Sat, Aug 3, 5:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 3:43 am)

Subject: FREE!!!! Apollo Maxiumus 2007 - OUT NOW!!!

Hyria ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 10:12 PM

I got him. Way cool :)

Insanity is a waking state...Darkness is a being...Want To Play.........heheheheh

byAnton ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 2:41 AM

Hi guys.

Thanks very much for the support and spreading the word. I wanted to pop over and say thank you personally to each of you for your support and I hope you enjoy it. :thumbupboth:

I am starting a free non-commercial newsletter on my site and people can sign up there.

PS:If anyone would like to host this banner above here is the code. The more who find him and use him, the more likely the content.

this bb code will embed th banner as a clickable link

[url=http://www.antonkisieldesigns.com][img]http://www.antonkisieldesigns.com/~akfiles/banners/free3dposerhumanmaleapollomaximus.gif[/img][/url]

here is the html code to embed the banner as a clickable link aligned center

free3dposerhumanmaleapollomaximus.gif

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

DarkAngel612 ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 5:38 PM

In this coding you need to add the part in red or like his in his siggie will give you a site not found....and we know he is there...LOL

Anton hun, I am DarkAngel from DreamSlayer Artworks and I will be placing your banner in our site....the index page so Thanks so much for the freebie.

CuteMonger ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 6:19 PM

Just amazing. Your generosity is ... is .. too much!

pjz99 ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 8:29 PM

file_371849.jpg

Wee, it works!

My Freebies

infinity10 ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 11:03 PM

darkangel612 -
got that revised HTML link code for the banner. 

Anton -
banner link will be up soon at my web places:
http://www.forbidden-lovers.net
and
http://www.genjyosanzo.net

Eternal Hobbyist

drifterlee ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 1:42 AM

I wondered where the clothes were. Will the old Apollo's  lothes and textures fit?

jenay ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 5:58 AM

many thanks for that nice gift :)
I downloaded him, but still found no time to use him. 
maybe this weekend :)

wolf359 ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 7:12 AM

file_371904.jpg

Great freebie

NO realistic muscle morphs  but a great freebie!!!!!

very GENEROUS

THANKS ANTON!!

My website

YouTube Channel

wolf359 ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 7:12 AM
LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 8:43 AM · edited Fri, 16 March 2007 at 8:51 AM

Geez! Looking at him next to M2, the muscles on his arms and legs look just plain wrong! More like elephantitis or water weight than actual muscles! I think though that Apollo's definition is supposed to come from better displacement maps aren't they? I don'tthink I've ever dialed up that much muscle on any of my figures.

jenay ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 10:07 AM

ooops - I just noticed the filesize:
the cr2 alone is 27 MB in size - the corresponding OBJ-file has 4.5 MB
hmmm ..  doubt if my PC can handle this ...

any recommendations about the system needed ???
(I am still on a AMD Sempron 1.8 GHz, 512 MB RAM, Windows XP) ... sigh

Alisa ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 11:42 AM

Quote - I wondered where the clothes were. Will the old Apollo's  lothes and textures fit?

drifterlee, they will work, but if they had morphs built in, they won't have the NEW morphs built in, so you'd have to use something like Morph Manager to do that. (haven't ever used it, but lots of folks have)

Quote - ooops - I just noticed the filesize:
the cr2 alone is 27 MB in size - the corresponding OBJ-file has 4.5 MB
hmmm ..  doubt if my PC can handle this ...

any recommendations about the system needed ???
(I am still on a AMD Sempron 1.8 GHz, 512 MB RAM, Windows XP) ... sigh

Give him a try, jenay - he seems to be pretty easy on resources. 

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

StevieG1965 ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 12:09 PM

Quote - Anton is working on the Part 4 zip, which includes the clothing and new materials. He'll also be uploading P4 style MATs for those Daz|Studio users. Give him another day or so :)

-- Jeff

Heya Jeff,

Any word on the last zip file?  I have an open free weekend and am going to be going Apollo crazy! :woot:

Alisa ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 12:32 PM

Quote - [quote

Heya Jeff,

Any word on the last zip file?  I have an open free weekend and am going to be going Apollo crazy! :woot:

I'm not Jeff, but the answer's no.  Anton will let us know, though, and one of us who's following the CP threads will definitely post here when it's ready.  I think Anton's pretty busy answering questions, and I know he wants to get them all done before releasing it.  I know it's hard to be patient  :)

Cheers,
Alisa

StevieG1965 ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 12:54 PM

Oh, no, not meaning to put an air of pressure.  I know Anton was kinda miffed he didn't have it set for the intial release.  Was just curious if he mentioned it in the past couple of days.

jefsview ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 1:30 PM

stevieG, Anton just posted that Part 4, which includes the clothing, skinsuit, scalp/beard and facial sfx figures should be released before the end of this weekend.

