Sun, Sep 15, 11:45 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 7:30 pm)

Subject: What's up with these eyebrows ??

Gini ( ) posted Tue, 01 January 2008 at 9:20 AM · edited Thu, 22 August 2024 at 10:09 PM

file_396612.jpg

(P7 Mac) Probably shouldn't be using Poser today anyway ( grey matter in recovery ) but in the last few months I've been using V4 bit I have never actually seen these before ! Obviously they are eyebrows but 1- they are huge 0.o 2- way above my characters head ?? 3- when selected offer NO active parameter controls for moving/scaling/placing them onto V4's face !!! I've now made them invisible so not problem and I know I sort of live in a cave and miss a lot of what gets talked about around here but can someone tell me how would I even use them if I wanted to given the lack of parameter options ?

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

MikeJ ( ) posted Tue, 01 January 2008 at 3:39 PM · edited Tue, 01 January 2008 at 3:40 PM

Couldn't tell you really because I can't stand the idea of separate eybrow parts included as a part of a figure (I'm really glad I bought the original V4 before this "update feature"), but I'll take a stab at it.
I'd say that the eyebrows were moved and inadvertently saved as a part of a face morph, or maybe the default position is up front as a morph target, but when a face morph or expression was saved it was in there too.
When the face expression pose or MT was added, the eyebrows sized up and moved out.
Or maybe it was a full body morph which caused it.
Bear in mind I'm not familiar with this eyebrow thing. Is it a separate mesh? If it's a prop it would react to MT's applied to the figure. If you can find an eybrow MT in the head, set it to an equivalent but negative value. That might work.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 01 January 2008 at 4:29 PM

I believe it's a topology of V4's original mesh that DAZ created as the demand for a sepeate solution that would allow folks to change the eyebrow color on demand and since not all of us use Poser it seemed like a good thing to do. 

I really don't know what to suggest except to remove the texture node and make that fully transparent so it's not in the way.  It was either, as stated, an errant thing a morph caused or something like that! 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

MikeJ ( ) posted Tue, 01 January 2008 at 6:02 PM · edited Tue, 01 January 2008 at 6:03 PM

I'd give it a try, but the v 4.1 update refuses to load in Poser 7. It seemed to install correctly, but when I try to load it it always hangs and crashes P7.
And I have no idea why. Maybe I'll look into it one of these days. Could be because I altered the original V4 mesh to remove all those of what I consider to be extranneous surfaces. Or maybe because it didn't like my V4 runtime location, or whatever else. Either way, no V4.1 for me.

Gini ( ) posted Wed, 02 January 2008 at 4:26 AM

Ah, well thank you both for your answers. I'd used 'unhide all' and they just appeared . MikeJ wrote- "I'd say that the eyebrows were moved and inadvertently saved as a part of a face morph, or maybe the default position is up front as a morph target, but when a face morph or expression was saved it was in there too" That makes sense. I'll load a fresh unmorphed V4.1 and see what I get with them and if I can move then around unlike with the scene above. Hmm, they might make a good mustache if I ever want a V4 in man-drag ; )

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.