Mon, Sep 16, 11:06 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Suggestion Box

Welcome to the Suggestion Box Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic, msansing

Suggestion Box F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 13 4:19 pm)

This forum is designed for suggestions from the community on how you feel we can improve Renderosity.

Subject: Scrap the new design, it's horrible.

Fringewood ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 7:11 AM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 10:51 PM

This new theme violates at least six basic rules of layout design.  Fire the person who convinced everyone else on the staff that it was so kewl.

Then again, it completes the circle of all the major stores picking absolutely hideous designs.  Why should R'osity be the only one with a halfway usable interface?

Bring back the user ability to define the theme for those of us who find the new design simply repulsive and against all good taste in graphic design!

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 9:31 AM

I'm sorry you feel that way Fringewood. Everyone has a different idea of what they like. Thankfully it seems that a very large majority of our members are pleased with the new look.

You can customize a CSS sheet to put in your forums and gallery options if you'd like just as you could before the new design.

Charberry ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 8:26 PM

Oh it looks good, but almost impossible to use. Hope I get used to it.

Art By Charlene
http://www.artbycharlene.net/

Charberry ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2007 at 10:20 AM

I must say I love the black margin surrounding the image. It really makes them stand out in a good way, and makes the colors look better. I always used black background margins for my pictures on my Web site. That part I agree with. I think someone improved this site by making the column wider and I do thank you for that. I did not appreciate my observation to the problem before being deleted, though.

Art By Charlene
http://www.artbycharlene.net/

LuLeLuna ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2007 at 2:16 PM

I realy like it..though..taking time to get used to it...there is just one little thing..I Might Be Blind..but where can I find my all incomming IM`s now?
Mona

Hedda ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2007 at 5:19 AM

Quote - I realy like it..though..taking time to get used to it...there is just one little thing..I Might Be Blind..but where can I find my all incomming IM`s now?
Mona

Hi Mona :)

On the right on top, under the "Member Links" you will find Sitemail, Become a member, Terms Of services etc. If you have any messages it says New Mail with white letters beside the Sitemail :)

I wish you a wonderful weekend :)

Hugs from Hedda

LuLeLuna ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2007 at 7:20 AM

Aha,,that there is where is has been hiding..(dooh me) Thank you so much Hedda =0) Hugs

Hedda ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2007 at 12:51 PM

Quote - Aha,,that there is where is has been hiding..(dooh me) Thank you so much Hedda =0) Hugs

You are so welcome Mona, I had some problems myself the first day ;) Hugs from Hedda

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2007 at 8:57 PM

I like it, have no problems using it and it looks a damn sight better than the DAZ site.  Which also takes forever to load, even on a 8 meg connection.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

ed1111 ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2007 at 11:49 PM

I constantly have to wipe the smudges off of my screen left by my nose. the fonts are much smaller now.why?

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 21 July 2007 at 4:57 AM

Quote - I constantly have to wipe the smudges off of my screen left by my nose. the fonts are much smaller now.why?

If you want larger fonts try adding :-

table { font-size: 16px; }

To your forum and gallery stylesheets.
Adjust the number to suit your own requirements.

ed1111 ( ) posted Sat, 21 July 2007 at 6:27 AM

Hi nrudduck,

pleading ignorance,can you break that down in laymans term? thanks. E.

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 21 July 2007 at 6:48 AM · edited Sat, 21 July 2007 at 6:53 AM

Quote - Hi nrudduck,

pleading ignorance,can you break that down in laymans term? thanks. E.

To alter your Forum stylesheet goto -> http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/index.php?my_options

To alter your Gallery stylesheet goto -> http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/member.php?my_options

In each case look for the text box labelled "My Style" and paste in this line :-

table { font-size: 16px; }

Then click on the button labelled "Save Changes".
If the font size isn't quite right change the 16 for something larger or smaller.

There are some areas where the font size won't be altered, but that can be done if required with a more complicated set of style instructions, so ask in "The CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) Workroom" forum.

ed1111 ( ) posted Sat, 21 July 2007 at 7:07 AM

Thanks a million.my eyes can't thank you enough.
hey, one more thing. sorry to bother you, I don't suppose you know how to create a motion path for an object, say, like a car, do ya?

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 21 July 2007 at 8:00 AM

Quote - ... I don't suppose you know how to create a motion path for an object, say, like a car, do ya?

The only method I know about is the one lesbentley came up with (see -> http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2318233).
Your post in the Poser forum suggested that you already knew about it, and were looking for something else.

Vecster ( ) posted Mon, 23 July 2007 at 3:08 PM

I like how the new version works! Some things have been rearranged and shuffled, but it doesn't take brain surgery to figure it out. The base interface colors  work well. Congratulations, I think this is much better than the last one.

-Thomas

Greybird ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2007 at 4:46 PM

I'm registering my support for the new design, especially in its blues and grays, and its having white text on a dark background, all making it easier to read.

While making the first of two test posts for my avatar ...

Greybird ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2007 at 4:47 PM · edited Sun, 05 August 2007 at 4:56 PM

... and the second.

Edit: I was seeing if setting a transparent color in this GIF would work properly against both background colors, and apparently it doesn't. Ah well.

I'll keep the solid color as I'd had it, since this works against the comments in the galleries, even though it shows up against one of the two background colors here (as at left).

Another edit: This doesn't seem to use BBcode or HTML ... another habit to break! But a good one, since this editor is more versatile.

A test link to my ComicSpace page, with a closeup on my avatar:

Greybird closeup

Belladzines ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2007 at 12:34 AM

I love the new look..... its my color theme exactly............

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.