Mon, Sep 9, 8:13 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: questions about hair

Kristta ( ) posted Thu, 21 December 2006 at 11:15 AM · edited Thu, 08 August 2024 at 6:17 AM

I have in mind an image I want to create with poser.  I want a girl standing with her back to a wall (viewed from the side) and she's sliding down the wall to a squat position.  The only thing I can see giving me trouble is hair.  As she slides down the wall, the hair would be kind of sticking up and I'm not sure how to achieve this.  Will the different hair things from like daz and all be able to react with a separate object such as a cube?  Painting the hair is not possible as I'm not good at that at all.  Any ideas are greatly appreciated.  I'm at work right now and plan to work on this some time over the weekend.

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 21 December 2006 at 11:17 AM

I'm no expert but I imagine Dynamic hair would be your best bet!!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Tiari ( ) posted Thu, 21 December 2006 at 11:28 AM

I am not, admittedly too familliar with dynamic hair, though I assume it would work very well.  You can try this, as well as this trick.

Koz free hair has tremendously good morphs.  Including a bend one i do believe.  The trick to doing it is to import the koz hair to your figure's head, and conform it, and morph it for movement.  THEN import a second hair, thats right a second figure of the same hair.  DO NOT conform it, and move it with rotation and so fourth and morphs behind her head and against the wall behind her.   You can use more than two figures to get the look you are going for, of bend, moving, and tendrils of hair.  Change its scales too if desired, You'd be amazed what you can accomplish with the "multi hair object" trick :).  Any morphable hair should work.

Hope that helps.

gillbrooks ( ) posted Fri, 22 December 2006 at 4:41 AM

...or you could try painting your own hair - it's not difficult :)

Gill

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 22 December 2006 at 4:45 AM

Quote - ...or you could try painting your own hair - it's not difficult :)

It's not exactly easy either. There is a substantial learning curve if you are using brushes. And even more if you aren't.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Fri, 22 December 2006 at 4:58 AM

Painting hair effectively also really requires a tablet.  I'm pretty good with photoshop and I have a bit of history with traditional painting (oil, and acrylic), but painting a lot of hair with a mouse is incredibly difficult.  I can do touch ups, but even then I prefer to pull out a tablet.

gillbrooks ( ) posted Fri, 22 December 2006 at 5:05 AM

Quote - Painting hair effectively also really requires a tablet.  I'm pretty good with photoshop and I have a bit of history with traditional painting (oil, and acrylic), but painting a lot of hair with a mouse is incredibly difficult.  I can do touch ups, but even then I prefer to pull out a tablet.

Not necessarily - see prog's gallery - he always paints on the hair and he only uses a mouse.  

There are also plenty of free tutorials around for painting hair.  If you have the ability to learn how it's beneficial in the long run - you can have your own styles, not something out of a box.

If that's out of anyones ability, then there's always the option of Ravnheart/Toxic Angel's hair packages - there are 5 to date I think.  These are pre made brushes so you literally just stamp them on to your image.  As the brushes can be rotated this could work for hair sticking up or following gravity.

Hope this helps

Gill

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.