Tue, Oct 1, 5:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Tail problem.

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2007 at 5:43 AM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 7:21 AM

I am rigging a figure with a tail, the first part of the tail connected to the body comes away from the figure when it is rotated, almost as if it is not connected to the body but I have checked the cr2 and it is properly connected and welded.

Is there some way to fix that problem?

There is another problem with the end of the tail, the second last part doesn`t fit properly to the last part and the rotation is not exactly right, can that be fixed?

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2007 at 6:07 AM

Looking at the model's mesh where the tail joins the body, is that a homogeneous area or has the tail been "stuck into" the body?

Try moving the twist start point away from the body.

For the end of the tail, use the Joint Editor to set the orientation of the center such that the axial rotation aligns to the tail. You may be able to do this by simply correctly positioning the center and end points and clicking the Align button. If not then use the orientation dials.

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2007 at 6:44 AM

The tail is actually a seperate object from the main body (it is all one object but the tail is not blended in with the body part).

The joints are all set up properly on the end part but it still doesn`t work properly, the problem with tails is that you get less joint parameters using yzx curve than when it is not used.

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2007 at 6:53 AM

Curve ... OK :)

On the first section set the curve dial to zero.

For the rest you'll still be able to access the center and end points and the twist parameters in the Joint Editor to make those adjustments

For more details I'd have to see the model..

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2007 at 7:15 AM

Setting the curve dial to zero just makes the first part of the tail distort less when it moves, it still comes away from the first part of the figure.

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2007 at 7:21 AM

Were you able to make the adjustments to the joint parameters as suggested?

Without screen shots or seeing the figure I can not really advise any further.

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2007 at 8:54 AM

The parameters on the end were already set properly, I am sorry but I can`t show screen shots of the figure at the present time.

I will find out how to fix it someway, thank you for your help.

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2007 at 9:10 AM

I found out how to make the part connected to the body work, I changed it from YZX curve to just YZX and it now works perfectly.  Changing the part at the other end the same way fixed that as well.

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2007 at 9:14 AM

Cool :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.