Sat, Sep 21, 10:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 8:54 am)

Subject: Tears without postwork-testing an idea.

Greywolf Starkiller ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2007 at 6:05 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 8:29 PM

file_384747.jpg

Well, I had been working on this in Poser 7, and since I'm learning DS, I figured I'd try my idea and see if it worked. Well, countless renders and tweeking later, I've got her tears looking  even better than I've managed in Poser so far. All I need now, is to find a way to make them gleam in the light without the whole think glowing. :) There is absolutely no postwork in this pic, just some prework to make the transparency and displacement maps. You all know they way tears gleam in the light. Any ideas on how to do that in DS? Or is this as real as I can get them without postwork?

Greywolf

Boofy ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2007 at 11:28 PM

II'm not very up on poser but is there any way to add a bryce like gleaming gel in poser? that may work, or a little radial/point light turned down low, or a slight metallic sheen to catch the light??? jen

Fussel2107 ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2007 at 10:28 AM

hrm, if you want them to gleam, without glowing, tiwould be a Glossiness/specularity thing. I´d say set Glossiness to 95 and then tweak specularity until it works.
And check the ambient color, if it´s too bright it will gleam as well.
Or perhaps try for a reflection?

Good luck and keep us informed.

FLuffy

shotgung0d ( ) posted Wed, 15 August 2007 at 4:07 AM

Hey nice progress on this. Had this idea in my head for a while but never had the time to tinker with it. As far as getting them to glisten? You might be able to do it by creating a specular map for the tears but i'm not sure right now how that might affect the entire face.

Nice progress so far.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.