Mon, Oct 21, 11:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:26 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Carrara 6 New Ocean.

Ringo ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2007 at 10:33 AM · edited Sun, 18 August 2024 at 2:41 AM

DAZ is starting to show the new features of Carrara 6.
The first one is the new Ocean.

http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=62707

Ringo

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2007 at 10:35 AM

Thanks Ringo! Mark

jt411 ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2007 at 11:10 AM

Damn that looks good!
Please, please give us a release date DAZ!

danamo ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2007 at 3:16 PM

Wow! The waves can be animated as well!

danamo ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 12:38 PM

I'll bet Eric at DCG will have a "field day" writing plug-ins to enhance Carrara6's new features, including this new Ocean primitive. I hope he will make it possible to use the Terrain Tools with the new ocean. Imagine being able to animate surf foam and ships wakes! WooHoo!

dvlenk6 ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 2:34 PM

Is there going to be absorption in all transparencies, do you think?

Friends don't let friends use booleans.

nomuse ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 3:46 PM

Just hope they don't go so crazy adding cool new toys they forget to fix the ones they have already.

sparrownightmare ( ) posted Sun, 29 July 2007 at 9:32 AM

Quote - Just hope they don't go so crazy adding cool new toys they forget to fix the ones they have already.

Yeh thats my worry.  I hope it's more stable than 5 when rendering.  I just wasted 2 weeks doing a scene which C5 Pro simply will not render wihout crashing back to windows.  I hope 6 at least gives you a reason why it crashes.

nomuse ( ) posted Sun, 29 July 2007 at 1:55 PM

I have to admit to being underwhelmed by the new "ocean" thingy. It appears to me it has no mechanism for shore/object detection or interactive ripple generation. So already a 1990's shareware plug-in for Bryce would do better at making a simple bird bath. As to the others -- the lighting mode sounds interesting, but all in all this looks like functionality that was already available via the proper shaders and displacement. Oh. I've been reading up, but so far haven't encountered evidence that transparency of a given volume of water changes dramatically with temperature or pressure. The main reason deep water is darker is because it is deep. (And even if an increasing opacity is wanted as a form of forced perspective, Carrara's existing environmental shaders can already handle this task). Here's hoping the next announcement is of a revamped and improved UV mapper!

plmcelligott ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2007 at 2:19 AM

New features announced.

Non-Linear Animation

Dynamic Hair

jubjub64 ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2007 at 11:00 AM

They also mentioned that the OpenGL previews were vastly improved. Awesome!

nomuse ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2007 at 3:05 PM

If Carrara can provide better styling tools than Poser this will be a nice addition indeed.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.