Sat, Aug 3, 6:00 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 3:43 am)

Subject: bB's Tips and Ticks to using Wardrobe Wizard 2 ^^

BastBlack ( ) posted Tue, 20 November 2007 at 7:48 PM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 4:31 PM

I was a beta tester for the newly released Wardrobe Wizard 2. Here are a few tricks that I found along the way, and some tips Kamilche shared with us beta testers. 1) Batch Convert If you're like me, you like to set things up to convert overnight while you sleep. The best way to do this, is to batch convert items that are similar. For instance: Make a folder like "V3 to Aiko Shoes." Then when you open WW2, import all shoes in that folder to process overnight. To can't do "include body morphs" when doing batch conversions, but once the analysis done, you go back and add morphs. 2) Flared Button I love the flared button. I use it for boot conversion, big collare shirts, and hood, as well as flared pant legs and sleeves that go post the wrist. The Results are great! 3) High Heels The High Heels button is similar to the Flared button, but applied flare to the ankle down. You can use it on shoes that aren't high heels. 4) Go Faster by not adding any morph dials or keeping any body morph. Once you get the fast conversion done, you can go back and process it the 2nd time, then add all the morphs you want. WW2 will skip past the analysis section because the work is only done. This seems "faster" to me, but I haven't clocked it yet. 5) The Loose Dial. The WW adjustment dials are brilliant! I use the Loose dial to layer clothes, like make a jacket go over a shirt. The Loose dials is also handy for fixing pokethrouigh on extreme poses (you the ones that only cause pokethrough in certain poses?) Just tweak the Loose dials, and Wala! Fixed! 6) Create a MOR file Don't try to add every morph ever created for V3 into WW2 all at once! ^^; I find it faster to do just a few at a time, on a Need-To-have basis. You can always go back and add more morphs is you keep your clothing's analysis file. 7) Jackets, Coats, and Robes Use the Loose Skirt dial so that the lower part of robes, coats and jackets don't stick to the legs like nasty static cling. -^ 8) When to use Regroup All For boots conversions, the Kit figure, or any figure with unconventional body parts. 9) Make your own clothes Conform! Yes, just import the obj and Wala! WW2 will make it comforming clothing for you! loves 10) Ask for help at PhilC's forum. WW2 customer support is top notch. Don't be afraid to ask questions. ^^ Okay, that's a few tips off the top of my head. Have fun! ^^ bB

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 20 November 2007 at 7:58 PM

So then the Fantasy Wizard Robe for the Mil figures can now be successfully converted to say Apollo??  Love to see that!  

Oh and thanks for the tips.  I'll bookmark this post for sure!! 😄

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

BastBlack ( ) posted Tue, 20 November 2007 at 8:23 PM · edited Tue, 20 November 2007 at 8:26 PM

Oh, I should add Tips for Converting to Apollo! 11) Apollo and WW2 In the stand alone version of WW2, don't freak out if Apollo's morphs are not showing. This is an easy fix. Open Apollo's cr2 in a text editor (like BBedit on the Mac, or Word on the PC. In the Body section of Apollo's cr2, do a Find for "TargetGeom" and Replace with "ValueParam" Then save the edited Apollo Cr2 as a text file with name something like "Apollo WW2SA.cr2". -- If you are using the Poser Plugin version of Apollo, you don't need to edit Apollo's cr2. The Daz Fantasy Wizard Robe? Sure. Here's another tip: 12) When converting a Figure with extra body handles For Poser users: Convert the clothing "As a prop", then all body handles will be there. Once that is done, Open the converted prop in the Setup Room and use a similar clothing item as a donor your your new clothing's cr2. This is a more advanced trick. Ask about it on the PhiC forum if you need help. 13) Converting baggy clothes (or clothing with details like button and zippers and buckles) Deselect the "Close Fit" button. This will keep the details in the clothing and not force WW2 to make it closely follow the figure's shape. A really good example of when to NOT use the "Close Fit" button is for M3's Privateer Jacket. 14) Converting Long hair (hair that goes past the neck) Use the "Normal Clothes" button. bB

BastBlack ( ) posted Tue, 20 November 2007 at 9:04 PM · edited Tue, 20 November 2007 at 9:06 PM