Not much longer :)

-- Jeff

Alisa ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 2:18 PM

hee hee...I just was coming over to post this :)

Cheers,
Alisa

carodan ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 3:06 PM · edited Fri, 16 March 2007 at 3:14 PM

file_371929.jpg

Just wanted to post these here, re-beefed up muscle men or Freak-style characters.  I know some definition of the muscle groups may need some displacement enhancement (come on all you people with Z-Brush!)

PoserPro2014(Sr4), Win7 x64, display units set to inches.

www.danielroseartnew.weebly.com

carodan ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 3:15 PM

file_371930.jpg

carodan ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 3:16 PM

file_371933.jpg

twitchew ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 4:14 PM · edited Fri, 16 March 2007 at 4:20 PM

got my great new figure from anton with both IE and firefox.
The only trouble I had is that i can't use the installer in content tab because of the password. 
So I have to actually LEARN how to use poser all over again (the learning curve was mentioned loud and clear in other posts), any tutorials for the unwashed?

(hey there is my first texture idea!)

again this is great and very exciting to see.

byAnton ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 4:44 PM · edited Fri, 16 March 2007 at 4:52 PM

I also just want to pop this in this thread where it will be seen by all. Not directed to anyone here.

**Contact.....
**I can be contacted through my site or antonkisiel@verizon.net of anyone needs assistance.

Regarding installation.........
This is a new install for everyone. Do not install the new files over the old ones. Simply start afresh.

Do not use Posers content tab for installation.

Mac users may need to shorted the zip names a bit before unzipping.

Regarding Newsletter..
Go to the ask Anton section of my site and mention "newsletter". The free non-commercial newsletter will be once a month.

Regarding the download links....

On the download page for each download, it shows where traffic is coming from. Those are logged by direct linking/access the download page, some that has bypassed my site. My site should,. for the most part, be the only one listed. I see Daz, Renderosity and a couple other Poser sites have been listed as being directly linked from..

Direct links to the download, bypassing my site, transmitted via email or PM, IM, etc will list the server domain they come from.

Just a reminder that I have asked people not to transmit direct links to the download. Please just direct people to my site. Please do not transmit the direct links. If someone has problems seeing them, please just have them email me at antonkisiel@verizon.net

Even though these files are free, please respect the direct links as if they were commercial product links.

Thank you for your cooperation. Part4 containing the ClothingCr2's will be available this weekend.

Cheers.

PS: I am fixed the link in my sig banner.

"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

byAnton ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 6:23 PM

If anyone would like to host an Apollo banner to help spread the word, either for their APollo products/content or just to spread the word, I would love to see people host banners. This is the code for to embed the banner below.

BB CODE for sigs and bb forums.

[url=http://www.antonkisieldesigns.com][img]http://www.antonkisieldesigns.com/~akfiles/banners/free3dposerhumanmaleapollomaximus.gif[/img][/url]

here is the html code to embed the banner as a clickable link aligned center

HTML CODE for Sigs and web pages

carodan ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 8:01 PM · edited Fri, 16 March 2007 at 8:02 PM

I realised I didn't finish my post before. It should have read:

I know some definition of the muscle groups may need some displacement enhancement (come on all you people with Z-Brush!), but I think it's also possible to push those scale and morph dials to extremes that do end up distorting Apollo's mesh and so make his physique look unnatural (as it would be with all figures - moreso I'd say). Does this mean that his muscles can't look realistic? Not in my opinion. 
I hope my last renders go some way to illustrate this.

drifterlee ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 8:22 PM

What is the big difference between this new Apollo and the 2005 update Apollo?

carodan ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 8:41 PM · edited Fri, 16 March 2007 at 8:44 PM

Just between the Cr2's, the 2007 version has  loads of new ADS Scale dials and new body and face morphs, in addition to the ones he had before. He is also fully functional in D/S.
But there are also new texture maps, updated displacement, new utility poses and python scripts, the peviously unreleased Poser Faceroom module (only non EF/CP figure to have this), hair,  etc - plus all of Antons products that he released for Apollo (Epic clothing volumes, Bonelord, Demonicus). Note - Anton's still adding the new morphs to some of the Cr2s (to be released this weekend or soon thereafter.
I probably missed something, but it is a significant development on the 2005 version.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 10:58 PM

Funny! I was going to say that the big difference was between his legs! LOL! His new default genitals no longer look like those of a premature infant or someone who's just finished swimming in a pool full of icewater!

jefsview ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 11:32 PM

His genitals have always been the same size. The ADS (scale) dials just had it set under so he wouldn't scare anyone :)

-- Jeff

keelin ( ) posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 4:26 AM

~hugs Anton~ Thank you!

darth_poserus ( ) posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 5:53 AM

I'd just like to give a big thank you to anton. And, say sorry for the pm anton.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

Free the freebies!

byAnton ( ) posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 10:46 AM

no worries. darth.

Here is the new html download page. Just click this duplicate banner above^^^

This page CAN be posted in forums and such. Just not the zip urls and passwords.

