Sun, Oct 6, 6:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: I'm going to end up in the poor house...

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2007 at 9:00 PM

Thank you ConnieKat. I'll read up and see what..if anything...I'm able to do at this point.  I'd love to go beyond the "simple skirt" that's already free in the marketplace to making jeans. 

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=55595&Start=31&vendor=478242

Also interested in making conforming hair and shoes. I'm too big for my britches! LOL

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2007 at 9:08 PM

Another way of learning is looking at the meshes you purchased, especially of the high end vendors, and seeing how they do things.
You'll see a fair amount of variation in how they make the details like folds and creases and button holes etc...
Then there's UV mapping and texturing, which can sometimes make or break a model...
There's a lot to learn. Just keep plugging away at it.

Modelling is not for those whom get frustrated easily.
Personally, my obsessive streak is stronger then my tendenct to get frustrated... so I just keep plugging away at it ;)
Practice practice practice, then practice some more.

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2007 at 9:27 PM · edited Tue, 13 November 2007 at 9:28 PM

I think that's the thing with Poser. As a newbie, you arrive wanting to reproduce Yannek's work. I remember first coming around these parts and seeing someone ask for Victorian shoes, you whipped it up in no time.  Just the other day Ockham wanted something so whipped it up him/herself. In less than two days also whipped up EJ shoes. 

I need a few years to go bye!!!!! LOL

And yes, I'm willing to learn and to keep at it. My nature wouldn't allow me to do otherwise. :)

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2007 at 10:16 PM

Yea, it takes time.
I've been playing with vector graphics, cad, 3d and photoshop for a very long time... like 20 years or so, starting with CAD applications, and I have schooling in deconstructing things, making plans etc...  
I should be a lot better at it then I am :lol:
Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, you're right in saying you need to give yourself time.
It all depends on how muct time you have to spend on it, and whether you had any pre existing technical or crafty knowledge that you can translate into 3D.
You'll get there :)

Darboshanski ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2007 at 10:27 PM

Did someone say shoes? I've got every pair made for Aiko, V3 and V4 so far and then some!

My Facebook Page

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2007 at 10:37 PM

There's no such thing as too many shoes... or too many poser models.
Do your shoes have a whole separate runtime just for themselves?

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2007 at 11:00 PM

Going straight to modeling and rigging clothing will probably be pretty frustrating - but who knows, maybe you'll have a great time.  My advice would be start with something simpler, creating conforming clothing is vastly harder than people take it for initially, because it's not just a modeling task, it's modeling AND rigging (and texturing, and uvmapping)

My Freebies

Paloth ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2007 at 11:33 PM

file_393351.jpg

I find clothing creation to be easy--though time-consuming. Still, it takes a tiny fraction of the time you would spend creating and rigging a figure for Poser. At the risk of sounding like a broken record or paid advertisement, I cannot overstate just how easy Modo makes modeling compared with every other program I've used (and the list is extensive.)

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Tue, 13 November 2007 at 11:54 PM

Real nice Paloth.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.