Here's some more Tips: 15) .Mor and .Dat These files can be shared between the WW2 plugin version and stand alone version. So... if you first did a conversion in the Stand Alone, then want to add some morphs while inside Poser, just open WW's folder and copy/paste the Mor and Dat files into WW2's python folder. MAC USERS: To find the Mor and Dat files, right-click on the Wardrobe Wizard icon on the Stand Alone version, Selec "Show Package Contents" then open Resources. You will find Mor and Dat files there. 16) When to use "Fix Pokethrough" This is powerful feature, but imho, it should be only used if other methods fail. Try other fixes first, like using the WW Adjustment Dials. If that doesn't work, then use Fix Poke Through. Please note, that only the materials that poke through a figure will be adjusted. So if you have a boots with straps, the boot's leather upper will be fixed, biut the straps that don't intersect the figure will be unchanged. That's why I say use other methods to fix pokethrough first. bB

BastBlack ( ) posted Tue, 20 November 2007 at 9:14 PM

Here's some info on a Error you might run across: If you get ""ERROR> Exception: Vert not found!" " It means the clothing analysis needs to be redone. I had this happen to me once. Click the "Force Reanalysis" button, and try again. OR The items you are converting doesn't have the obj in correct position for the figure. I ran into this problem when converting the G2 Ramses outfit to M3. Used Koji as the from figure. When i checked in Poser to see if the golden beard lined up with Koji, it didn't! So I used the Koji Morph on the beard, then it fit. Next I exported the obj in position. I used the exported obj as the clothing for WW2. Worked like the charm. No problems. ^^ bB

BastBlack ( ) posted Tue, 20 November 2007 at 10:07 PM · edited Tue, 20 November 2007 at 10:12 PM

Errors 2) Morphs not seen in WW2 from Poser 6 and 7 libraries If you have "Use external binary morph targets" turned on, or your figure's cr2 does not contain any morphs for WW2 to see. Inject your morphs. And then check in the "General Preferences > Misc" to see if "Use external binary morph targets" is turned on. If it is checked, uncheck it. Load a clean version of your figure, or re-inject morphs into the figure.

tebop ( ) posted Tue, 20 November 2007 at 10:08 PM

are you revealing secrets?? GREAT!!

BastBlack ( ) posted Tue, 20 November 2007 at 10:11 PM

Yes. I already learned the hard way so you don't have to. -^

tebop ( ) posted Tue, 20 November 2007 at 10:14 PM

so when is tthis new WWizard being released? IN the current wwizard, i have some trouble fitting clothes. man. example, all i did was rezie Margot( a v3 character) hips to xscale 111% and most dresss are not converted good. if i don't resize her hip then, more stuff conforms. weird huh. Oh, and hopefully WW2 works on macs? It's always doubtful you know.

BastBlack ( ) posted Tue, 20 November 2007 at 10:27 PM · edited Tue, 20 November 2007 at 10:31 PM

It was released this afternoon. It's at PhilC's already. Content Paradise should have it up too by now, if not, it will be up soon. Yes! WW2 works on the Mac (both PPC and Intel Macs) as both a Poser Python Plug in (like the first version), and..... A STAND ALONE PROGRAM! I use the Stand Alone version because it's faster than the Poser version and requires less memory. But the Poser version has all the extra tools too that were so handy in WW1. So I use the plugin version as needed. I even ran the Stand Alone version and Poser version at the same time, because I was in a hurry and wanted my conversions twice as fast! lol. ^^ There is a demo of WW2 at PhilC's if you want try it. It works wonderfully, totally kicks WW1's butt. -^ More Tips: 17) Sleeves that go past the Wrist Use the handy WW adjustment dials for hand scale to fix. if that does not work, then use "Fix Pokethrough". bB

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 21 November 2007 at 4:51 AM

Is there going to be an free upgrade for those of us whom already own WW1?

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Wed, 21 November 2007 at 6:19 AM

Quote - Is there going to be an free upgrade for those of us whom already own WW1?

No, The Upgrade is $29.95.
You get the Plugin and the Stand alone.

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Wed, 21 November 2007 at 6:27 AM

Quote - Is there going to be an free upgrade for those of us whom already own WW1?

I asked the same at my BMW dealer ...is the Upgrade free for one that has a BMW already...
he smiled and walked away.. 😉

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

BastBlack ( ) posted Wed, 21 November 2007 at 7:43 AM

I had to add to the ""ERROR> Exception: Vert not found!" " This error message will also pop up sometimes if you have a combination a conversion dials that aren't right for a clothing. Experiment with your selections until WW2 accepts your combo. OR Import the clothing's obj instead of the CR2. Sometimes that works with the crazy button settings you may choose. -^ bB

BastBlack ( ) posted Wed, 21 November 2007 at 10:07 AM · edited Wed, 21 November 2007 at 10:13 AM
  1. How do I convert a Necklace?

