out the lack of shadow, as it shows I'm not completely crazy with my analysis.  Mind you, I liek to think of it as diffused cloudy day lighting, but that excuse can only go so far...

I'm not really disturbed by Mr. Spacebunny's comment I actually just thought it funny.  I really don't know why people do that, but as Bobasaur pointed out, maybe it's not people...

I have to rethink my entire analysis of Mr. Spacebunny's comment...

Oh, and Acadia, your right, that's completely weird. 

I want to point out (because I just noticed) that with this thread I've surpassed 100 comments!  (and not everything I've said was stupid..!) 

This is the most active I've ever been in anykind of online community.

Rendo's forums are some kind of weird new addiction for me... 

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 11:43 AM

acadia u r hot do u want 2 b my freind

My Freebies

kobaltkween ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 11:54 AM

grrrr!  i want links to gallery, store and (optional) website beneath people's pics.  i need to access those a lot more than i need to know how many times someone's posted. grumble, grumble, grumble.

he!  your post made my morning (soon to be afternoon).  (after navigating to your profile, then your gallery, then the latest pic, each taking typical rendo time to load....) oh, that pic!  i liked it to in the first place.  sheesh!  you know what i bet?  i bet it's a reaction to the fact that it's two naked women getting friendly.  many frown on that sort of thing (while others pay to view it in videos sold on late night tv).  that or bunny's turned commenting into a full time job, because most pics in the gallery aren't anywhere close to that quality.

nice work!  i think it's a bit low contrast, but that's also a very consistent look in the pic.  very diffused, very light, like a bright foggy or overcast day.  you might think about a similarly lit and shaded (material tweaked) pic with a different composition.  the way the light and colors look feel more serious, solitary and ethereal to me.  somehow, i feel like the subject(s) should be more isolated or separated into their own/other world.

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 12:09 PM

Cobaltdream, first, thank you.  Second, you are absolutely right!

Incidentally, the lighting was the default interior IBL AO lighting set up from Poser 7 (it's also in P6) and I thew in one infinite with a faint blue off to the right and another with a faint yellow from behind.

I usually take my pics into Photoshop and play alot with the colours, contrast and so on before finalizing them, but this one was in the spirit of "what can P7 do, what does Sydney and V4 look like".

It's actually the first time I used almost default everything.  I didn't change their faces, I didn't do any postwork, I just let it fly.

I like the way you think, though.  I'm a big believer that lighting and colour create mood, and you really pegged exactly what the light in this pic says, IMHO.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 12:33 PM

thank you!  yeah, your gallery shows a lot of variation in style, with accompanying lighting. 

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 2:00 PM

I love the way you look at this...you make me laugh....and I am very proud to know you.  Sharen

Tiari ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 3:19 PM

dies laughing  I can actually picture this guy in my head lol

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 3:25 PM · edited Fri, 15 December 2006 at 3:27 PM

Maybe he's just tetchy because his mum washed the bunny ears in with the dark colours & ruined them ;)

I see they removed his comments, I really wish they wouldn't do things like that, I don't get a chance to laugh at them when they get removed.

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

Bobasaur ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 3:42 PM

This is thread makes it obvious why I don't get trolled. I'm not good enough. Darn! (Of course if they'ed ever set up the Animation Gallery for comments - since that's where most of my stuff is - maybe I'd finally get to meet my Mr. Bunny.) Hmmm. If you press your buns against someone, would you be called the bunner and them be the bunnee?

kierab ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 3:49 PM

Darned bunny had removed trolly post, I missed it. sigh Just remember: trolls, like bears, should NEVER be fed!!!

SoCalRoberta ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 5:57 PM

I'll troll your gallery if it will make you feel better Bobasaur.
 The only problem is that your stuff is so well done that I can't think of anything bad to say about it. 
Will "TROLL CALL" work for you?

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 8:36 PM

I got trolled a few years back. I posted a less-than-stellar-praise on a pic once, and the person came back and flamed 3 of mine..;) if you need troll bait, that is..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

drifterlee ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 10:21 PM

I always ignore nasty or negative comments. Too many nice folks out there.

Elfwine ( ) posted Sat, 16 December 2006 at 2:30 AM

I think that may have been the opening salvo of the ----"Attack of the Mutant Space Bunnies!"---- ^ ^ O.O w (rendered mutant space bunny)

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!  ; )

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Sat, 16 December 2006 at 2:45 AM

It would be to hear from the Bunny itself on the matter don't you think?

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Sat, 16 December 2006 at 5:47 AM

Man, you guys are hilarious!

Now, how come did Mr. Mutant Spacebunny removed his comments?  I think that's a shame.

I hope I didn't hurt his feelings.

Well, now this thread has no relevance!

Oh well, thanks for stopping by anyway.

(Bobasaur: bunnee and bunner... comedy gold!)

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Sat, 16 December 2006 at 6:21 AM

Hey, Great news Everybody!  My art has been stolen!  Wow, I'm not part of the online community posting images for more then 5 months and already such great things are happening.  I feel like a celebrity!