Thanks Carodan and LeeMoon for allowing me touse some of their wonderful renders. credits at the bottom.

Cheers.

Alisa ( ) posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 11:15 AM

UPDATE - there's a new site link that is very easy to follow and is non-flash:

APOLLO'S DOWNLOAD PAGE

Cheers,
Alisa

ruby_dragon ( ) posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 11:16 AM

Thanks for the heads up! I've yet to work with Apollo, what's the figure like? He looks awesome! (Gotta love those beefy arms..) ;-)

*hugs*
-Jen Dyck

carodan ( ) posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 11:21 AM

ruby_dragon - He's like...so many things. He can BE so many characters - if there was a definition of a true male base figure in the dictionary, his picture would be next to it. My opinion of course.

byAnton ( ) posted Sun, 18 March 2007 at 1:11 AM

Quote - Thanks for the heads up! I've yet to work with Apollo, what's the figure like? He looks awesome! (Gotta love those beefy arms..) ;-)

Just go download him. :)

jefsview ( ) posted Sun, 18 March 2007 at 3:13 PM

Just a reminder to all those of you who have downloaded Apollo 2007: PART 4, the clothing, and other accessories, will be released sometime today/tonight (Sunday).

Also, Please enourage you favorite venders to download Apollo so he can have some new skins and shoes and clothing :)  With over 5000 downloads -- there's a nice size user base and marketshare. So, make some money -- support Apollo!  :)

-- Jeff

drifterlee ( ) posted Sun, 18 March 2007 at 6:55 PM

Will Hogwarden's Quickmat work with Apollo?

darth_poserus ( ) posted Sun, 18 March 2007 at 9:05 PM

How do you get the banner link thing to work?

I tried to put it on my site but it didn't work. As you can see in my siggy here for example, What I did is simply cut and pasted the code you can now see in my siggy, but it doesn't show the banner graphic. Obviously I'm doing something wrong, any help would be most appreciated.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

Free the freebies!

drifterlee ( ) posted Sun, 18 March 2007 at 9:34 PM

I linked to his download page. see my page www.dreamscape3d.com

I will take a peak at the banner.

ClawShrimp ( ) posted Sun, 18 March 2007 at 9:41 PM

Carodan, that 'Freak' style morph is fantastic!

Is this straight Apollo or did you use the Cole morphs as well?

If the former, I'd love to get hold of this. It's just begging for some Incredible Hulk fan art (with some tweaking, of course).

I stand by the comment in my favourite artists list, you are the MASTER of morphing.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards...checkmate!

drifterlee ( ) posted Sun, 18 March 2007 at 9:44 PM

Okay, check my site again at the bottom of the page is the link. You must insert the code without any wordwrap after your last table and before the body tag. Make sure the code is exactly as Anton wrote it with no extra spaces. See, I got it to work. try again. www.dreamscape3d.com

darth_poserus ( ) posted Mon, 19 March 2007 at 8:11 AM · edited Mon, 19 March 2007 at 8:13 AM

Woohoo! I finally got something to work right!

Now if I can just figure out how to get rid of that red line. LOL

Free the freebies!

carodan ( ) posted Mon, 19 March 2007 at 1:35 PM · edited Mon, 19 March 2007 at 1:37 PM

ClawShrimp - the Freak-style morph is all default Apollo. In fact it was using only the 2007 scale dials with the original 2005 morphs (I was testing the scales before the new morphs had been done). I should be able to improve on it.
What I'm planning is an ADS character set using just Apollo 2007 (no Cole this time) with a full range of body types and ages. This will take some time.

ClawShrimp ( ) posted Mon, 19 March 2007 at 5:45 PM

Take your time Carodan! You can't rush genius ;).

I'm personally having problems scaling Apollo's hands. How did you do it? When I scale them larger they contort and deform.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards...checkmate!

carodan ( ) posted Mon, 19 March 2007 at 5:50 PM

Try thinking in terms of scaling Down the rest of his body. There are limits, but I got less distortion with a large hands to body ratio that way. Worth a try.

DarkEdge ( ) posted Mon, 19 March 2007 at 6:30 PM

those figures were crazy carodan.
nice work. 😉

great advice about scaling down other body parts to make the whole look larger. deceptive indeed. you have a great character there.

Comitted to excellence through art.

ClawShrimp ( ) posted Mon, 19 March 2007 at 6:43 PM

Thank you Carodan. I would never have thought of that.

jefsview ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 1:53 AM

Part 4 of the Apollo download should be out by Wednesday after some slight set backs.

Check back soon to get the most out of your Apollo!

-- Jeff

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 2:34 AM

Thanks for the updates, Jeff!!  :)

I've been checking this thread on and off to see if Part 4 is available yet.

And if I haven't mentioned it already: Thank you extremely much, Anton!  I have purchased all incarnations of AM and this has to be the most useable and flexible Poser human figure to date.

Robert

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.