Sun, Sep 22, 8:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 4:30 pm)

Subject: Poser figure creation program???

alphauser51 ( ) posted Mon, 12 November 2007 at 2:00 PM · edited Wed, 14 August 2024 at 10:28 PM

Can anyone suggest an alternative application to Poser for creating
rigged figures for poser? The creation tools in Pose are awful, and extremely
difficult to get clean results.

Also, I need someone to create 2 simple posable figures 
from meshes I have for a project Im working on.. No morphs, just need the figures joints to move realistically. Need soon , will pay.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Mon, 12 November 2007 at 3:04 PM

Other than Greenbriar Studios Toolbox II Poser ($99), there really isn't one.  I suggest getting acquainted with the Phi file and PhiBuilder for initial rigging in Poser.  Then use the Joint Editor to tweak - avoid the Setup Room for rigging!

PhilC may have some nice Poser Python script tools to assist in the process so check out his website.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 12 November 2007 at 3:19 PM

alph, post images of the two figures. the quick way is to add two lines referring to the new figure object file to a similar pre-existing EF cr2 file (if for redistribution) or to a similar pre-existing daz cr2 file (no redistribution).

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Mon, 12 November 2007 at 4:02 PM

If there is a comparable figure with at least the same body parts (obj groups).  Either way (Phi or CR2 reuse) one will still need to tweak with the Joint Editor.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.