Wed, Oct 2, 9:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Python Scripting

Welcome to the Poser Python Scripting Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Python Scripting F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 2:50 am)

We now have a ProPack Section in the Poser FreeStuff.
Check out the new Poser Python Wish List thread. If you have an idea for a script, jot it down and maybe someone can write it. If you're looking to write a script, check out this thread for useful suggestions.

Also, check out the official Python site for interpreters, sample code, applications, cool links and debuggers. This is THE central site for Python.

You can now attach text files to your posts to pass around scripts. Just attach the script as a txt file like you would a jpg or gif. Since the forum will use a random name for the file in the link, you should give instructions on what the file name should be and where to install it. Its a good idea to usually put that info right in the script file as well.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Merging Animation Layers in Poser 7?

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Tue, 06 November 2007 at 10:36 PM · edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 3:31 AM

I'm here appealing to the Poser Python illumanti on the possibility of using this to merge animation layers into the base layer.  From a cursory examination of the Poser Python documentation this doesn't seem possible, but it would be edifying to have a final word from those who know better.

Thanks!

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

markschum ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2007 at 12:40 PM

I dont think it would be too difficult , its just moving the keyframe data from one layer to another.

I will have a look at it for you  :)    , doesnt poser have a "merge down"   feature , or a cut and paste ?

markschum ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2007 at 3:31 PM

I finally managed to have a look at my Poser system and sadly there doesnt appear to be a python method to change between animation layers :unsure:  nor does there seem to be a merge command .  :sad:    

If you save an animated pose set and save the layers , when you load it , it gives an option to merge layers and apply them to the base layer .

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2007 at 3:49 PM

That's interesting.  When you say 'animted pose set' you mean a pose containing the animation into the Pose library, correct?

This would do exactly what the person is requiring - merge layers to the base layer.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

markschum ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2007 at 10:34 PM

yes , a pose saved to the pose library , and selecting to save the frames .
When loading the pose you get an option to merge layers to a specified layer .

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2007 at 11:34 PM

Thank you very much for the clarification. :)

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.