Wed, Oct 2, 8:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 6:00 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: How do we make freestuff folders and the zip files

Boofy ( ) posted Mon, 24 September 2007 at 10:23 PM · edited Wed, 11 September 2024 at 6:48 AM

Hi all,

thought I'd post this thread link here as we are trying to find out how to do the zip files, folders etc for freebies, can anyone help us?  Miss Nancy thougth there may be a  prior tutorial somewhere.

This is the link, any info on doing freebies would be appreciated.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=3078548&ebot_calc_page#message_3078548

Jen

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 24 September 2007 at 11:51 PM · edited Tue, 25 September 2007 at 12:00 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/tutorial/index.php?tutorial_id=553&page=1

yeah, there's a sort of tutorial, but it leaves quite a bit to the imagination. my personal pref for freestuff is that they zip the file, whatever it is. along with a read-me giving name, e-mail address, commercial restrictions, application and file description. I absolutely do not wanna see an installer file, an exe file, or anything complicated. getting into the details of a runtime folder tends to exclude and alienate every freestuff provider who is not doing stuff for c6pro or P7 IMVHO. hence my feeling that one shouldn't criticise the freestuff providers if they package things according to their own convenience.

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 7:04 AM

one thing for Poser freestuff is paramount !
ZIP the Runtime MAP and rename it when zipped..
When you maka a MAP "V4-Dress" and put the Runtime map etc etc in it.
Then a fast easy unzip is not possible...
Because in the ZIP the first Map wil be V4-Dress.

But ZIP the runtime map you made and when zipped RENAME it to "V4-Dress" has the runtime map in the first level of maps.

Hope this is clear 😉

Chris

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

Boofy ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 7:33 AM

Wow! Thanks guys, I have cut and pasted your info into the thread for the others to absorb. If anyone else has any hints and tips, particularly on structure of the zips and folders we would be most grateful. Jenny

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 9:32 AM

I can tell you how I do it. It may be the same as in that tutorial, I haven't looked L

This method is assuming you're using Winzip on a PC:

1. On your desktop (or basically anywhere you please) created a folder called whatever you want your product to be named.
  2. in that folder, make another folder called Runtime
  3. In the runtime folder, put whatever folders are needed to contain all the stuff that is in your zip.
  4. Place your things in the correct folders. Don't forget the Geometries folder if you're using anything with external geometry.
  5. PROOFREAD all foldernames! Remember that Props and Materials are plural, all other visible folders are not (visible folders = the palettes you can see from inside Poser)
  6. When done, move out so that you are in the folder with the name of your thing. ie you can see the Runtime folder but you're not inside it.
  7. Rightclick the Runtime folder and from Winzip's rightclick menu, chose "Add to [name of your thing].zip"
  8. You're done. You now have a perfectly path'ed zipfile ready for anyone to extract by simply unzipping it to the Poser folder :o)

Hmm it looks more tricky than it is with all these steps. I hope I haven't confused you more than anything else.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

sazzyazzca ( ) posted Sat, 29 September 2007 at 7:44 AM

In my freestuff I have a folder template already set up that you can use. :)

Boofy ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2007 at 1:41 AM

Wow!! Thanks heaps Sazzyazzca! I have pasted a link to your freestuff in that forum. I think you will make a lot of people happy there. Jen

sazzyazzca ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2007 at 12:55 AM

You're very welcome :D

chaylastorm ( ) posted Wed, 10 October 2007 at 4:53 AM

I know this is probably a very basic question but....... I want to make a 'free texture' for a dress. I go to the material room (in Poser 6) and put the texture onto the dress. Then I go back into 'Pose' and click the + at the bottom of the libuary to add it to the libuary. This makes a .png and pz2 file. Now... when I then try to reapply the texture to see if it works, nothing happens. I have put the .jpg into the runtime>texture but still nothing happens. I guess there's something else I should be doing, so can someone tell me or tell me where I can find a good tutitoral on.... please.

adp001 ( ) posted Wed, 10 October 2007 at 9:17 AM

If you save something to the pose library, the POSE from the actual selected figure/prop is saved. EXCLUDING textures. To create a so called MAT POSE, you have to use an external app or create one "by hand". If you're using Poser 5/6/7 you may save your texture as a material from the material room. This is the right way to do it (except for P4 items).

Saving texture poses to the pose library actually is a really outdated method and should be done for P4 items only. If you really need to spam the pose library, you may create a small file with a "readscript" line referencing the material.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.