Mon, Oct 21, 5:05 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: VUE Update Questions

MRX3010 ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 10:38 PM · edited Thu, 08 August 2024 at 6:17 AM

Ok I have a question, I usually understand these updates pretty well but this one confuses me.

From the e-on newsletter:

Vue 6.10 Build 291050 Update Available for All Vue 6 Version
"Important! This update is to be installed on the Vue 6 final release version (build # 289768 and higher)."

Ok that makes perfect sense no problem there but wait this is what I get when I click on the link.

Update to Version 6.10 - Build 291200
"Warning: This update is for the Final Release version of Vue 6 Pro Studio only (version 6.05 build 289789). If you're still using the Pre-Release version, please uninstall it and then download and install the Final Release version before applying this update."

Ok am I missing something or is there two separate updates mentioned here?

I am running Version 6.05-4 Build 290396 right now, I am running the prerelease version but what version is the Final Release which it says I have to have before upgrading?

I am seriously confused, more than normal, any ideas?

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 11:16 PM

Vue 6.10 Build 291050 Update Available for All Vue 6 Versions

Important! This update is to be installed on the Vue 6 final release version (build # 289768 and higher).

Among other fixes, this update for Vue 6 improves the render engine, especially with radiosity calculation, sub-surface scattering and anti-flickering, fixes OpenEXR output, improves network rendering with HyperVue, plus many other enhancements (a detailed list is available on the update page).

Click on the link below to download the update:
www.e-onsoftware.com/resources/?page=updates

When I click on this link it takes me to the Vue product line and when I select Vue 6 Esprit (which is technically what I have even though I have all the expansion modules) I see this:

Vue 6 Esprit Updates  

Update to Version 6.10 - Build 291200 This update is available for Macintosh and Windows platforms. This update is still in beta. Click here to display details on the latest official update.

The following is a list of bug fixes and improvements included in this update:

• Warning: This update is for the Final Release version of Vue 6 Esprit only (version 6.05 build 289789). If you're still using the Pre-Release version, please uninstall it and then download and install the Final Release version before applying this update.
  • Improved Render Engine: - Improved skylight radiosity.
  • Wrong plants shading in some singular cases.
  • Wrong boolean (involving ground plane) rendering under spectral atmospheres.
  • Wrong infinite planes clipping under spectral atmospheres.
  • Wrong ecosystem instances rendering when textures depend on altitude.
  • Possibly wrong transformation of rendered animated object parts at frame 0 when using group hierarchies.
  • Unexpected stretched plant leaves in some singular cases when using breeze.
  • Too bright reflected radiosity for translucent objects.
  • Wrong radiosity evaluation for subsurface scattering absorption.
  • Wrong volumetric material evaluation for subsurface scattering absorption.
  • Missing shadows from plants within boolean objects.
  • Improved Input/Output: - Non preserved world location of objects when exported as OBJ.
  • Badly positioned imported objects in some cases, if auto center is selected.
  • Very slow 3DS file import if model contains a lot of subparts.
  • Older polygonal always loaded as smoothed, regardless of the actual smoothing flag.
  • Ignored UV mapping over OBJ imported models containing non UV mapped faces.
  • Improved Network Rendering: - Now HyperVue regularly checks the state of the cows.
  • Added an option to pause/resume batch jobs.
  • Improved Interface: - Bad behavior and possible crashes when editing in a global way (3rd tab in the world browser) the population of an Ecosystem including plants.
  • Fixed a crash when rendering an ecosystem based on an object using displacement mapping or subsurface scattering.
  • Fixed a crash while editing multiple materials with the basic material editor.
  • Strange behavior of Max-Clipping of standard terrains in the terrain editor (the max jumped from 200 to 100 as soon as we edited it).
  • Wrong preview of terrain when importing altitudes from a bitmap in 'Addition' mode.
  • Fixed a crash when drag & dropping a sub-part of a layered material.
  • Fixed a crash when we quit Vue whereas a material editor is open in 'Edit All' mode.
  • Fixed a crash when clicking on Up/Down keys within the Light Editor.
  • Wrong affected viewport by light from scene OpenGL setting.
  • Bad scale & slant handling when using scatter tool.
  • Very slow bitmap selection in world browser when it is used by many objects in the scene.
  • Missing animated cloud material keyframes in timeline (could also lead to a crash).
  • Missing timeline refresh when animating materials.
  • Unexpected behaviour of zoom in/out icon buttons when selected objects are not centered in viewports.
  • Non switching mixed material environment settings when switching edited material within material tree.
  • Possible crash when dragging objects out of a duplicated group in the world browser.
  • Non automatically disabled lens glare when forcing low memory render to disk strategy.
  • Fixed a crash when creating a boolean object with a terrain, if boolean preview display option is enabled.
  • Wrong highlight intensity value in basic material editor.
  • Some atmosphere settings were not saved in environment mapped mode.
  • Possible crash when switching animated object motion type.
  • Other minor interface fixes and improvements.