Use "Normal Clothes" and uncheck "Close Fit". This will keep intricate details in jewelery. Use the WW adjustment dials to move the necklace up or down to fit over clothing.

For example: This is V3's Victorian Necklace from RDNA converted to a custom morphed M3 character I created. Looks good! The detail is great!  This necklace on M3 will work wonderful for a Medieval King, perhaps English Tudor style?  ^^

bB

BastBlack ( ) posted Wed, 21 November 2007 at 5:21 PM

A few people at the DAZ forum are interested in Tip #9, so I made this for them: M3 Trash Can. lol Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

BastBlack ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2007 at 11:45 AM

While testing, we had a "loose" dial. The Final WW2 version has "Inflate" and also Inflate on the X, Y, Z. So this is even better than old "Loose" dial. Several WW2 adjustment morphs are always included on a conversion. So you will have WW2 converted shoes with a "Cleavage." lol. >< nutty Look! Goggles Can Convert too! ^^ I converted Miki1020's goggles to a morphed M3 character. As you know, there is a very big difference between Miki's and M3's head. I tried making the goggles fit on M3 by hand, took hours. Now with WW2, it took only minutes. Looks Good! The Smooth dial has an interesting perk on this conversion. If I dial it up, the goggle frame shrinks, and vice versa. I have them set a 1.000 here. I think it's so cool to alter the look of the original clothing with adjustment dials. ^^ sebinracer.jpg Over at the Apollo forums, people are finding some WW2 Apollo conversions leave holes in the genital area. Apollo has no geometry switching and no way to switch off or remove his gens. This was a problem for many reasons, one of then was with dynamic cloth simulations. Awhile back, I thought of a solution and it worked. You can download it here: http://bastblack.deviantart.com/art/AltHip-for-Apollo-52146263 Apparently, my AltHip fix also fixes WW2's Apollo Conversion problem. Just thought you guys should know about it. bB

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2007 at 12:10 PM

Good tip on the AltGen and your the man for creating it in the first place!! THANKS bB!!! 😄 I had actually mentioned using that as an alternative when the Diana morph for Apollo was created but I'm not sure how that worked out.... glad it's working for the conversions though!!  WOOT!! 😄

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2007 at 12:42 PM

I recently heard of this Diana morph where is it?  Apollo was such an alpha male I can't imagine a female morph.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2007 at 12:53 PM

Attached Link: http://www.contentparadise.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7392

She's at the link above! 😉

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2007 at 1:15 PM

Oh wow...she's believable. Thanks RamWolf!

Cage ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2007 at 11:17 PM

I'm verrrry interested in WW2, but I have one question: can this one do gloves?  Cage needs to do gloves....

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

jefsview ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2007 at 12:08 AM

gloves are not supported.

-- Jeff

BastBlack ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2007 at 10:34 PM

Quote - I'm verrrry interested in WW2, but I have one question: can this one do gloves?  Cage needs to do gloves....

Hey Cage. Something you might find interesting... Believe it or not, I used WW2 to convert a custom M3 head morph to M3 reduced resolution. Finally, a Mac person can do a High Res head morph to a Low Res head morph! ^^ bB

Cage ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2007 at 11:35 PM

*"Hey Cage. Something you might find interesting...
Believe it or not, I used WW2 to convert a custom M3 head morph to M3 reduced resolution.
Finally, a Mac person can do a High Res head morph to a Low Res head morph! ^^"

*Now, that's really cool!  Glad to hear it.  Ironically, I'm finally on the brink of getting P7, which would eventually enable me to adapt TDMT for a Mac, but now it's unnecessary.  :laugh:  Actually, I kind of keep hoping that PhilC or someone will take the basic ideas of TDMT and run with them, developing them further than Spanki and I did.  Hmm.

Kind of a bummer, about the gloves, though.  What about that, uh, OTHER program which is similar to WW?  Gloves?  No gloves?  Maybe I should be interested in both....

