Wed, Sep 18, 12:01 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Disable 'Add Friend' requests?

dvlenk6 ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2007 at 9:21 PM · edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 11:42 PM

How can I do that?
I'm not trying to be anti-social; but I keep getting requests from people I have never seen/heard of and know nothing about. Actually I'm trying to avoid rejecting these requests so that it isn't perceived as anti-social.
It's just people spamming the member list and it is interfering with my legitimate site mail communications. I don't want to miss real site mail, but I hate checking the box all the time and finding spam friend requests.

Friends don't let friends use booleans.

Dann-O ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2007 at 10:07 PM

Good question. Sorry I have no good answer.

The wit of a misplaced ex-patriot.
I cheated on my metaphysics exam by looking into the soul of the person next to me.

Death_at_Midnight ( ) posted Sun, 26 August 2007 at 10:33 PM

I don't even know what it is.. but have 3 friends now.. Death has friends.. hrmm.....and no it's not War, Pestilence, or Famine this time.....

Anyway, what is this friend list thing?

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Mon, 27 August 2007 at 6:44 AM

Where are you guys seeing this?? I see no such thing.

Maybe its a good thing??

Incognitas ( ) posted Mon, 27 August 2007 at 8:28 AM

Friends? you have friends AND people who mail you?

Maybe being invisible and unseen has it's advantages 'cos I've no mail and I've no friends.😉

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 27 August 2007 at 9:07 AM

probably trying to cash in on the Myspace phenomenon...;) I have 3 friends, but I've heard of one of them. Not trying to be anti-social, but I'm not going to be asking to be anyone's freinds..;) Take me as you find me..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

deadwarrior ( ) posted Mon, 27 August 2007 at 9:32 AM

I didn't even know I had a Home Page until Rendo made all that noise on the front page. Took a look, yawned, left.

Note to Self: Ignore Home Page.

Other Note to Other Self: Supress evil hacker instincts and do not zap these noobs back claiming "UR PWNED NOOB, I AM L33T!"

Simply not good fom or polite :D.

I just plan to ignore my Home Page like I've always done.
Sorry, no friends for me.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends, Come Inside, Come Inside."

"
Brain Salad Surgery"
Emerson, Lake and Palmer

skiwillgee ( ) posted Mon, 27 August 2007 at 10:37 PM

Actually that is a good question.  Answer would more likely be found at "community"  forum

Incognitas ( ) posted Tue, 28 August 2007 at 9:58 AM

I've discovered I do have friends..the Store Staff...:rolleyes:

drawbridgep ( ) posted Tue, 28 August 2007 at 1:33 PM

I thought OK, a few friends, but it quickly turned into a "how many people can I add" contest, so I stopped adding people and removed the few I already had.

I suggested to the PTB that they don't send emails for each invite and rather have a separate option that says "friend requests waiting" or something.   Then you can just ignore that without thinking you have intresting site mail.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Death_at_Midnight ( ) posted Tue, 28 August 2007 at 6:21 PM

I don't even know how to add friends. I feel so lonely now. :~(  sniff

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Tue, 28 August 2007 at 6:29 PM · edited Tue, 28 August 2007 at 6:30 PM

I browsed around but couldnt find anything related to having friends or adding friends. 😕

matrixmode ( ) posted Tue, 28 August 2007 at 6:33 PM

On your home page click "manage friends".

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." Leonardo da Vinci

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Tue, 28 August 2007 at 7:06 PM

DOH!!!  :blink: It was staring at my face and I didnt see it.  😊

dan whiteside ( ) posted Tue, 28 August 2007 at 7:21 PM

Attached Link: survey

dv - the 2007 rendo site survey is up and it has a comment area for improvements. I put "disable friends" as an option.

dvlenk6 ( ) posted Tue, 28 August 2007 at 11:08 PM

I guess that's the only thing to do. The option to not participate doesn't exist.
Seems to be dying down now anyway, after the initial rush.

Friends don't let friends use booleans.

Boofy ( ) posted Thu, 30 August 2007 at 10:55 PM

I think having 'favourite artists' is enough. My inbox gets full enough, besides....once you have listed what do you do then?

1: Go for imaginary drinks?

2: Have a grype session about the boring people who didn't want to be my friend (chuckle...just kidding)

3: walk your 3d dogs in a brycean modelled park??? (oops they just chased a poser cat up a C4D tree...)