Well, apparently I'm big in Russia

http://www.artfile.ru/oboi/a.php?f=764

What I really appreciate is that they took the time to give me credit.  I mean, how can I possibly complain?

I wonder if I'm getting and troll comments there.  I can't speak a lick of Russian.

Actually, upon second viewing, a lot of people might wnat to check this site out, it looks like a Renderosity mirror, it has so much Rendo stuff posted!

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 16 December 2006 at 12:14 PM

I can transliterate it (pronounce it), but don't know enough to get to the bathroom..;) I see Osiris9 and Mechanismo are already there..gotta work on my chops, I definitely feel left out..;)

Gini ( ) posted Sat, 16 December 2006 at 1:07 PM

Well, huh, yesterday I had a comment from our bunny pal too..... " Great ...if you like fat women, with tribal tattoos from Zimbabwe" was pretty close to what he wittily wrote on 'Yasmina"........ and it has now also been removed ! Guess Bunny took all his droppings with him when he crawled back under his rock.

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

drifterlee ( ) posted Sat, 16 December 2006 at 3:58 PM

I speak Russian I'll check. Congrats on the thievery. No one has ever stolen my stuff that I know of, although one guy ASKED PERMISSION to use a pic, and I told him okay. Boohooo. No one wants to steal my stuff, LOL!

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Sat, 16 December 2006 at 5:16 PM

Gini, I guess Mr. MutantSpaceBunny from UnderRockus V wasn't feeling the love.  Poor fellow.

Drifterlee, congrats on someone actually asking permission!  That's even a bit better then outright thievery!  That means they liked you stuff enough to want it and they respected you enough to ask politely!  Now, if only we can get people asking politely to buy our art!  Ah, there's the trick!

Hey Drifterlee, let us know if you find anything interesting.  It really looks to me like there is alot of Renderosity stuff there.

Again, I'm happy with the theft (not that I want to encourage that kind of stuff, because, stealing is wrong children, but I'm not going to loose money in this one isolated scenario), but I think there are a lot of people who are a lot less forgiving then me (especially people who do sell posters and such) and I think they should be alerted.

When I was a photographer, years back, the company I worked for went after internet thieves very aggressively.  In that case, it was literally money out of my pocket, so I had a lot of negative things to say about pirates.

Still, back then I only ever found my photo stolen once.  In a Yahoo Group, of course.

drifterlee ( ) posted Sat, 16 December 2006 at 9:48 PM

I went to the site and it looks like a very bad version of renderosity - Russian style. Advertising Russian "dating" and so on. The site does not appear to be selling art. My guess is someone stole it to impress their friends. Dosvidanya.

drifterlee ( ) posted Sat, 16 December 2006 at 9:50 PM

PS. I agree abour selling. How can we make money with this??????????

SoCalRoberta ( ) posted Sat, 16 December 2006 at 10:14 PM

Find a 12 year old( bribe with XBox games) to hack into your boss's computer and install a NVIATWIS. Then threaten to send his wife the link unless he gives you a raise?

Disclaimer; the above is a joke.

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 16 December 2006 at 10:27 PM

bohze moi, the govaeds..;) that's about all the Russian I know I can apply to them..;)

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Sun, 17 December 2006 at 5:28 AM

I'd date a Russian Bride, do you think she'd be impressed with my Poser art?

"Hey baby, yeah, I'm 190lbs, 5'9", but I can render a NVIATWAS like you wouldn't believe!"

"Hey младенец, yeah, я буду 190lbs, 5foot 9 дюймов, но я могу представить NVIATWAS как вы не верили бы!"

(I used Babelfish, I wonder what it looks like in translation.)

Oh well, back to hitting on the poor (yet very sexy) Japanese girls in my neighbourhood.   When did I pass from cute young guy to creepy middle aged guy?   OY!

Hey, at least they love me in Russia.

(One theft counts as love by a whole country in my book, don't burst my bubble!!!)

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Sun, 17 December 2006 at 6:36 AM

Editorial:

No matter ho much I might want to whine and complain and mock and make fun about someone who decides to stop by my picture and make fun of it, I have to stop and put thing sinto perspective.

Today a friend sent me to something of her daughter's on youtube.  Not a site I frequent.

For those of you who have avoided the horror show of you tube, this is basically an online video gallery where people can post whatever they like.

Anyway, my friend's teenage daughter and her friend had done a little 'air-band' of some songs.  They lip synced and sang along.

Like Renderosity, people can post comments.

I was appalled.  I cannot believe people say these things.

"Cute, next tme plz do without your brazzz!!!"

"take off your cloths"

"So.. are you two lesbians or what? "

".. The sleeveless lady .. My gAwwdd sOn, tell her to keep her armpits lost within her flabs somewhere, i could smell that **** from here... N' she way 2 old for this shit not to mention fat.. "

Okay, these are two teenage girls just having some fun!  Nothing crude about it.  Nothing that I as a parent wouldn't allow my children to do in public.

