Mon, Oct 21, 11:00 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: FaceShop Pro import crash mystery SOLVED!

BastBlack ( ) posted Fri, 10 August 2007 at 6:40 PM · edited Mon, 22 July 2024 at 11:17 AM

I finally figured out why some imported head cause FaceShop to crash (but others don't).
The reason is : the UVmap has out of range UV coordinates.

Here's the fix:

1. Open in Poser or D|S the figure who's head you want to morph.
  2. Turn off IK and Zero the figure.
  3. Export only the head (do not include the eyes)
  4. Now open UVmapper.
  5. If you get an error code, "The model you have opened has has out of range UV coordinate data. Would you like to fix it?" Click Yes!
  6. Resave the obj
  7. Import into Faceshop and you should be good to go. ^^

I have no idea why some objs get that "out of range UV coordinate" error.  ???
But at least UVmapper can fix it.

bB

momodot ( ) posted Fri, 10 August 2007 at 8:27 PM

Thank you.

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 10 August 2007 at 11:36 PM · edited Fri, 10 August 2007 at 11:39 PM

I have no idea why some objs get that "out of range UV coordinate" error.  ???

It happens when during UV mapping some vertices extend beyond the range of the texture map. All vertices should stay within the boundary of the texture map in order to get textured properly. If they aren't, there will be some areas that don't get textures applied correctly.

Some of the Poser 5 or 6 figures had that problem, if I recall ... and I think it was the eyes or lashes or something that had some vertices that extended outside of the texture map area.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.