Wed, Jul 3, 2:05 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 02 3:11 pm)

Subject: runtimes for 5, 6 and 7

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2007 at 5:48 PM · edited Sun, 02 June 2024 at 12:42 PM
Site Admin

I have poser 5, 6, and 7and while I usually use only 7 sometimes I do still use the other two. I am wondering if there is a way to make all 3 programs look to the same runtime for geometries and textures. I already know how to multple runtimes for the libraries ie. props but I've never had much luck with geometries and textures. The program always just keeps asking where to find them if they aren't in the main runtime. Is there anything I can do?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Penguinisto ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2007 at 6:38 PM

One way to do it is to totally uproot and re-organize the things.

I have (literally) nothing in the program's internal runtime (for 5 or 6, or D|S).

I split 'em this way:

-old-stuff (holds V3, V2, V1, Milkids, Luke/Laura, Sp3, Mike 1/2/3, AD/MD, and anything built before 2005 - it weighs in at 46 GB).

• V4 Runtime (you guessed it - vicky 4 and her stuff... clothes, poses, MATs, things like that).

• A3 Runtime (same, but with A3)

• 3rd-party (Kururu, Terai Yuki, and meshes which weren't made by DAZ, or IMHO will ever have enough specific stuff to make into a separate runtime)

• Common (holds stuff like furniture, vehicles, weapons, all kinds of non-specific props, light sets, etc etc).

As a bonus, the proggies load up faster, and I can keep at least some sort of lid on organizing things. It also makes things scalable, portable, and pretty useful.

/P

Morgano ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2007 at 6:40 PM

I don't think that there is.   I can't think of a way to get P5 and P6 to treat P7 as the place to look first for geometries and textures, unless one of the various utilities for organising runtimes provides that kind of feature.

Dizzi ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2007 at 5:11 AM

Quote - The program always just keeps asking where to find them if they aren't in the main runtime. Is there anything I can do?

Maybe you added the wrong folder as external runtime - the folder named "runtime" instead of the folder that contains that folder (e.g. "Poser 6", "Downloads").

Neuer_Versuch ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2007 at 7:00 AM

Rename the runtime-folder from Poser 5 and Poser 6 to runtime_5 and runtime_6 and integrate the folder as new library in Poser 7.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2007 at 7:00 AM
Site Admin

Dizzi, I'm not sure what you mean.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

jfbeute ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2007 at 7:01 AM

CRPro to the rescue.
Just merge all textures and geometries each in one directory, run CRPro to fix any incorrect references (there will be many but normally it fixes them without asking questions.
This will change all refrence to include a full path, so everybody knows where to find things (of course when you save anything with Poser (any version) it will change the references in the saved files back to relative references).
Once you have gone through everything with CRPro, you can run it again and again without any problems to fix anything Poser might have screwed up.
On a big set of content it can take a long time to run CRPro (a really long time the first time you run it). It will find all kinds of problems (and fix most of them).

Dizzi ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2007 at 8:06 AM

Quote - Dizzi, I'm not sure what you mean.

When adding the runtime ensure that you don't add the folder with the name runtime, but the top folder of that folder... So if you want to add the Poser 6 runtime to Poser 5, select the Folder "Poser 6"... It's weird, but it does make a difference... And I wouldn't suggest to use CRPro, when you get "file not found" messages all the time, because the problem really isn't in the content references then. And using a tool that changes references may introduce other problems... (And I know from experience that CRPRO incorrects references, too, like pointing to a completely different file than the one selected...)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.