Sat, Oct 5, 9:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:08 am)

Subject: Assign a control to Rotation Trackball

flibbits ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2008 at 2:39 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 7:27 AM

Is there a way to assign keys or controls to the rotation trackball or move x and y?

I have a controller that reads brainwaves, but have to assign different control functions such as key strokes.

Another way to phrase the question is this.  Is it possible to move the rotation trackball without having the mouse over it.  If so, how?

BeyondVR ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2008 at 4:00 PM

I don't think so.  There are Dolly and Orbit parameter dials, but none for Pan, and that's basically what you want to do.  There may be a way to do it, but I can't find it.

John

flibbits ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2008 at 4:21 PM

I wonder if those devices that are special controls for the pan and zoom (the hardware looks like a dial) is based on some sort of API.

stewer ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2008 at 5:09 PM

If there's an API for your controller, you can control the camera through Python. I used a Python plugin to add Poser support for my 3dconnexion SpaceNavigator before the SR2 brought native support to Poser 7.

flibbits ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2008 at 6:04 PM

There's an API but I'm not up to speed to write to it.

I'll have to run everything by the guy who writes the software.

ockham ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2008 at 6:45 PM

If the controller puts out 'real' keystrokes (ie, its output looks just like
actual hits on the keyboard) you could use or adapt this script......

http://ockhamsbungalow.com/python/Me-camera.zip

The purpose of the script is to control the Dolly camera from arrow keys.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

flibbits ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2008 at 11:10 PM

I'll try that, thanks.  It does deliver keystrokes, mouse and joystick movements, as well as can be addressed directly to an API.

heli232 ( ) posted Sun, 13 January 2008 at 2:36 AM

Would it be also possible with python to assign the mousewheel to dials.
I would like to, instead of slideing the dial with the muse, to slide it with the mousewheel. This should work for every active dial. This would be a better way for posing and using morphing dials.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.