Mixed in with the negative remarks were comments from their friends, that were generally inside jokes and such.

I'm really shocked.  Am I too niave and old?  (I'm only 34).  Yeah, I can hear all the thoughts about think skin and so on, but these kinds of comments are unacceptable for our youth!

I don't know, this really makes me weep.  All our potential and instead it all comes down to new ways to be nasty. 

Is this the future?

Horrified... I'm horrified.

kierab ( ) posted Sun, 17 December 2006 at 7:03 AM · edited Sun, 17 December 2006 at 7:12 AM

People have always sucked, the internet just gives the anonymity to be complete jerks without recrimination or reprisals. All you can do is ye 'ol "sticks and stones" routine and ignore them. If you try to strike back you usually only encourage their meanness. I first noticed this phenomena back in 1993/94 when I used to frequent IRC. There was this one guy who called himself Mephistopheles (even though he had no apparent understanding of who the name represents) - he made it his mission to get kicked out or banned from every chat room he entered by being obnoxious. But he made the mistake one day of dropping in on me and making a fuss in my Dreamers chat room. Poor thing, he didn't know what hit him. I decided to smother him with kindness literally (hehehe, I am so wicked). So for three or four hours he tried to get us to ban him and we just kept being sweet to him and discussing his psychological issues that would lead him to this life of misery (there were about a dozen of us in the chatroom). He finally gave up and left in disgust. After that I (and my fellow dreamers) made it a point at least once a day to "find" him in the IRC-sphere and wish him a good day (and secretly IM the others in the chatrooms he was in on how to deal with him, hehhehe). Pretty soon half the online IRC-sphere was "playing nice" with the guy. I think we nearly gave him a nervous breakdown - in the nicest way possible of course. Ahhhh, the good old days, when it was easier to track the jerks and deal with them. I bet that poor guy still has a Kiera-complex. LMAO. I do wonder if he ever minded his ways, he disappeared after a while. :-D Kiera

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 12:15 AM

I'm a big fan of the "killing with kindness" philosophy.  It can be difficult, but it really can surprise someone too.

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 12:37 AM

When you put your work out in a public forum, be prepared for whatever you get ;)  Applicable to any creative effort.  You never know what the hell people are going to say, especially across the Internet where a lot of people abuse their anonymity.

My Freebies

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 1:05 AM

Quote - I'd date a Russian Bride, do you think she'd be impressed with my Poser art?

Hmm, that would probably be the least of your worries!  You might be more concerned about what her new husband who works for the KGB thinks about you dating his wife :P

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 1:10 AM

Of course, you are right pjz99.  I don't mind, myself, I mean, I can take it, I generally find it amusing when it is directed at me.  I just think young people should be treated a bit more supportively.  In the end, though, they are probably a lot thicker skinned then I give them credit for.

On another note, a work of warning, apparently the Russian website that stole my pic is a hotbed for spyware.  Everybody make sure their virus scanners and such are up to date.

Worse then your average forum troll or bottom feeding picture thief is those who produce viruses, spyware, trojans and all that crap.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 3:42 AM

Kiera... ROFL Now THAT is wicked! I love it!

And yes, kindness is a great way of mindfucking people. It also works wonders towards nasty customers (I work in trains and... let's just say some passengers are a bit ... illbehaved sometimes) - When someone has almost popped a vein, screaming, spittle flying everywhere because he missed a connection or something.. and you just tell him that he's absolutely right and yes, it's dreadful and yes we're all idiots here, and yes of course he should complain.... snicker People have no idea of how to react to THAT... You can't, really. Where's the fun of complaining when the other part just agrees with you? ;o)

ThrommArcadia I was really laughing at your initial analysis, and it just got better along the way. This is one of the funniest threads here for a while :o) Go you!

Hmm... I'm not sure I've actually been trolled... sniff

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

kierab ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 8:06 AM

I like to think of it as taking a person's (negative) forward momentum and using it to grab them up and whirl them around rockabilly style, all the while putting them completely off balance.  I had that poor devil dancing his feet off for several weeks, hehehe.

OT: And to your other question, nah, I'm not killing  you with kindness, just serving you up your just desserts.  It's a karma thing.... pass it on.  :-D

Bobasaur ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 8:51 AM

Like they used to sing in church, "When the troll is called up yonder I'll be there..." My stuff too good to be trolled? Harrumph! Next thing you know they'll be telling me that Tom Cruise married Katie Holmes.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 12:46 PM

Ummm...Boba....Guess what! Tom Married Katie! The big ol' freakie boy!

Bobasaur ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 1:34 PM

No Way! You're just saying that. We all know Tom is waiting for NIcole Kidman to take him back. Yeah, Nicole Kidman, that's the ticket. Or Alan Rickman.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 2:21 PM

ROFL WHY Is it that Alan Rickman always seems to make a cameo appearance in threads I participate in? Huh?

:lol:

and why can't he make an appearance in my home?!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.