Sat, Aug 3, 5:13 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 25 7:29 pm)

Subject: OT (almost) - Your experiences of Vue under Vista

agiel ( ) posted Mon, 08 October 2007 at 10:09 AM · edited Sat, 20 July 2024 at 11:43 PM

thundering1 - [quote]Ooh - let us know how Vista goes with V6I...
Been a little scared to do it myself (everything my business uses works just fine under XP - I really can't afford to trip the works!) - was gonna give Vista a good year and a half for patches and bug fixes before getting a new computer.[/quote] Well.. I am still planning on switching to Mac altogether next year (when the Mac Pro line gets updated and after the release of Leopard), but my PC had serious issues of random restarts and I was forced to do a complete reinstall this weekend... and since I will have to install Vista on the other PCs of my household sooner or later, I thought I would give it a try. So far so good... I am still having issues with random restart, but I have a good idea of what may be causing it. About Vista itself, it's not as bad as the horror stories I have read so far. Yes - the user protection system is a pain in the butt with a popup question every time you open the control panel. Install of software requires more clicks than before. There are a lot of little annoyances but nothing major so far. I am planning on running only what is necesary for me to work, so I might limit the headaches that way. I haven't installed Vue yet - only Poser, Painter and Photoshop. I will keep you posted when I install Vue.

thefixer ( ) posted Mon, 08 October 2007 at 10:59 AM

Attached Link: http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/vista/vista_performance_memory.htm

Working fine for me except as I've said before that my tool tips aren't showing, don't know why though, might not be a Vista fault! Done a full re-install and they still don't show! [Ideas welcomed!]

Agiel, you do know you can switch that annoying user protection crap off!

For good tips on using Vista in general check out this site, very useful I found!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Powertec ( ) posted Mon, 08 October 2007 at 11:11 AM

I've had zero problems with Vista. I run TweakVI with it also:
[www.totalidea.com/content/tweakvi/tweakvi-index.php

](http://www.totalidea.com/content/tweakvi/tweakvi-index.php)
You can turn off that annoying user protection stuff at any time by just going into Control Panel/Security/User Acount Control and turn it off. You kind of have to when using TweakVI....

agiel ( ) posted Mon, 08 October 2007 at 6:31 PM

Thanks for the tips. I know about turning off the user control and I already have a license of Tweak XP - planning on getting their Vista edition. It looks like my reboot issues are down to either the memory or something wrong with the motherboard. Not good... I may have to shelf my desktop and rely on my laptop for a few months until I get the mac.

thundering1 ( ) posted Wed, 10 October 2007 at 4:26 PM

Bookmarking this thread - thanks Agiel!
-Lew ;-)

agiel ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2007 at 10:09 AM

I finally got to install Vue under Vista, but I'm afraid I won't have much time to use it until at least December.

I'm in the middle of preparing a move to a new house and since my PC is still unstable (memory or motherboard issue I'm afraid) I won't have time to fix it until after the move.

war2 ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2007 at 4:54 PM

Well vista works much better now as oposed to when it was launched and if you remember to give vue admin rights there´s zero issues with vue and vista compared to vue and xp.

Atleast none that i have found, so anyway, xp and vista works the same as far as vue goes with the exception of having to run vue in admin mode and the usual warnings starting vue and installing vue content, but you can as have been mentioned turn off those.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.