Sat, Sep 21, 12:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:04 pm)

Subject: Problems with conforming clothes! Help!!!!!

freefall565 ( ) posted Tue, 06 March 2007 at 7:23 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 11:54 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_370867.jpg

I've been working on taking some clothing and rescaling it to fit Koshini 2, But after I scale it and export the prop when i Import the prop and make a new figure from it and try to conform it with the joint editor this happens! ( see pic) I've done a few clothing items and all the pants and shoes work fine, its just when I try to do jackets and shirts it doesnt line up right. I made sure all the Jacket center points and end points are correct with koshini's center points and the end points. what am I doing wrong, can NE one help?

patorak ( ) posted Tue, 06 March 2007 at 8:46 PM

Hi freefall565,

I would like to help,  but I need more information.  Are you matching your clothing groups to Koshini 2's groups?  Are you using the set up room to create your new figure?  and if so,  are you using Koshini 2's bones?

Cheers,
Patorak

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 06 March 2007 at 9:20 PM

Attached Link: http://www.philc.net/WardrobeWizard.htm

Check out Wardrobe Wizard.  There is a table listing all of the supported figures (Koshini 2 is one). With WW you can convert clothing between any of those listed figures with a click of a button or two. It's super easy.  And while you may think $60 for a poser program is a lot of money, it really isn't. WW is an investment and will save you money because you can use one outfit for all of your WW supported figures. Plus it saves on hard drive space because you don't have to have an outfit for each figure saved. Simply analyze it once and then just put the outfit on whatever figure you want to use it on and click one button and it is converted to fit that figure.  Very easy.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

freefall565 ( ) posted Tue, 06 March 2007 at 10:03 PM

i think im using koshinis groups. I'm using Nerd's conforming clothing tutorial http://www.nerd3d.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=12
Didn't even think about using the setup room, havent ever used it b4.

freefall565 ( ) posted Tue, 06 March 2007 at 10:05 PM

Would love to get WW acadia, was actually checking it out b4 I saw your post, but unfortunately $60 is a little over my budget, but it does look like an excellent tool.

freefall565 ( ) posted Tue, 06 March 2007 at 10:05 PM

Would love to get WW acadia, was actually checking it out b4 I saw your post, but unfortunately $60 is a little over my budget, but it does look like an excellent tool.

patorak ( ) posted Tue, 06 March 2007 at 10:57 PM

Hi freefall565,

Let's try this first,  take your clothing item and check your end points for the shoulders and abdomen in the joint editor.  (They will be red cross hairs)  Make sure your shoulder end points match Koshini 2's forearm start points ( Start points are green cross hairs)  Likewise,  make sure your abdomen end point matches Koshini 2's hip start point.  Also,  make sure Inverse Kinetics is turned off for your clothing item.

Cheers,
Patorak

freefall565 ( ) posted Wed, 07 March 2007 at 12:20 PM

Ok, I've checked the end points on the shoulders and made sure they were the same as the start points for the forearms and I still have the same problem, there is no abdomen for the figure, only the chest, L&R collar, and the shoulders.

svdl ( ) posted Wed, 07 March 2007 at 3:05 PM

That might be the problem. If you include the hip and abdomen bones, the figure might work much better.
Hip and abdomen don't need geometry, but apparently Poser wants the conforming clothing to have the same root bone (hip in this case) as the figure it is being conformed to.
Likewise, the jacket you're making does not have forearm geometry. Still, you should include the forearm bones, since the bend of the forearm can influence the geometry of the shoulder bone.
You can set those bones to invisible, and even hide them from the menu by editing the cr2 - just set hidden to 1 and addToMenu to 0. Make sure you combine those with the statement "off" (which means invisible. Hidden just means the bone will not appear in a hierarchy dropdown).

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

freefall565 ( ) posted Wed, 07 March 2007 at 7:06 PM

Thanx I'll give it a try and let you know how it works out!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.