Tue, Oct 1, 5:11 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: It had to Happen: ShareCG Revenue Sharing Cancelled.

flibbits ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2008 at 8:00 PM

How about the following to solve or address the mediocre content problem?

Require downloaders to maintain a ratio of ratings to downloads, so that they have to rate at least 50% of the number of items they download.

Require uploaders to maintain a ratio of positive ratings and ratings period, so if they upload too much that isn't viewed and rated, or upload too many items with low ratings, they lose their upload priveledges or have to take down those unviewed or low rated items?

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2008 at 8:19 PM

Quote - Mmmm... raspberries :wub: 🤤

I'm having a diabetic fit just looking at that!

My Freebies

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2008 at 8:20 PM

Quote - How about the following to solve or address the mediocre content problem?

Require downloaders to maintain a ratio of ratings to downloads, so that they have to rate at least 50% of the number of items they download.

Require uploaders to maintain a ratio of positive ratings and ratings period, so if they upload too much that isn't viewed and rated, or upload too many items with low ratings, they lose their upload priveledges or have to take down those unviewed or low rated items?

Good idea. I'll pass that one on to the discussion in the forums there.

My Freebies

Dajadues ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2008 at 8:40 PM · edited Sun, 06 January 2008 at 8:51 PM

Hmm, hope that won't mean they're closing their site?

That's what happens when people get greedy. They shouldn't have done it to begin with unless they had plenty of backing to keep paying out money to the freebie content makers.

Good, maybe then it will stop them from flooding Rendo's Poser Freebies with all those texture content for Daz Cyclorama crap backgrounds.

I'd rather have quality over quanity freebies anyday of the week.

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2008 at 9:04 PM

Quote - You are not be at all supportive of my diet!!! :glare:

Quote - I'm having a diabetic fit just looking at that!

Good job I didn't show a picture of these then -> Chocolate Raspberry Napoleons :biggrin:

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2008 at 10:40 PM

Could we please just have some vanilla ice cream?

Quote - "How about the following to solve or address the mediocre content problem?

Hmm, but what would be considered low views or downloads?

Take for instance mine, on some images they haven't generated more than 15 or 20 views. I think that's very low so I may just go ahead and remove them.
But my texture sets get at least 40 or more dowmloads a month so far.

I'd rather leave the texture sets at least three to six months and see if it picks up, if not I'll remove them.  

I think some kinfd of guideline is needed because some of us aren't very well know yet and will get less views and downloads.

Last month (my first full month) I had over 2000 views and downloads total.
Would that be considered low or about right for the length of time I've been there?

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2008 at 11:00 PM

Quote - > Quote - You are not be at all supportive of my diet!!! :glare:

Quote - I'm having a diabetic fit just looking at that!

Good job I didn't show a picture of these then -> Chocolate Raspberry Napoleons :biggrin:

You are a wicked and evil person who should send me some Chocolate Raspberry Napoleons to beg for my forgiveness! 

My Freebies

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2008 at 11:07 PM

Quote -
Last month (my first full month) I had over 2000 views and downloads total.
Would that be considered low or about right for the length of time I've been there?

It took a while for my views to get above a monthly payout amount. Four months to be precise. The first four months I made enough monthly so that I got a bi-monthly paycheck. The last 4 months I got paid monthly because I seriously cranked out dynamic clothing freebies nearly 1 a day for those four months. Even now though my views are going down because, hey, once people have them the start petering off in view counts.

The way things were working out though, my highest view count month had the lowest payout rate because as view counts go up for the site, the monthly payout rate goes down. That was something that was going to be breaking the payout system soon anyway, even if the spam and copyright stuff had died out, as more and more people uploaded content.

I'm glad they've put a freeze on it for now til they figure a different revenue sharing plan out.

My Freebies

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2008 at 11:53 PM

I did wonder how they could do it at all. I'm still not understanding the way it was supposed to work. But the rate of payout was so small anyway that it would take a huge amount of views or donloads to make much difference. If they do work something better out, I'll be happy to accept it, if not, no sweat. I'll still put my freebies there.

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

jartz ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2008 at 1:28 AM

I started uploading my first v3 sci-fi outfit from sCG in mid-December last year.  I have had one PM'd me here stating that the stuff I made and uploaded from another web hosting site (I think it was RapidShare) was a dead 404 link, so I went and uploaded to ShareCG.

I don't take into the profit and revenue bit (if it's needed fine, if not, fine as well), I just like to contribute and share my creations to the 3d/art communtiy as a whole.

I hope that they don't close the site.  I truly feel that it's another avenue for those that want to host their works or freebies and can do so without the frills, and as for the others hogging up the spotlight (spammers) all to make a gain, it just make it worse for those that play by the rules -- plain and simple.

My .02 cents worth -- and that's speaks a lot I guess.

JB

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

Paloth ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2008 at 1:35 AM

Personally, I'm glad that the monetary incentive will be eliminated. It was getting difficult to find the quality items scattered in a forest of nickel and dime opportunism. Revenue sharing was the fertilizer that grew the tangle weed.

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

flibbits ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2008 at 5:03 AM

I thought they paid out because they had advertising on the pages at some rate higher than the payout.

For example if they were receiving .00002 per page from ads then they'd pay out .00001 per view.

I found things like the Cyclorama backgrounds useful, and thought there's something for everyone.  What one person or most people might not find useful or of good quality, someone or even just one person might need and want.

Hopefully not paying doesn't mean all the items on ShareCG will disappear.

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2008 at 11:19 AM

The issues most had with the Cyclorama textures was the fact that you can already download any image you like and add it to your cyclorama which is all some of these people did. They downloaded someone elses work and claimed it as their own for profit.

My Freebies

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.