Mon, Jul 8, 8:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 07 7:10 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Linking Images?

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Sun, 02 March 2008 at 4:26 PM · edited Sun, 07 April 2024 at 1:38 PM

A lot of times I read threads, that can be answered by previous threads I've replied to;  and quite often by images I've posted to previous threads.  When I'd posted these images, previously, I knew their preview would be relatively small; but that after clicking, would give a larger display.  So I generally upload images that are a full screen shot of my 1280 x 1024 display.  My problem is when I try to link an image, from one renderosity thread to another, the new thread gets plasterd with a huge image; because the forum mechanics in place, that downsizes images to a preview size, are'nt in place.  Though it does'nt make much sense to upload the same image over and over; when linking does'nt cost any additional memory.

Might anyone know how I could use the Source button, to limit the display size of the image I'm linking?  I would like to learn how to link an image much just how an uploaded image behaves; because I often select a linked image to embed a link to the thread the original image came from.  But even if I could just learn how to make a linked image display smaller, I could make that second link to point to the original image, so when clicked it would display the full image; and then use the Attached Link feature to link the original thread.

KarenJ ( ) posted Sun, 02 March 2008 at 11:32 PM

You've got two methods:

1. Click on the "attach image" button, and enter a value into the height and/or width fields. It'll lock the proportions, so you only need to enter one value. You must enter the url of the image first.

2. Use the source, and follow this format for the img tag:
    Ad11380.JPG

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Sun, 02 March 2008 at 11:56 PM

*"...the height and/or width fields. "

* Sorry to have bothered you KarenJ, I should have noticed that; thank you very much, it was very kind of you to point this out! 

I will bookmark this thread, in case I find a use the code will come in handy for; thanks again!

KarenJ ( ) posted Sun, 02 March 2008 at 11:57 PM

No problemo :-)

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.