Fri, Sep 20, 7:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Render Problems- Can anyone help?

philgreg ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2007 at 5:43 AM · edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 11:06 PM

I'm working on a piece for a competition.  The scene has several figures and a large prop, and a large scene/bg. Everytime I render I just get this message.

"There was a problem during render.
when using firefly you can reduce memory usage by rendering in a separate process, raising the adaption threshold or specifying smaller bucket size."

No matter what I do I cant seem to get the render sorted.
The image must be 1024x768.

Has anyone else encountered this....how can I fix the problem. I have a 64 bit machine, ATI Radeon 7000 card. 1GB ram.

Thanks for listening

cspear ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2007 at 5:55 AM

This sounds like a memory problem - consider upgrading your RAM to at least 2Gb. Your graphics card won't make any difference, btw.

Have a look at GlowWorm (http://www.poseworks.com/glowworm/), which lets you batch render and, for your current situation, divide a scene into sections. These are rendered individually and you stick 'em together in Photoshop (or whatever). I've found this really very useful.

Also, there's a Python script floating about somewhere, I think it's a freebie, which will render each figure in a scene individually - maybe someone reading this can help track it down.

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017

jjroland ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2007 at 9:20 AM

Or you could just render segments at a time on your own and paste them together in photoshop.   Say top top bottom 1 inch width (or more) until you get segment renders of the whole scene.

I am:  aka Velocity3d 

archdruid ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2007 at 12:23 PM

For sure check with the python forum further down the Forums list.... they have a wishlist there, too. Lou.

"..... and that was when things got interestiing."

Dizzi ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2007 at 12:34 PM

Quote - This sounds like a memory problem - consider upgrading your RAM to at least 2Gb.

Assuming that philgreg has enough virtual memory via the swap file, that doesn't help anything...

Anasta ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2007 at 12:41 PM

This is what I do when my renders start to choke:

--Make sure all background tasks are killed unless they're necessary (learned that trick from playing The Sims LOL!)
--Don't have any messengers open.
--Try not to open any webpages to keep from lagging up your machine.
--Save the poser file and restart the program to give it a fresh start before rendering.

These things usually help get my renders movin' and hopefully they do the same for you. I haven't the slightest idea what specs my laptop has but if I can render a 1275x800 image with two figures (close-up) and several props in about 5 hours on it, then it must be pretty good LOL!

ashley9803 ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2007 at 10:02 PM

Before I do this Anasta, I restart my PC. (Not RESTART but turn OFF and restart).
Reducing bucket size down to 8 sometimes kicks things off.
Some say to remove ( or make not visable) anything you don't need to see in your scene (though I question this)
Some say that minimising the Poser window at the start of the render process frees up memory.
Personally, I'd turn off my puter and restart, open Poser, open the pz3 and try rendering with no other windows open. But you've probably already tried this.

modus0 ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2007 at 11:58 AM

You could also try rendering just the shadows, and then render without shadows, and composite them together in your image-editing program of choice.

If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.