Fri, Sep 20, 1:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:13 am)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: Order#: 111325424 has strange effect on my new Vista computer

mglant ( ) posted Mon, 17 December 2007 at 9:11 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 1:20 AM

**This is my order below.  I initially kept trying to get it to download and it seemed to be, but after one file an error that Rundll32.dll shut down so Explorer shuts down.  I finally got on my prior PC (my wife is using) and downloaded the files without a problem (XP).  Is this a security thing? I do want to be able to download from your site and had done it several times before this happened, but was having trouble in setting up payment (all of the fill in blanks appear blank even when you type into them.  Any clue about what it is?

Oh , I need to have the Adrianne figure reset because it says I have exceeded the number of downloads.

Thanks,
M. Glant

Order#:** 111325424
Date: 2007-12-17

Shipping Address:
Michael D Glant
2470 S US Highway 421
Zionsville, IN 46077 USA

Ship Method: Payment Method:   VISA 42** **** **** 0299 $37.29

Date Items Ordered: Qty: Price: 12/17/2007 CoverScapes for Vue 5 Infinite� (CoverScapes_45247.zip) 1 $3.50 12/17/2007 Adrianne (Adrianne_53677.zip) 1 $9.00 12/17/2007 Ana V4 (AnaV4_51185.zip) 1 $7.47 12/17/2007 Expressions for Victoria 4 (A_Ex4V4_43833.zip) 1 $5.00 12/17/2007 Reussi (VAL_Reussi_44647.zip) 1 $12.32   Item(s) Subtotal: $37.29 Shipping & Handling: $0.00 Taxes: $0.00 Coupon: $0 Total: $37.29

GinaH ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2007 at 2:38 PM

Hello, 

I'm going to see if I can duplicate the errors your getting on my laptop at home that has Vista. 

Thanks

Gina Harris
MarketPlace Admin

mglant ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2007 at 6:57 PM

I did an internet search that noted some posts that this 'Rundll32.exe' sudden shutdown was associated with a Nero driver.  It advised that you rename a file. This was the case on my system and I did that.  But this persisted.  Then I even uninstalled Nero completely.  This did not stop it.  I spent $30 on Registry Booster 2 that proports to address this issue.  It did improve my systems speeed and boot time, but still failing until I realized that this was happening because it was being saved to the directory that was used when the problem started "VueDownload2007".  I managed to quickly switch the SAVE directory to another and the problem stopped.  Thus it appears that the last Vue item I saved to that directory initiated the issue and if I try to SAVE to this directory it will force the Rundll32exe to shutdown, preventing any downloading or copying.  This pretty much took up last evening and I was at work today, so I will need to work on this some more.  I just knew I did not want to move beyone XP which runs flawlessly on my dual P4 Dell, but got a new HP Quad processor box and it came with Vista.  No option to switch out for XP, which I would have done had that option existed. 

My last order that you reset the Adrianne character in has a Vue object which would have been the file that I downloaded when this problem with Rundll32exe started.  I do not think it was the file per se.  I downloaded it on my other computer and it seemed fine, so I am a bit baffled.   I did not know if this might be some type of security related situation.

Thanks,
Mick

GinaH ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2007 at 3:51 PM

Ok, I was able to download those products with no problem on my laptop with Vista, so I'm not sure what was causing you problems? What kind of security software do you use? Perhaps that's the problem like you suspect.

Thanks

Gina Harris
MarketPlace Admin

mglant ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2007 at 4:28 PM

I have Norton Security Center as a 90 day free trial that came with my new HP (loaded system from Newegg).  I will forgo it soon because I have a multiPC license from CA that will cover this box as well and it is just being renewed.  The problem has disappeared since I stopped interacting with that directory with the Vue downloads.  Luckily most of them were on my prior computer and I did not erase them, so I can rebuild that achive after I delete that directory.  
Thanks for the attention to this issue.
Mick

GinaH ( ) posted Fri, 21 December 2007 at 10:20 AM

Your welcome, let me know if you need anything else.

Have a Safe and Happy Holiday!

Gina Harris
MarketPlace Admin

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.