Tue, Oct 1, 9:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 7:03 pm)

Subject: rendering and memory

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 22 April 2007 at 7:18 PM · edited Thu, 08 August 2024 at 4:36 AM
Site Admin

I'm working on a detailed image that my computer isn't liking...uses too much memory while rendering. I know I can render in parts and combine it in post work for the final image. What's some good settings for rendering to check on my progress and see how it looks with lighting, shadows, and textures. I don't need to to have perfect texturing just see enough to see how it's reacting with the lighting. I don't have any reflections that I need to worry about. I'm using version 6.

Also I'm hoping to add some poeple in the back ground. They'll just be silluettes so I don't need any detailed resulution. Are p1 low res people less memory hogs than p4?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 22 April 2007 at 7:42 PM · edited Sun, 22 April 2007 at 7:44 PM

Try looking at these links. It might help to shed some light on how to save or maximize memory.

Top 12 Culprits for slowing down Poser

Working with Neftis Hair

Link to Stomp

Firefly Hangs

Interesting observation about Poser6,Firefly, and obj Materials in re: Rendering

Is it stuck or is it rendering?

How can you reduce file size to improve performance?

You can also allocate more memory to Poser if you have XP. Go to the following link and scroll down until you see screenshots.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2516735

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 22 April 2007 at 9:53 PM

High resolution textures use up a lot of memory and the more lights you have, the more memory you will use.  Try using only two or three lights and smaller textures.

You could try using the p4 low resolution figures for background characters because the p1 figures are quite primitive.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.