Tue, Oct 22, 4:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Merge an Imported Poser "Colossus" with a Vue Terrain

metabog ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2007 at 1:11 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 12:34 AM

I'm importing this buddah-like head I created in Poser into Vue 6 Infinite.  I want to scale it up to a huge size and then combine it with a terrain object in Vue so that they both are merged into one terrain object that I can then texture, populate with an eco-system, etc. Sort of like the way 
WETA created Skull Island for King Kong last year.

But I dont know if it is possible to do this in Vue 6, anyone have any thoughts or ideas?

FrankT ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2007 at 2:32 PM

bm 'cos I've been thinking of doing something similar myself.  Could you export the head as an object then do some sort of boolean thingie to merge the two ?

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

vincebagna ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2007 at 3:28 PM

I don't know if it's possible into Vue, but you could also use a modelling ap to merge them (after exporting the terrain object).

My Store

Gini ( ) posted Wed, 30 May 2007 at 7:22 AM · edited Wed, 30 May 2007 at 7:22 AM

If you already have an idea of the angle and placement of the head as it will be merged into the terrain you could perhaps do that thing I've read /seen a couple of others do and that is to render the desired view(s) of the head in Poser, take it into Photoshop or similar, make a greyscale image of that and then use it in Vue as an image map to model a terrain with. Easy to apply your ecosystem on then as the head etc will all be terrain with this method. Never tried this myself (on my 'to do' list ) but I've seen where someone did a cowboy terrain figure for instance that looked amazing .

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

metabog ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2007 at 12:56 PM

Thanx Frank, Vince, Gini,
I'll take your ideas and see where I can go with them.

FrankT ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2007 at 12:39 PM

file_379120.jpg

don't know if this is the sort of thing you are looking for.  I exported the M3 head, imported it into Vue and saved as a .vob then just placed it where I wanted and set the material to the same as the rock he's merged with.  I added an ecosystem of some grass then painted some Carex ferns all over his head :)

Looks better than I thought it would

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

metabog ( ) posted Sun, 03 June 2007 at 8:41 PM · edited Sun, 03 June 2007 at 8:41 PM

Yep Frank that is similiar to what I'm trying to do. Nice render. I'll try it that way. Thanx again.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.