How many other inane suggestions can we come up with I wonder?

Thelby ( ) posted Fri, 31 August 2007 at 2:18 AM

[quote=Boofy] *How many other inane suggestions can we come up with I wonder?
* Turn it into a Virtual 3D Community where you have to build your own
 apartment or home and animate everything just to get anyhwere, {insert eyes popping here} , 
but they do have these type communities on the web.

I would rather be Politically Incorrect,
Then have Politically Correct-Incorrectness!!!

matrixmode ( ) posted Sat, 01 September 2007 at 12:20 AM

Yeah, I just got another friend request.  I looked at their homepage and I saw that this person has a total of 1197 friends listed! Yep.  One thousand one hundred ninety seven.  That seems a bit whack to me.  I dunno.  To each his/her own I guess.  Live and let live etc...
Just doesn't really make any sense, lol.

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." Leonardo da Vinci

Thelby ( ) posted Sat, 01 September 2007 at 1:08 PM

1197??????????????? Are they getting that many Comments??? LOL!!!!!

Then They don't need that many Fri-Ends!!! ;^D

I would rather be Politically Incorrect,
Then have Politically Correct-Incorrectness!!!

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 04 September 2007 at 6:41 AM
Forum Moderator

Well I just discovered this little gem.
I had 5 requests from people to become my friend and to those I would like to apologise for not getting back to them sooner. You're all 'approved' btw.

You just can't have to many friends.

Still, if I had switched on my 'receive mail notifications' thingy I would have know sooner maybe.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Quest ( ) posted Tue, 04 September 2007 at 7:40 AM · edited Tue, 04 September 2007 at 7:44 AM

Well I just got a request yesterday before reading this post. Seeing as it was my first friend request, thinking that someone was perhaps interested in my work and wanted to open a line of communication and not wanting to seem antisocial I approved. After approving I decided to visit that person’s site and was amazed to find that this person claimed to have 1,366 friends and wondered to myself if they really needed one more friend to round out their circle. Now I’m really feeling antisocial with a vengeance for allowing myself to be used.

Quest

Ang25 ( ) posted Tue, 04 September 2007 at 6:26 PM

Hmmmm, Ang sneaks off to test Quest's antisocial vengeance maniacal laugh

Incarnadine ( ) posted Tue, 04 September 2007 at 9:37 PM

Was it Morin3000?

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

Quest ( ) posted Tue, 04 September 2007 at 11:23 PM · edited Tue, 04 September 2007 at 11:25 PM

LOL…Ang, you’ll test me once too often and then woe be with you. Don’t be silly, you’re a real friend in real life to me and a sweet and dear one too.

Incarnadine, what gave it away…the number, or did you get an invite also? ROTFLMAO!

Boofy ( ) posted Tue, 04 September 2007 at 11:35 PM

I got an invite from morin3000 too. It reminds me of a very heated thread a little while ago where people were all cheesed off at others who would basically try to solicit gallery comments for ratings  from people using a standard cut and paste comment to everyones gallery. UnfortunatelyI guess this is the new 'spam'. Jen

Quest ( ) posted Wed, 05 September 2007 at 1:42 AM · edited Wed, 05 September 2007 at 1:57 AM

Welcome Boofy (Jenny), thanks for posting. So you got the Morin3000 swipe too? Apparently you’re in good company. I’ve seen and been in lots of heated arguments here but I don’t think this will get that far. Seems like something only an immature person would do. Unless this person knows something the rest of us don’t know…like they are handing out all the top 3D programs to the person who has the most friends. Wont that be the kick?

Quest

Boofy ( ) posted Wed, 05 September 2007 at 10:57 PM

Ooops betta get befriending then, Quest do you  wanna be a friend? Otherwise We will miss out! Worse we will be all aloooone! sob. Quick! chuckle Quick! I'm sure I don't have toooo many bad habits ....

Hmmmm, sounds rather pathetic doesn't it???  Would I win an acadamy award or anything for that bit??? (You can rest easy Quest, I wont bombard you with friend spam ;0)

Seriously though does anyone know what the function of this feature is supposed to do? Jen

Boofy ( ) posted Thu, 06 September 2007 at 3:03 AM

Just found this link in the community forum, its.....interesting.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2709663

Jen

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.