Sat, Sep 21, 6:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 8:54 am)

Subject: D/S & Poser 5's Firefly Render Engine Questions

Gameforce ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2007 at 10:14 AM · edited Thu, 15 August 2024 at 2:41 AM

I have some products that I'd like to purchase but some of them state that to render I have to use Firefly Render Engine in Poser 5.  I don't have P5 only D/S so is there a work around this or is this just an old hanger on that has been modified in the new versions of D/S?

RHaseltine ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2007 at 1:34 PM

It depends. Poser 5's Material Room has a lot of functions that D|S currently lacks, and asking for Firefly certainly suggests that at least some material room settings are being used. However, D|S (when rendering with 3Delight) does support some features of the Poser 5 material Room (displacment, reflection, refraction, maps to control the strength of features such as specularity) so it might be possible to hook things up to work (but you'd have to do it by hand, or find someone who'd already done it and was willing to share their presets).

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.