Sat, Sep 21, 10:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 8:54 am)

Subject: Replacing body parts I am not sure how to do this.

Vile ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2007 at 2:10 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 10:35 PM

Ok I have two characters The awesome free Daz Dinokonda and the Daz Millenium dragon LE. I want to put the head of the dragon on the Dinokonda's body but I am not sure how to do this. I would appreciate any help given on how this can be accomplished. I thought you could do this in Poser but I am not sure about Daz Studio. Also when I then import the model in Bryce (thought I was being clever and would just delete the head) the whole body is deleted. Is there like an export selected body part. HELP! LOL

Thank you!

Vile ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2007 at 2:15 AM

Huh it looks like if I turn visble to off that might work but I am still open to suggestions!

dvlenk6 ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2007 at 4:00 AM · edited Wed, 12 September 2007 at 4:00 AM

You can delete body parts in Bryce like that, if you break the D|S link first.
EDIT - I think you might also have to ungroup the figure too; I can't remember...

Friends don't let friends use booleans.

Lighthorse ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2007 at 9:34 AM

You have a couple of options.

First - yes in Bryce ungroup and delete the parts you want gone and
then move together and regroup.

Second - In daz setup each figure in the position that you want the figure then
export as object with mat & tex. Open your 3d editor, ( I use AutoCad and Metaseque )
open the first object and remove the part you do not want, Import the other Obj do
the same, now put together what you want. In a 3d editor you can now line up
the nodes and create and join the two objects as one. you will also need to make
sure all material and textures are set up properly. Now save object and import into Bryce.

For something like this I would prefer Metaseque as my editor
but its users preference.

Lighthorse
FalconArts.Com

Fussel2107 ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2007 at 9:41 AM

To make it easy.
Make the body part you want to replace invis, either in the scene tab, or of it´s not possible there, by changing the opacity in the advanced surface tab to 0.
THen put the other figure over the first, make anything, you don´t want invis, et voila.
Adjust.
There you go. ;)

On a side note, changing the opacity might bringt different results, than making it invis in the scene tab.

Just try it out.

Vile ( ) posted Sat, 15 September 2007 at 6:09 PM

Thank you all for your help!

Here is how it turned out pretty darn good I might add if I do say so myself.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1521896

AB

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Sun, 16 September 2007 at 8:56 AM

Hey thats pretty cool! Good job!

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

Lighthorse ( ) posted Mon, 17 September 2007 at 12:13 PM

Nice Job
Well done

Lighthorse
FalconArts.Com

Vile ( ) posted Mon, 17 September 2007 at 6:39 PM

Thank you for the assistance. I do sure like DazStudio more then I thought I would and since I have not upgraded Poser in a long time I think I will stick with it instead.

Boofy ( ) posted Wed, 19 September 2007 at 12:05 AM

Great stuff!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.