Mon, Oct 7, 9:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Awesome Beton IMage.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2008 at 4:32 PM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 11:28 AM

This is the kind of image that I'd like to see made with Bryce and Poser.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1614308

There is a lot of mood and expression in it, and not you're typical lifeless, expressionless poser figure standing with a sword in hand.

RodsArt ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2008 at 4:39 PM

Beton always portrays the human essence. Super Artist.

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2008 at 4:58 PM

People who do figures especially poser need to look at Betons work and take notes.  I too often see amazing dramatic images of Beasts and Scantly clad women holding swords, but no attention being paid on the face, and usually they just have a dead gaze, and thats when I lose interest in the image.

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2008 at 6:38 PM

I would love to know how he actually did that - apart from the 20 years of practice and/or 1million years of talent.

Looks a bit like Winona Rider to me.

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

pauljs75 ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2008 at 2:58 AM

Him and jjsmlee... (If you go further back in the archives.) Seems a rare few poser artists ever get involved in developing much experession on their characters.

I wonder if she got a little winded keeping the nekkid and vacant vickies out of her temple. :woot:

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

silverblade33 ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2008 at 9:12 AM · edited Sat, 09 February 2008 at 9:13 AM

that's very good work, dunno how folk can use Painter to turn a render into such superb work :)

agreed on the expressionless stuff...look, I'm not a great artist, but it PO's me off seeing a superb piece of work, whith obviously good post work done, to make a great image, and the hero/heroine is BLANK faced..WTH?

Ever been in a fight or seen one, or othe moments of drama? Sure folk have, so, why don't they use that as reference for Poser work?
Just abnormal, IMHO and a wast of some superb work.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1607043
I can't paint etc, but I try and get characters expressign what the scene says.
-captain, anger, command, vehmence, defiance
-priest, hope, imploring, concern, humility
-thief, bitterness, fear, anger, wariness

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

dvlenk6 ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2008 at 9:40 AM · edited Sat, 09 February 2008 at 9:41 AM

Quote - ...Ever been in a fight or seen one, or othe moments of drama?...

Lots, and warfare too.
Ever hear of 'the thousand yard stare?"
Drama is for movies and actors; and only amateur warriors show their emotions. A trained or professional fighter/killer is emotionless; or at least keeps a tight reign on emotions. Certainly there will be no outward display. An emotional warrior is a dead warrior.

Friends don't let friends use booleans.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2008 at 12:33 PM · edited Sat, 09 February 2008 at 12:35 PM

Quote -
Ever hear of 'the thousand yard stare?"
Drama is for movies and actors; and only amateur warriors show their emotions. A trained or professional fighter/killer is emotionless; or at least keeps a tight reign on emotions. Certainly there will be no outward display. An emotional warrior is a dead warrior.

These guys are trained professional fighters... look at the expression on their face.. I dont see "the thousand yard stare"

Look at the guy on the left doing the punching... look at the veins on the head the shape of the mouth the lift on the eyebrows there is lot going on there and its not a cold stare.

Look at the guy on the right receiving the punch... look at the eyes, the open jaw... lots going on here.

I've seen exceptional renders that look like the scene below, only to have the poser characters
looking like they are constipated.

silverblade33 ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2008 at 12:58 PM

Dvlenk6,
true, but since much of the art is fantasy, it's melee combat, and that is usually not emotionless, as a formal dule/ or dojo is not a dirty fight in an alley, dungeon or versus undead! ;)

Then again, some of the scumbags in Glasgow do look like escapees from a horror flick... :tt2:

So, warfare of modern professional soldier...versus fantasy....hm? :)
Taught, tense expressions at the least?

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

severed ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2008 at 1:10 AM

beton is an amazing artist...his characters' facial expressions really speak with emotion, he is a truly gifted artist

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.