Mon, Sep 9, 8:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: V4.1 and WW2

shedofjoy ( ) posted Fri, 23 November 2007 at 8:14 PM · edited Mon, 02 September 2024 at 1:34 AM

Ok i like V4.1 but i found the installer for it messy (especially in external runtimes) and now with the advent of Wardrobe Wizard 2 im finding her to be even more of a problem....

1. for some reason WW2 says V4.1 has no morphs????? hmmm....
    for the life of me i cant remember how i got the morphs into her in the first place...lol...
    2)and this is odd... i tried converting A3 and V3 shoes of many varieties to V4 and for some reason they do NOT move with or conform to the foot of V4... althought they are connected to the leg.... i have tried different settings in WW2 (both stand alone and plugin) and without morphs as i cant get that to work anyway...lol...
    Otherwise WW2 is excellent for all other character but imho its crap for V4... cause they made her bad....(i know someones gonna say she works better than V3, but er No she dont, she still has bend issues etc, the only thing i seamed to have aquired from V4 is a headache)
    any help would be nice as i would like to have differnet shoes on V4..... and DAZ... keep it simple.....really

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

DarkEdge ( ) posted Fri, 23 November 2007 at 8:49 PM

There are known issues with V4 and external runtimes. I believe upon installation they suggest you install under the regular runtime (not external).
As far as WW2 there is a workraround that is sucessful with other figures, don't know if this will work with you and your V4 issues though, but you can try:
Load V4 and inj all of her body morphs, save her to your figures library. Then load WW2 and use that saved figure to analyze your morphs from.

Hope this helps.

Comitted to excellence through art.

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 23 November 2007 at 8:52 PM

Yes that is pretty much what we are suggesting at this time. I am looking into it in detail and expect to be putting up a FAQ page that will cover issues like these.

infinity10 ( ) posted Fri, 23 November 2007 at 10:08 PM · edited Fri, 23 November 2007 at 10:09 PM

I do the same as Darkedge has said, for my M3 Bishounen morphed figure, and my Apollo Maximus morphed figure.  Reasonable success in WW1, but I'm just shopping for my WW2 right now, so expect it should be a similar route.

Eternal Hobbyist

mamba-negra ( ) posted Fri, 23 November 2007 at 10:44 PM
Online Now!

But things like Bulk and whatnot don't need to be injected...and yet they still don't show up:(

Hopefully the FAQ will clear it up:)

shedofjoy ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2007 at 3:04 AM

I managed to get V4.1's morphs to show up in WW2 but still none of the shoes i have tried to convert to V4 work hopefully someone will figure out why?
to put it in a simple way its as if the foot zone of the shoe is named wrong so that it doesnt conform to V4, the rest of the shoe conforms (if a bit of kilter)

Thankyou all who posted and to PhilC who induced these headaches on himself,lol.... keep up the good work

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

wdupre ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2007 at 3:27 PM

all of V4's morphs even the default ones use a readscript to load them when the figure loads, so they aren't actually contained within the cr2. so the only way to use the figure morphs in a seperate program that doesnt recognize readscript lines is to resave as a new figure, at this point Poser will load all the morphs as Default morphs within the cr2, as long as you dont have use external binary morphs set in your prefrences. as far as the reasons that using external runtimes slows V4's loading down is that Poser up to version six uses a deep file search by default for some reason, so it starts looking in the default runtime first everytime it comes across an external file refrence and only then start searching every other runtime connected to Poser, P7 has the option of using Shallow file search, which basicly tells it only to look in the same runtime that the cr2 is loaded from, with this set you can put V4 in any runtime you want and it will work fine.

mamba-negra ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2007 at 3:30 PM
Online Now!

Oh, I didn't realize that she didn't have morphs in her CR2. That is easy enough.

Thanks Will:)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.