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

tebop ( ) posted Mon, 26 November 2007 at 12:18 AM

I tried converting Stockings and so far i'm not getting great results. Is thre a trick to this? I did MIKI stockings to v3

tebop ( ) posted Mon, 26 November 2007 at 12:29 AM

Ok, well if i make it for V3 base, it works fine. But my character is a morphed v3. it worked fine by dials.. but still i end up having to use Inflate, which makes the leg look really fat, but i have to inflate in order to not have any wholes with skin showing through stockings .

tebop ( ) posted Mon, 26 November 2007 at 12:38 AM

file_394189.jpg

Here is the e xample. miki stockings to v3 character( not base v3). In this i use the converted stocking, and did Inflate 1.000. it covers all the skin, no spots. But it looks too fat

tebop ( ) posted Mon, 26 November 2007 at 12:39 AM

file_394190.jpg

On the other hand this is Inflate .5, looks g reat from the front BUT....

tebop ( ) posted Mon, 26 November 2007 at 12:39 AM

file_394191.jpg

Look at the back and there is a hole

Gini ( ) posted Mon, 26 November 2007 at 5:49 AM

Quote - "Hey Cage. Something you might find interesting...
Believe it or not, I used WW2 to convert a custom M3 head morph to M3 reduced resolution.
Finally, a Mac person can do a High Res head morph to a Low Res head morph! ^^"
/>

So does this mean I might be able to add custom V4 full body morphs to the V4toV3 figure with WW2 ? (on Mac, P7)

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

BastBlack ( ) posted Mon, 26 November 2007 at 8:49 AM · edited Mon, 26 November 2007 at 8:53 AM

If you were following the thread by Cage, you'll know that results of a conversion need cleanup in an external program. What I did with WW2 is the same, it's not perfect, but it at least gives me a starting point. If you are determined, you could get V4's morphs to V4V3, but I would use another method, a better method, to do that. 1) Load V4's obj into Poser 2) Now load V3V4 as a morph target to the V3V4 obj. 3) Dial V4 to 1. 4) Export V4 with V4V3's shape, save as V3V4_V4groups.obj 5) Edit V4's Cr2 to point to V3V4_V4groups.obj 6) Save the cr2 as V3V4_V4groups 7) Open the new figure cr2 in Poser 8) Inject morphs Also try 9) Import V3V4_V4groups.obj 10) Open Groups editor 11) Cick Spawn props 12) export each body part. 13) Load V4 into the scene 14) Import each body part and dial to 1 15) Once done, go to the main body section, and create a Full Body Morph 16) Save to V4 with new V3 body morph to library 17) Start up WW2 18) Choose the V3 morph to analyze 19) Convert V4 clothes to fit V4V3. Should work, but I don't know if V4' morphs are compatible with V3's shape. bB

BastBlack ( ) posted Mon, 26 November 2007 at 9:00 AM

tebop, Use Fix Pokethrough. It should work perfect on your stockings, no problem, if that pokethourgh in the back happens in the zero pose. If pokethrough happens when the figure is posed, then you need to fix the Joints. See PhilC's site for the Joint Parameter tutorial. You could also try turning off fall-off zones in the Joints Editing menu. bB

Gini ( ) posted Mon, 26 November 2007 at 10:20 AM

bB- thanks for the info. I'm going to try it tonight !

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

rowlando ( ) posted Tue, 27 November 2007 at 1:54 AM

Hi bB

You may be able to answer me this please, I can convert clothing to V4 and am very happy with WW2.

What is not happening is any breast, chest morphs are not going over to the converted clothing, but everything else is. Such as lower body morphs execpt gential crease, upper body morphs except all breast.

Any suggestions.

I asked PhilC he says seems like an issue currently. O I am using the stand alone version as my P7 works to hard when it has to sort out WW2

Thanks Rowlando

Seek what you can never loose

BastBlack ( ) posted Tue, 27 November 2007 at 2:23 AM · edited Tue, 27 November 2007 at 2:26 AM

Some of V4's "morphs" are not morphs at all, they are magnets. Try the "Magnetize" pose in the V4 Pose Library and see if that fixes the problem. If not, hop on over to the PhilC forum and make post detailing the problem you run across. PhilC and Kamilche are working on a fix to some of the problems people run across.

rowlando ( ) posted Tue, 27 November 2007 at 3:41 AM

Thanks bB

Rowlando

tebop ( ) posted Wed, 28 November 2007 at 10:49 PM · edited Wed, 28 November 2007 at 11:00 PM

BastBlack, what is FIX PokeThrough. Some utility ? Or is it something included in WW2? Where is it? Okk i found it. so never mind. but it didn't fix it. it just made it worse.

rowlando ( ) posted Thu, 29 November 2007 at 1:48 AM

OK bB

Sorted out the issue with V4 breast morphs, as I read in another post by Bepop.

