Sun, Oct 6, 5:06 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Yay! I've been Trolled!

Bobasaur ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 3:13 PM

@TrekkieGrrrl 'Tis the season to spread joy. We give what we can. Please, no comments about spreading Alan. That is well beyond the scope of this thread.

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

kobaltkween ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 3:38 PM

how about spreading things on alan?  not that he's my taste, mind you, but that it seems like we should all do what we can to give back to generous artists. 

though i thought he was brilliant in, "something the lord made."  worked very, very well with mos def.

Bobasaur ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 4:56 PM

@cobaltdream, Don't, don't, don't say things like that to TrekkieGrrrl. Her mind is immediately filled with thoughts of syrup, marmalade, jelly, sugar, chocolate, whipped cream, strawberries, marshmellows, and cod liver oil and then she completely loses focus on the 'here and now.' If any of these things (and Alan) have filled her mind as a result of your post she probably won't be able to drive safely for the rest of the day. Give generously but give safely. You don't give an alcoholic a bottle of Jack Daniels. You don't give a drug addict a gram of Cocaine. You don't give a Republican a gun and you never, never, never ever give TrekkieGrrrl Alan Rickman and cod liver oil!

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 5:03 PM

Quote - ROFL WHY Is it that Alan Rickman always seems to make a cameo appearance in threads I participate in? Huh?

:lol:

and why can't he make an appearance in my home?!

I'll work on trying to get him for you if you work on getting Viggo Mortensen for me,  lol

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 12:24 AM

I'm still waiting for my Russian bride.

Hmm, Nicole Kidman played a Russian Bride in that movie "Birthday Girl".  See how things come full circle?

Actually, I had a friend once who was seriously considering trying to get a Russian bride.  He had paid for a membership to some site and recieved e-mails from potential candidates.

He was so excited because they spoke english.  He read me a few of the e-mails and it wasn't hard to recognize (for me anyway) that they were filling in some form and using some translation software.

It was amazing how every woman loved "taking care of work around house"

Half of them worked at "local outlet store or retail business".  That's what it said.  Use it in a  sentence:

"I currently have a job at local outlet store or retail business and enjoy it very much."

Anyway, weird stuff.  In the end I'm sure there were no real women and it was all a scam.  The membership alone cost him something like $100.00.

I don't think Alan Rickman was behind it, but after Die Hard I believe he's capable of anything.

aeilkema ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 4:43 AM · edited Tue, 19 December 2006 at 4:47 AM

At least bunny was honest with his/her opinion....... and you call him/her a troll.

I fail to see the point of your post. Honestly I didn't see anything special about the image. Nothing unique, nothing special, just a plain old one out of a million poser renders.

The problem around here is that most people aren't honest about their comments. When someone is, he's called a troll, shame on you. You may not agree with him/her, but that doesn't make him/her a troll at all.

This person isn't a troll, he's just commenting on your image, giving his/her opinion.

You haven't been trolled at all, you've had a genuine comment by someone who wasn't impressed with your work.

I really don't like this kind of attitide.... if you don't like the comments call the person a troll. We're only allowed an opinion if it's the same opinion as everyone else has.

Someone didn't like your image, so what? Get over it, but don't make such a fuzz of it. Get real, not everyone is going to like your images and looking at it, I kind of agree with the person..... guess that makes me a troll also.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

billy423uk ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 5:00 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Nothing unique, nothing special, just a plain old one out of a million poser renders.

i could accept the above as a fair comment to a lot of images posted but it's not nice to make comments in an unkind manner. i myself have just been lambasted for making a comment in the writers gallery  but i was'nt being nasty. i gave honest reasons what i thought of it as the reader, even said i liked it in the main but that wasn't good enough. sorry but to me and i could be wrong, bunny was a troll. to say helen keller could have done better is a cruel thing to say to the worst of images. finding fault and saying why you do is different than saying this is shite or words to that effect. jmo

billy

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 6:03 AM

Thank you Billy.

Aeilkema, I'm not sure if you know what a troll is, but trust, you aren't one.  I may not like what you have to say, but that does not make you a troll.

Mr. MutantSpaceBunny, on the other hand does qualify.

He stopped by, had nothing relevant to say, just threw out some general insults that offered nothing to myself (the artist) or the community.

Mr. Bunny602 (as he went by) had nothing in his gallery, he had no favorite artist or pictures, he has never posted in a forum and he had only been a member for about a week before leaving his sparkling commentary.

That, my friend, is a troll.

I have not visited your page yet, but I bet I will find you have contributed something, I can see that you have posted over 1300 comments in the forums.  You've been a member for 6 years.

You probably can tell me something from which I could learn and improve.  You probably have something relevant to say.  I can tell you already, that I respect your opinion more then Mr. Bunny's.

Don't get me wrong.  I can put up with negative critiques.  I can respect if someone doesn't like something.  Sure, I prefer a pat on the back, but to each their own.

The picture in question (if you took the time to read) was a comparison of the base V4 and Sydney.  Nothing special.  It is the least amount of work I have ever put into a picture.  If people don't get that I posted it for those who were curious about the appearance of the two meshes, I can't really care.

If someone takes the time to offer some insight (which many did all of which were accepted an appreciated) then that's great.

Mr. Bunny602 stopped by, insulted the other people who had posted, made a crude joke about Helen Keller and then left.

I am perfectly within my right to make a comedic forum based on the complete silliness of that.

I'm sorry the humour has escaped you.  But, thanks for stopping by and having a look.

Cheers!

aeilkema ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 7:13 AM

OK, I see, thanks for clarifying it a bit for me.

*I have not visited your page yet, but I bet I will find you have contributed something.

*There's actually nothing there anymore. I removed all my images a while ago. There used to be a message why I did so, but that seems to be gone by now. Bottomline is that I rather not have my images between all that's being posted in the galleries. I hardly ever visit the galleries since most of hwta is being posted isn't my taste. I do not endorse R'dosity's Gallery TOS, so I refrained from posting images, visitng the galleries and commenting to images.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 7:21 AM

Yeah, TOS can be pain sometimes.

Even Renderotica has tightened up their TOS, a sad thing really.  I understand why they did it, I just think it is a shame they ahd to.

I completely respect your feelings on posting.  I also know that there a tons of pics and the good ones can get completely lost with all the newbies, WIPs and so on.

I still enjoy the galleries.  I like watching artists grow and I like a lot of different stuff, so I find lots to my liking here.

Cheers!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.