Did you select the correct product?

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

keenart ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 12:08 AM

Despite the fact that e-On says the 291050 is for all versions, it means for all versions for Infinite and xStream above the pre-release.  Someone at e-On needs to learn how to speak English the way the rest of us do.  Maybe they had too much coffee when they wrote the copy.

For Pro and below the build is different, 291200.   It fixes many issues, but still seems to be a little "crashy."  The module Biosphere.eon is particularly cranky!  If you do not need this patch, you might want to wait until it is Final, rather than Beta.

jankeen.com

MRX3010 ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 11:22 AM

Thanks,

Victoria_Lee: I chose my Pro version from the list. 

Keen: That makes more sense, so it is the 291200 that I would need?

I think I can just let it ride until the Final release is made as every thing seems to run fine for now except hypervue but I can wait on that. Updates make me nervous especially after reading  some of the others reports so far.

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 11:32 AM

I put the beta on my Esprit and, believe it or not, it's running better and I don't need to purge memory quite so often.  Right now I'm working on an image that, at last count, is over 1 billion polys and not a hiccup.  I'm importing several obj files and their textures and it's running fine.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

keenart ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 12:06 PM

Victoria; Lucky!  Lucky!  Lucky!  I should have that much Luck! 

MRX,

I can get the new patch to work if I increase Ram to a total of 6 gigs, turn down resolution to 16 bits, and install the x86 Visual Studio 2005 Distributable Pack.  I am running the Vista x64 flavor. 

Still Radiosity troubles are back, and I am having some strange effects that crop up if the settings are not just perfect. 

This is all probably due to the Beta concept, and they are trying to see if the new patch will work on all of the different system configurations.  Probably also has something to do with the Poser SDK.

jankeen.com

iloco ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 12:06 PM

Victoria Lee were you using the new update for testing that japanese castle vob...?

ïÏøçö

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 12:39 PM

iloco, no I wasn't.  I didn't get it until later in the day but I'll give it another go in a bit.

Thanks, Keen.  I don't know why I have such good luck with beta patches but it seems they like my system configuration.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

keenart ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 12:55 PM

Okay! Can I come over to your place and Render my Vue Images!!!

jankeen.com

dlk30341 ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 1:33 PM

Victoria, would you please share your system specs with us?  Knowing these things are crucial for comparison purposes :)

Thanks

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 2:37 PM

Windows XP Pro
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8 Ghz  Processor
2 Gigs DDR2 Ram
nVidia GeForce 4000 vid card/128 Mb Vid ram
2 IDE Internal Hard Drives (350 Gb each)
2 SATA Internal Hard Drives (350 Gb/80 Gb)
1 Iomega IDE External Hard Drive (160 Gb)

Not the fastest or best machine around but it works and, for the most part, handles all of my 3D requirements.  This is a custom build that I put together about 18 months ago but keep upgrading components as I get the $$.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

dlk30341 ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 2:50 PM · edited Wed, 20 June 2007 at 3:01 PM

I'm  mind boggled that you are having no problems with those specs :blink:  You are lucky :) Primarily the VC card.

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 3:30 PM

I think a lot of it is maintenance.  I open the case once a week and blow everything clean and pull the heat sink every month and clean the fan, too.  I now have 8 fans in the system in a room that's well ventilated and cool.  In Phoenix, cleaning out the case is mandatory because of all the dust.  I don't care how good your case in, here you get a lot of dust inside.

The vid card is nearly 2 years old now and works just fine.  I am looking to upgrade it soon but first will be a new MB with more ram.  I'm hoping to go to 4 Gb which, even though I still have XP Pro 32 bits, will give me more for Vue and Poser to access until I move up to a 64 bit OS.  I am planning to stay away from Vista for a while but I can go to Win XP 64 bit.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

keenart ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 4:36 PM

Actually, that makes a lot of sense.  The older video card and drivers are probably more compatible with Vue, as opposed to my new video card and drivers.  I could not run the older drivers because I switched to Vista and had to use newer drivers and OpenGL 2.1.   

That would mean that your video card does not process features higher than OpenGL 1.2, or 1.5 at best, which should make it completely compatible with Vue and Generic OpenGL.  

From previous experience with other software, I still believe most of our troubles are with the higher features of OpenGL, which e-On claims they are actively using in a Multi-threaded environment.

jankeen.com

dstephany ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 4:58 PM

Hey what about improvements with Poser imports in Version 6.10, since that seems like the biggest concern of alot of people here, including me! I see no mention of that anywhere. Has this problem now been adressed or resolved ? Thanks!

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 6:25 PM

Since I haven't had any problems since the final came out, I'm not one to comment on this.  I can import from Poser without a hitch.  The scene I'm working on has 4 pz3's imported into it along with a bunch of .obj files and texture maps and no problems.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.