What to do is this.

Analyse V4 in Poser version WW2 not the standalone.

Move or copy the entire .mor file to the standalone version and then all the morphs will work on the clothing that you convert in the stand alone version.

This worked for me.

All morphs or movements work.

Rowlando

BastBlack ( ) posted Thu, 29 November 2007 at 11:28 AM

Oh okay.  V4 has an odd cr2.  I heard a mention that PhilC and Kamilche are working on a helper app will prepare figures' cr2 to be analyized. Perhaps it will be in the next update?

rowlando ( ) posted Thu, 29 November 2007 at 3:52 PM

Yep me too, what I have done has really fixed most things though.

The programe is great.

Thanks Rowlando

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Fri, 30 November 2007 at 12:05 AM · edited Fri, 30 November 2007 at 12:06 AM

Did anyone customize their "data" folders? I have a lot of figures in WW2 I don't use at this moment, that came with each expansion set I downloaded. I only want a handful of figures so I don't have to skip over to get to the ones I'm converting to and from. Thinking I want to go in and delete some...

BastBlack ( ) posted Fri, 30 November 2007 at 8:45 AM

Keep a master data file backed up somewhere, but yeah, you can trim down the figures included.

BastBlack ( ) posted Sat, 01 December 2007 at 1:01 AM · edited Sat, 01 December 2007 at 1:06 AM

This is The Mission for A3 by royloo over at PoserPros converted to M3. (I had to have those shoes for M3! lol) Looks pretty cool! From the hip down, plus the gloves, shoes, and goggles, this works very well for j-Rock. happy ^^ I may chop off the top and use a guy shirt instead combined with this outfit. But other than that, this is a great new addition to M3's wardrobe!!! ^^ M3misson1.jpgmissionm3.jpg There is a joint parameter issue on the legs. ack >< bB

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sat, 01 December 2007 at 11:01 AM · edited Sat, 01 December 2007 at 11:02 AM

bB,
How would you describe J-Rock's style? I find it very interesting.

BastBlack ( ) posted Sat, 01 December 2007 at 4:27 PM · edited Sat, 01 December 2007 at 4:35 PM

Sure, ^^ Basically, J-rock is Anime/Manga meets GlamRock meets Goth meets Rock meets Heavy Metal meets Video Games meets Punk. Links: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J-rock http://www.chinatownconnection.com/j-rock.htm http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_Japan And for Visual Kei, add to that J-rock meets Gothic Lolitia meets Louis the 16th meets Big Bird meets Vampires meets Splatter Punk meets Horror meets S-n-M meets David Bowie meets Victorian meets Kabuki. lol Links: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_kei http://www.visualkei.com/ bB

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sat, 01 December 2007 at 7:32 PM

hehe...I thought  "J-rock" was the name of your M3 character. Reading the links, J-rock is the abbreviation for Japanese Rock. LOL

BastBlack ( ) posted Sat, 01 December 2007 at 8:56 PM

Ooo Okay. ^^; Perhaps "k-rock" would be better name for my character since he was inspired by real life K-rocker Ha Sebin. -^ c1fsebin04sw.jpg bB

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sat, 01 December 2007 at 9:13 PM

Wow. BlackSmith3D, FaceShop Pro, and you did this real life person justice with your M3 character.

BastBlack ( ) posted Sat, 01 December 2007 at 11:56 PM

blush Thanks. ^^

BastBlack ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2007 at 2:28 AM · edited Fri, 07 December 2007 at 2:38 AM

file_395030.jpg

Hey, speaking of Blacksmith, want to see something cool I did tonight? ^^ This is Bast's Voodoo conversion of Aiko's Cool Fever shirt to M3. -^ Basically, It's a blend of the conversions by Wardrobe Wizard 2.12, CrossDresser 2.4, and one I did by hand in Blacksmith3D 2. Once I had the blend (32% / 32% / 36%), I exported, imported, then retouched the trouble spots. Looks pretty good, imho. Now M3 has a cool shirt too. (I also tweaked the tie to match the top.) ^^ bB

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.