Tue, Oct 22, 6:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Talk designer help

soulseekermovie ( ) posted Wed, 28 March 2007 at 9:14 AM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 4:49 PM

Hi can someone PLEASE explain to me in plain english how to get Michael 3 and victoria 3 to show up as an option on my talk designer lip synch feature? I understand I have to put some files from their folders to the poser 7 talk design folders but I am very confused on which files I am looking for where to find them and how to transfer them. I wonder howcome poser didn't include these characters with them being major players in the game.
Thanks!

EddyLoonstijn ( ) posted Wed, 28 March 2007 at 10:31 AM

Hi,
There are actually 2 problems to solve:

1. To get the viseme-files; P7 only gives that type of file for it's nown characters, so not for the mutch used M3 and V3 characters. However, you can by them in the Talk-designer Expansion kit at DAZ3d
  2. You also need the Phoneme-morphs for M3/V3. That seems to me a biogger problem with which I am fighting now too. Sure, M3 has in its expression (buy at DAZ3d) its own injection phoneme-morphs. But I think that is not to same set as being used bij P7 Talkdesigner! They make it really easy for us, workers in the field.
    So I am studiing to make my own phoneme-morph targets, for the required mouth positions: Mouth A, Mouth T, etc. That is not so simple: In Morphing Tool>Combine you can make pretty easy the position of the mouth, but I did not figure out how to save such a headposition as a separate morph/phoneme target.

So as soon as you can solve problem 2, notify me and we will both be easy talking heads.
BTW. Tzalk designer works very nice with SimonG2.

If all this does not works, you may move to Mimic 3 Pro/Lite (buy at DAZ3d). That will alse do the job, but that will be money and another program to master.

Hope you have some use for my answer.
Eddy Loonstijn, netherlands.

EddyLoonstijn ( ) posted Wed, 28 March 2007 at 11:29 AM

Again for an even better answer:
On PoserPro a placed my question and got the following answer:

**I don't have Poser 7, but I assume this will still work:

1. Export Wavefront OBJ with "as morph target" checked - you can then apply this to the head in future projects;
  • or -
  1. From the object menu, select "spawn morph target", give the new dial a name, then save the character in the figures library for future use.

You won't be able to redistribute either of those without further work, but for personal use that should do it. 

**So now problem 2 seems to be solved: 
-just open M3 besides SimonG2.
-set mouthA in SimonG2
-inject aay and are phonemes from M3's expression list (buy at DAZ3d)

• set M3'head with phoneme Aay
    -Open Morph Tool >Combine and fiddle around from the Aay position until you are satisfied with the likeliness with SimonG2's mouthA
    Last: Object>Spawn Morph Target under name: 'mouthA'  for head M3

Do this with all the Phonems of SimonG2 and you are ready for the Talkdesigner, unless you have aquired a viseme-file for M3 (Daz3d)

Hope this will help.

soulseekermovie ( ) posted Mon, 02 April 2007 at 1:35 AM

Thanks so much for your help I appreciate it!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.